Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Hi, My googling suggests the 190ps EA888 is very different internally and externally from the other versions, being focused on efficiency rather than power. Are all post 2021 using the 7 speed DSG?
  3. Traditionally, diesels are for higher miles but the gearing on the DQ381 will be decent for longer journeys. If you were on the 7-speed DQ381 then no change. If you were on the DQ250 6 speed, it was required to be serviced every 40k miles and the 7 speed is officially every 80k miles but most stick to the 40k service period. The 190bhp I presume is an EA888 engine which is a decent block. Waterpump issues are a known fault but there are some decent replacements. Not sure on the the remap potential but the turbo only looks to peak around 230/240bhp.
  4. Hi defsix. (Real capital acknowledged!) Thanks for info. Sounds like an excellent outcome for you with that fresh engine. Did you do yourself?
  5. NottsIan replied to royread's topic in Skoda Karoq
    One (or more) of the windows needs its 'one-touch' operation resetting. This should reset it Close the window: Pull the window switch all the way up to the second detent until the window is completely closed. Keep holding the switch up for about 2 to 3 seconds after it shuts. Open the window: Push the switch all the way down to fully open the window, and hold the switch down for 2 to 3 seconds once it is fully open. Repeat closure: Pull the switch up once more to fully close the window and hold it for 2 to 3 seconds at the top.
  6. NottsIan started following Windows
  7. Are they similar to the sport line shape? Or more like standard? I’m local to @tombee so perhaps they could serve us both depending on how they look!
  8. I did check the donor bumper - and took me a while to notice that although its off a pre-FL L&K it doesn't have the cutouts so not from a 280. you're welcome to my old one with the tow-bar cut out. You'd never notice unless you lay down under the car. Either that or you can have them both - the one without the cut-outs you can use as a test for trimming and my old one for a fallback. I'll be swapping the parts over this weekend so aside from the 3-week delay, a mountain of swearing and grazed knuckles and then having to get someone capable of doing it, it'll be free from the car pretty soon.
  9. royread posted a topic in Skoda Karoq
    I have a 24 plate Karoq and the windows fail to open when holding down door open button on key fob. It's happened before and rectified itself, but now it won't. New Panasonic batteries in key fob and all windows set to open in settings. Window lock off. Any suggestions??
  10. royread started following Windows
  11. @NottsIan I agree with your assessment, something isn't right. I have read that the throttle sensitivity can be adjusted. As I mentioned previously the when DSG adapts to towing it changes up later and down sooner, but it reverts to normal after about two days.
  12. Be interesting to see if UK adopts a diesel scrappemage scheme again. Talking to an Irish Taxi driver a few months ago he had just acquired a Toyota BZ4 and benefitted from a 10k Euros scrappage on his Dacia Logan / Sandero scrappage which was only a few years old. Seems even to me that scrapping a say 3, or 4 or 5 year old car is excessive. UK scrappage scheme was only £2k i recall and there are a few smoky old diesels on the road that should be fixed or scrapped. Another thought is that if the UK was to introduce Anti Dumping on EVs it would create a windfall tax receipt of thousands of Chinese EVs coming out of Cystoms Warehouse at the UK docks. Having been part of the Customs team at Portbury where we gad up to 100k vehicles in stock could ve a tidy sum just on the ordinary customs duty front !
  13. Today
  14. My old firm Ceva is absolutely dedicated to reducing carbon footprint print and whether that is going full EV, or using HVO or LNG in the case of ships that can load up to 4,000 tonnes of fuel at a time. I think diesel needs to be there in case we have a "nuclear" winter caused by war or natural disasters like Icelandic volcanos or the Atlantic warm water stream stopping as it is due to in the next 2 or 3 decades which would lower SE England average temperatures by about 10 C. We would need all the energy diversities we can get.
  15. @minsy something doesn't sound right with your car. My Karoq is similar mileage (6500 in 2 yrs) and the DSG is nothing like yours. On a light throttle it will change up at just over 2000rpm. To get it to not change until 3000rpm requires either sport mode or a lot of throttle! My main use of the paddles is to force a lower gear when going uphill as I find the DSG sometimes doesn't change down early enough! Did you get yours from new? if not, then as suggested above, maybe the previous owner was heavy footed and the DSG needs to re-learn your driving style
  16. I'm afraid that the whole diesel thing has not been thoroughly thought through at all. If what you would like to see happens, it won't be long before everyone involved will object to the impact that their decisions have had on life as we know it. Just sit and think of all the things that we take completely for granted today that are actually only possible because of the use of diesel. Everything from goods in shops, to mayor superstructure, roads, bridges, and buildings etc. We should all be very careful of the things we wish for, as most of them will come back and bite, and bite hard.
  17. Hi On 11th September I picked up my new Superb SEL estate. Before collection the dealer took off the 18" Dofida Alloys and put my 17" Ratikons from my old Karoq. Now I have driven the car for a month, and I will not be changing back to the Dofidas. The photos show the label still on the alloys showing a manufacture date of 14th July 2026. The details are 4 x 18" Skoda Dofida alloys c/w Pirelli P7 235/45/R18 Tyres. No centre caps included The wheel bags will be included in the sale. Price = £950 PS - If you look on other topics you will see my history on the Karoq, alloys and my new Superb !! Collection from Southampton or would deliver within 20 mile radius
  18. Bosch 0986018390 is a physical match 2kw 10 rather than 11 teeth - internet and eco says 10 or 11 ok
  19. Nottsian I dont know the name of the hill but its the steep,long one on the M5 not very far from Torquay. My Karoq is not high useage buy any means [ 5600 miles in 18 months] and im beginning to dislike it more every day I use it. we have a very small gradient on the approach road to our street and the car s revving at 3000rpm in 2nd gear unless I use the flappy paddles. The Wifes Fabia DSG is in 4th on the same road. For the life of me I cant understand why a much less powerful car can be in a higher gear than the Karoq under identical conditions. The fabia is in top in no time at all, mine just seems to hold on in a low gear for as long as possible.
  20. Car not returning any error codes. I wouldn't expect any though if starter. I'm changing starter motor (ECP supplied wrong one to start with!) When starter motor area was disturbed car started. I'm thinking a burnt out segment on commutator ring? I tried steering wheel adjust and wiggling key, spare key before knocking starter and nothing. After disturbing starter motor it started. Wife said she wiggled gear stick and it started. Dash light extinguish except the typical ones you'd expect. No unusual behaviour (dimming etc) Manual 6 speed 1.9tdi pd MK1 vrs Not dsg
  21. All about demand and margins. If demand relates to diesel cars doing the miles on the road that is in a natural decline as their percentage on the road declines. Also about margins. So garage operators claim that selling fuel is very low margin and they make more from selling pop and crisps than from fuel. EV charging you xan have a captive audience for about 20 minutes and selling them a coffee etc can provide really income. Would lile to see more garages rip out their pumps and create sites lije Gridserve's Electric Forecourts. So impressive just need more of them, if they can get the Grid connection or install battery Mega Packs. Shell did this in Jan 2022, more please. https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/news/2022/01/fulham-now-home-world-s-first-shell-ev-charging-hub
  22. https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MEN3 guest/guest
  23. KarolZ joined the community
  24. Great to see Elfyn become WRC Champion 2026. Commiserations to Olly Solberg. Coverage on C4 was good and helping my Welsh come along. Usually watch on TNT though. Hope Welsh government does a parade. Also congrats to Latvala, team Principal. Nice guy, spoke to him on one of the last WRC Welsh rally.
  25. Our Clio "self charging hybrid" was lovely to drive for 23 months. Low down oomph of the electric motor and range of the petrol engine even though the tank was bit less than 40 litres. Well into the mid or upper 60 mpgs in summer, dropping just below 60 mpg in depths of winter. Coming back from Ferrari Challenge at Oulton Park and we got a flat tyre. Gunge did not work so out came RAC. Changing wheel for the RAC man's spare and dash light up like Blackpool illuminations. With hybrids more than twice as mych to go wrong, maybe 4 times as much as the systems xan seem to go in to conflict. Would never get a hybrid again. Or maybe only a Toyota as their biuld quality and experience sets them apart. And... https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/features/366162/petrol-station-ev-charging-station-future-uk-forecourts
  26. Hi all, just a quick update. So after taking the two solenoids out that didn’t need removing I removed the whole pump but I still could only see the two solenoids. I then saw a picture of another Lucas pump and there was a cut off solenoid at the end like other pumps but on my pump I couldn’t see it until I took of the mounting bracket and there it was. Cutting a long story short I had power going to a module on the base of the pump but no ignition power coming out. I removed the solenoid leads from that module and put them to the ignition power to the module, earthed the other end and BOOM I now have a working injector pump and after bleeding the pump I now have the pick up running 💥🎉 Thanks for your help guys without your advice I would still probably be chasing this one. Rob
  27. Looks like Skodas are affected then! Which bolt is this?
  28. Hi, Looking to replace my now wearing 2017 superb sel exec 150ps diesel manual which has almost 170k miles on it. I am UK based and am looking at either the 200ps diesel or 190ps petrol options, as I have struggled to find an alternative comparable car to the superb. I am finding that there are more 190ps petrols available than the 200ps diesel available second hand. I would consider a stage 1 for either too. Looking to get one that's post 2021 with around 50k miles and likely run it to around 150k miles (similar to my existing car). Are there any red flags to say no to either of the options? Probably would look toward the Sportline trim this time too. Annual mileage is around 20-25k miles.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.