1.5 SEL first gear issue.

Janner74

?

Are Registered Keepers Receiving Recall Letters, if not it is not a 'Recall' might be a Recall Action / Service Campaign.

A phone call from someone at a Dealers saying 'There is a recall' is not a Recall either.

Example.

A Recall Action / Service Campaign on 1.2 TSI & 1.6 MPI engines and if the car is not Main Dealer Serviced owners might never know, and even if it is in at a Main Dealership they might never know, 

yet it says it is a 'Recall.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/472548-skoda-recalls-there-are-just-so-many-and-so-many-that-never-hear-of-them

.......................................................................................................................................................................................

This was a Recall Letter', but a voluntary recall that the DVSA allowed VW Group to have on the DQ200's, 

and it was not a Recall on the Government site, but the DVLA gave VW the Registered Keepers address & VW Group send the letters.

It was a Recall Action.

imageproxy.jpg.4614ad9ec6bcdd4ff87997e3e6bcacae.jpg.6adc5dc418523109905a3f3d414d63ac.jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot

Indeed.......Bob Flavin is a great “car guy”. Says it as it is.

He is a real fan of Skoda, check his reviews of the Kodiaq, Superb and Octavia.

His channel accepts no funding or sponsorship of any kind from motor manufacturers which is no doubt why he hints at the fact no other press reviews mention the issues.

• Like 1

It's interesting that Bob has identified a problem with the 1.5/DSG and is suggesting that a software update might be the answer. From what I have read concerning the Karoq, most (but not all) problems have been associated with the manual version. Several of us have reported positively about the recent 24EU update but has anyone on here with a DSG version been invited in for a software update?

• Like 1

Had the update. It's a lot better, I would say the kangarooing is 99.5% cured. Had a follow up call from Skoda UK today. During conversation they stated no more updates are planned. Apparently the issue was lack of power to the alternator. Not 100% convinced about that. So hopefully all sorted. Not entitled to anything for putting up with it for 9 months as the courtesy car I had for 4 weeks back in Feb wiped out any allowance apparently!

From your experience up to now, do you beleive everything they say?

It all depends on the pressure that customers will put on them.

If people report that it is not fixed they will have to look into it more. Especially now that they have found that the alternator function at low revs is the root cause.

Re Apparently the issue was lack of power to the alternator .

Why would that be a problem?

If there is not enough engine power to turn the alternator to generate enough electrical power, then surely that is where the car's battery comes in to provide electrical power?

Or is there a battery/alternator cutout/charging problem as well?

I recall some older motorcycles which had a magneto - if the engine revs dropped the magneto did not turn enough to generate the electrical power to create the spark so the engine died.  Do we have a similar problem here?

I can understand an engine not running properly (perhaps even dieing) due to a poor 'spark' (due to plugs needing changing or sub-standard plugs fitted).

The problem was and is.

The Board of VW allow lies to be told to customers / owners, lies and downright lies and the VW Default is eventually accept there is a limit problem, affecting a few, they are on the case, they have found a solution, the solution works so they are going to do no more.

Well a court or Government Agency in a country not in the EU will make a desision on that in the end, and they will eventualy do some more for a few more.

Vorsprung Durch Technik. 

P!ss them about as long as is possible, memories are short.

Edited by Roottootemoot

If the problem is in the alternator, then why the jerking force is not changed when all possible consumers are turned on. 

I wonder if it is possible to replace the ECU from “BH” to “AL”, and whether this will solve the problem for cars which the update did not work.

Honesty from @ 8 Minutes.

Skoda / VW Management better think on, & listen to Bob Flavin, because they seem to have the Elephant in the room now escaped.

Factory fresh characteristics, ie, drives a bit crap!

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 2

On 29/09/2019 at 15:01, Karr3 said:

Hi kerbero5, 

Did you manage to find anything else out about the recall listed on your car? Also, in August you mentioned that your car was in for a diagnostic check after having an update done. Can you please advise the result of that? Did they admit to anything?

I've been away this week, but my Karoq is due into Skoda next Tuesday for more details. Basically Skoda Tech Support took my original diagnostics and asked for more info and a "video of the behaviour". They feel the software update I had on 21st August should have fixed it, but it clearly hasn't. I need to figure out what ECU my car has to see if it is part of the recall action. I'm not sure how specific those gov.uk recall actions are.....is it just if your car is a Skoda Karoq from 2019 they say there is a recall and to check with my dealer, or is it specific to my VIN and engine model etc.

3 hours ago, kerbero5 said:

I've been away this week, but my Karoq is due into Skoda next Tuesday for more details. Basically Skoda Tech Support took my original diagnostics and asked for more info and a "video of the behaviour". They feel the software update I had on 21st August should have fixed it, but it clearly hasn't. I need to figure out what ECU my car has to see if it is part of the recall action. I'm not sure how specific those gov.uk recall actions are.....is it just if your car is a Skoda Karoq from 2019 they say there is a recall and to check with my dealer, or is it specific to my VIN and engine model etc.

https://recall.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb is working again now to check for recalls using your VIN. I did live chat and was told about the 24EV A-Engine control unit recall for mine. Had it done on Tuesday. Roo has not completely gone but is slightly better than it was & car is still not picking up in 2nd correctly.

3 minutes ago, fidelio said:

What MY is gr car? We all should always specify since it seems that different behavior is reported between MY18 and MY19

Karoq sel 1.5tsi, registered new May 2019, so I presume MY19?