Octavia 245 Owners Club

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:58, themanwithnoaim said:

Oh yeah, are you coming down ?

Running a few tanks of Vpower to get the bores clean, the misses (an Accountant) is gonna poop herself when she see £1.459 per litre at 24 mpg

V-Power just gone up to £1.429 here in Coalville.:blink:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, richardwheat200 said:

So this happened yesterday whilst parked at work. 

No no note left of course. 

I’m soooooooo p______d off. 

Whoever has done it, knows they’ve done it and with some force! 

48E8162E-FCCE-47B5-9571-91BD30DA6C3A.jpeg

22AD2445-78D7-40BD-8208-F36DC3DAE388.jpeg

That's shocking! This is why I have my internal cameras recording while parked.

Edited by JimmyUK

8 hours ago, richardwheat200 said:

Do an "email all" including the pictures at work to shame the responsible person?

Almost 7 months since my remap back in March and more than 7,000miles covered since then. As you guys may know I always use Shell V-Power (wish they would pay me for all the free advertising), and during the last 4,770 miles I've used 528.94 litres (116.35gallons) which equates to an average of 40.99MPG. I believe the 10% increase in tank distance from 400 to 440 miles is a combination of using this 99 octane fuel and the remap as the car is now so fast even in 4th gear from 30mph you can change up earlier than in the standard car. Expecting consumption to decrease after the stage 2 remap in 13 days time plus the track day laps at Snetterton next month. The cars trip computer is showing 41.3MPG average LONG TERM for the last 3,000 odd miles, so fairly accurate.:biggrin:

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake

On 04/10/2018 at 12:14, richardwheat200 said:

No no note left of course. 

I’m soooooooo p______d off. 

Looks a bit like tyre damage.  Any delivery at work that day by a wagon

If I remember correctly, have others had the annoying rattle from the centre speaker start to happen? I just ticked over to 4K miles and it’s started, mainly with the cooler mornings. I guess it will be a call to the dealer when it’s really noticeable. Anyone had it sorted etc? 

Yeah, mine seems to be tied into throttle response, so I am guessing it sound actuator related? I think I have seen other posts around that. Ah well, will wait until it's consistently cold weather and see if that makes it happen all of the time - I can get it booked in then. Otherwise, am still loving it and started just leaving it in full sport mode (oh and i got the mud flaps fitted without any issues!).

18 hours ago, JimmyUK said:

MK3 Fuel flap says 95 octane but MK2 was 97. What are you all running with?

My mark 2 FL said 95RON. IIRC there was some debate about the difference between Super (in European terms 95) and UK Super Unleaded with regards to what was written on the Mk2 fuel flap.

In the old car I ended up running 95 as I honestly couldn't discern any significant difference in day to day motoring, I've carried on with this in the Mk3.

Edited by juan27
  • Thanks 1

Can I ask other DSG  owners.

I noticed a difference in  the modes when you floor it from stand still.

Drive - floor it - silky smooth all gears

Sport - floor it Silky smooth all gears

Manual - floor it - 1st gear change into 2nd and it feels like snaps into gear with a wheel hop.  This is not always just occasionally but you do feel it.. All other changes are fine.

Anybody else felt anything similar?  or is that just a characteristic of the box.. 

11 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

FFS 83 Greenleaf WTF

I don't get that with the wife in the car

Certainly, don't with just the kid, she's more of a petrolhead than I am "Make it go whoosh Dad"

Seems almost impossible to hit 100%. Plus 2 hours of that was SWMBO on her horrid commute. 26 miles which takes 1 hour which lowers my average speed and she rarely tops 33mpg each way. My Long Term was as high as 42.8mpg but she has reduced that to 41.3mpg currently but it will reset itself soon in about 6 hours driving.B)

1 hour ago, pkoconnor said:

Can I ask other DSG  owners.

I noticed a difference in  the modes when you floor it from stand still.

Drive - floor it - silky smooth all gears

Sport - floor it Silky smooth all gears

Manual - floor it - 1st gear change into 2nd and it feels like snaps into gear with a wheel hop.  This is not always just occasionally but you do feel it.. All other changes are fine.

Anybody else felt anything similar?  or is that just a characteristic of the box.. 

Hmmmm, it's gonna depend on the rev count at the point of gear change, if you look at a dyno chart of a factory standard 245, you'll be able to see were the max torque is.

I'd hazzard a guess you get the snap at a certain rev range which relates to the torque available at those revs as 2nd engages. To complicate the matter 1st & 2nd gear have torque limiting therefore, if its only 2nd that's a bit snappy that's probably the torque limiting getting it wrong.

I used to find the DSG sliding the gear changes especially when WOT, I've corrected that now with a DSG remap from DTUK & it's much faster, harder & smoother than the standard setup

• Thanks 1