All Activity
- Past hour
- No crank no start
- No crank no start
-
-
Brake pedal soft but brakes fine. Doesn't pump up, no fluid leak - air in system or master cylinder problem?
That's how all normal brake fluid changes are done. Yes the fluid does mix a bit and that little bit of un-refreshed fluid doesn't matter. The only time you need to do an ABS bleed is when you have got air in the ABS. I did because I let my reservoir run dry doing a brake bleed and sucked air into the system. Only realising when air splattered out the bleed screw and not fluid, completely my fault, and also when you fit a new ABS unit because the replacement unit would have air in it when installed. I always use a pressure bleeder when doing my brakes.
- Long charging cable
- Long charging cable
- Today
-
__HanSolo__ joined the community
-
Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
If you have a 280bhp you have 340mm vented front discs, 310mm rear vented discs. Every other model, be it petrol, diesel, FWD or AWD will have 312mm vented front discs, 300m sold rear discs. Most motor factors are hit and miss despite claiming to confirm the make/model/trim you have; so make sure you check the size is correct. BTW, if you're just going to for plain discs, I highly recommend the ATE Ceramic pads as they are very low dust. I've read they leave a film on the disc and the pad then grips that rather than friction on the surface of the disc. No idea if that's true but the results spoke for themselves with me.
-
Octavia radio swap
A 2014 will have MIB1 systems, so: if you have Canton you'll need a new Canton amp if you want to use CarPlay or Android Auto you'll need a new USB In any case it won't be plug and play, coding will be required to match the new MIB2.5 to the car configuration.
-
Latest what is this collection of errors post
Yes its that but I think there's a spot weld in the mix too. It may well be in response to the ARB bushes originally being a classic source of creaking in the pre-FL versions. I wonder if putting it all together stops any chance of moving causing noise. H&R just haven't caught up with the design change. I did note that some places like Hardrace or Whiteline include new clamps so I'll mull over the idea of buying replacement clamps and fitting it on an Alu subframe next year some time when finances have recovered a little...
- Long charging cable
- DSG DQ200 service information
-
Servicing intervals?
VW have different advice on oil changes for lower annual mileage, short trip vehicles, differing useages even though Long Life oil.
-
Servicing intervals?
I don't like leaving oil in cars longer than a year regardless of mileage. But VW Group say it's OK for up to 2yrs/30K miles and they should know. If the car senses the oil needs changing earlier, due to lots of cold starts, short journeys etc, then it'll ask for it. I guess the crucial thing is, how long will you keep the car? If you'll change it in a few years time then you're over-servicing is benefiting the next owner, not you.
-
Which winter wheels?
Thanks for your thoughts, @Arianne I ran Goodyear All-Season Vectors all year round on my Mk3 Superb. They were ok and coped adequately with most conditions, albeit with a much lower powered car than I now have. However, two of the set developed a nasty habit of losing pressure and needed frequent top-ups. By the time I got rid of them, it was at least weekly. My garage checked them but could not find any damage or mis-fitting to explain the problem. So I've got a (probably irrational) bias against Goodyears. At the moment, all the UK dealers seem to be out-of-stock of all brands of winter tyres except Continental. Presumably, they will bring new stock in this month as drivers decide it's time to switch over. Like many, I use the summer time clock changes as my cue to swap tyres and consequently late October/early November is when dealers typically aim to have their new stock in. That gives me another few weeks to make my mind up. I don't need snow chains, so I will be on 18" winter rims to give a little bit more width in contact with the road. I saw that a few online dealers do have a good range of tyres available now. Digging further, quite a few seem to be trading names for Delticom, so I appreciate your observations on their service. I'll keep that in my back pocket if nothing turns up here in the meantime. I assume they take care of all the import and tax issues from the EU source, so there are no additional costs or hassle beyond the purchase price.
-
Are you the new owner of KYXX XXB Superb SE L 2.0tsi
@BKRacing Just out of interest, did the seller declare to you that it was a Cat N or S insurance write-off?
-
barn find felicia pickup.
This has taken a LONG time to get out, the top of the strut being nicely rusted. but another round of heat, penetrant, and violence got the nut suddenly moving. That gets us this rotten old bouncy thingy out As soon as I get some more money I'm going to get new ones that aren't so rusty. I THINK I'm going gas, not oil as this isn't primarily going to be a load carrying vehicle. The important question is: What's that rubber stuff up at the top called because although I can get shocks from loads of places I'm struggling to locate the top hat bush thingy and that should be refreshed too I feel. Actually bad form but probably this?: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404677052614 Of course I can't get the other side out, but if time got this one moving I expect the same magic can happen on the other side.
- Long charging cable
-
John625 started following Long charging cable
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
Ok, you dont find it too stiff going over speedbumps etc? The handling and body roll is for sure much improved. How much was the car lowered from the original setup? Did you have to get shorter bumpstops for the new shorter b8 shocks or did they come with them?
-
Servicing intervals?
Hi, thanks again for your reply. I am planning on having a two year service when I hit 15k km's, I suspect around April next year which I hope will put me firmly back on track. Looking at the 2 year service they replace the pollen filter. In the past I pretty much always serviced my cars myself but with this one being newer and therefore more expensive I am going to use the main dealer for most works / servicing.
-
DSG DQ200 service information
Thx, problem I have when searching the forum (not only this one ) is that information is very fractured which means reading hundreds of posts and then trying to piece together something useful. The search function is weird, tried several keywords but search return list is not great and will often show results that are not even about the search subject matter.
-
Cyco started following DSG DQ200 service information
-
DonnieM joined the community
- Side steps / running boards fitted
-
Side steps / running boards fitted
- Side steps / running boards fitted
- Latest what is this collection of errors post
...but it does look as if the shells are clamped-together with some type of rivet nut.Warrior193 started following Latest what is this collection of errors post- Auto Start-Stop not functioning
You should be able to find engine starts in the ecu. A lot of other factors of ah draw. Car sitting in trafffic when engine is off. Locking and opening of the car. Brake regeneration cycling the battery etcAndySmith1707 started following Superb IV - what no scheduled charging??- Auto Start-Stop not functioning
I assume price reduction of AGM batteries is due to economy of scale rule. Prices of them a few years back was disproportionately high, I thought. - Side steps / running boards fitted
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.