What have you done to your Superb III today?

@nebrog23 The more I hear from Bridgestone, the less I want to buy some... All feedbacks I've read tell they are really noisy... Same experience with Dueller HP on our 2nd car... Same experience on my father's Octy Mk3 (Bridgestone Turanza)

I did the same thing yesterday. Glad to see I’m not the only one where the bolts in the wheel hub look like they’ve been driven through salt water.

Edited by kriva

Tested out my towbar bike rack, finally using the superb floor what it was really bought for. 

49117190762_dd5c96572f_b.jpg

It makes an already long car even longer, and due to my bike being very long and a size XXL, it still extends beyond the car each side! 

Only got a few mpg less than without it fitted, so happy with that. 

I have noticed recently that the air con has a decent impact on economy - sitting at a constant 73mpg on the instant mpg, turning on the air con would see it drop to 68! It's a shame the superb doesn't control the air con automatically like my 2006 Subaru did - left on auto it would turn on and off the air con depending on the temperature etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, Steviedakota said:

Jeffsy Pro Race, nice.  Cant wait to get back on my Capra, waiting on a busted kneecap to heal!

Yeah, awesome bike - I've not had it long, upgraded some bits too, added some Hope and Sram eagle, and a oneup bar and stem. 

48837381163_a6ba087070_b.jpg

The weather the last few months has been dire though, wish it would stop raining! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TallPaul_S said:

Yeah, awesome bike - I've not had it long, upgraded some bits too, added some Hope and Sram eagle, and a oneup bar and stem. 

48837381163_a6ba087070_b.jpg

The weather the last few months has been dire though, wish it would stop raining! 

Some weapon, noticed the Hope bling alright, 36's on a trail bike, the MTB world has gone mad!  I'll hold onto mine for another 5 years, then get a eBike. :-)

14 hours ago, shootek said:

Put my winter tyres on  (Goodyear UltraGrip Performance + ) and checked the front brake discs...

Looking decent after 54k km

IMG_20191123_080344.jpg

Don't worry about brake pads wear! I sold my former Superb Mk2 Estate @ 117000km, still with its first brake pads since delivery. They were still 5-6mm thick.

I give it to you: I may have a strange driving habits. "If you brake, you're a coward!" 😄

• Like 1

Af'noon, Chaps.

Now, even though I've had my new car for 4 months, today was the first time I'd driven it in `ECO` mode.

Very impressed really.

Acceleration was a little down but fine for my style of driving.

What really intrigued me was how often I had the little `eco` mark on the screen and also how long I was in `2 cylinder mode`.

One thing I wasn't too sure about though was `coasting`. I have read here somewhere that when in `ECO` mode the car would `coast` when the accelerator was released. I couldn't really tell if that was happening and I cant find any mention of `coasting` in the manual.

Does anyone know anything for sure about this?

Many thanks.

Thought I'd spray my roofbox to match. I know it's sad but I like it 😎

Meteor Grey Roofbox 1.jpg

Meteor Grey Roofbox 2.jpg

Edited by Spyderjon
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, mandp said:

Af'noon, Chaps.

Now, even though I've had my new car for 4 months, today was the first time I'd driven it in `ECO` mode.

Very impressed really.

Acceleration was a little down but fine for my style of driving.

What really intrigued me was how often I had the little `eco` mark on the screen and also how long I was in `2 cylinder mode`.

One thing I wasn't too sure about though was `coasting`. I have read here somewhere that when in `ECO` mode the car would `coast` when the accelerator was released. I couldn't really tell if that was happening and I cant find any mention of `coasting` in the manual.

Does anyone know anything for sure about this?

Many thanks.

If it displays "eco" on the display (and I'm assuming here that you have the DSG gearbox), then it _is_ definitely coasting. You will notice it, as the rev counter will drop to idle about 2 seconds after you take your foot off the gas, and the needle will jump up again whenever you brake or accelerate as the gear is re-engaged. There's a noticeable lag in the gear re-engaging once you hit the brake or the gas. If you have the manual gearbox, then coasting isn't possible unless you manually shift to neutral, which I wouldn't generally recommend.

2 minutes ago, plantpowered said:

If it displays "eco" on the display (and I'm assuming here that you have the DSG gearbox), then it _is_ definitely coasting. You will notice it, as the rev counter will drop to idle about 2 seconds after you take your foot off the gas, and the needle will jump up again whenever you brake or accelerate as the gear is re-engaged. There's a noticeable lag in the gear re-engaging once you hit the brake or the gas. If you have the manual gearbox, then coasting isn't possible unless you manually shift to neutral, which I wouldn't generally recommend.

Thank you so much.

I'll keep an eye out for the `needle drop`.

I've set my individual mode to eco, and so use it all the time, on an auto it'll show "E" in the top right and the eco symbol on the bottom right. 

My commute to work involves 5 or so miles uphill then the same back down, traffic allowing I can do 3-4 miles without touching the accelerator. 

Even on the flat or a slight decline the car will barely lose any speed, which makes it much better for economy than engine braking. 

You can also do the F1 fuel saving strategy off 'lift and coast' 😁

As above it's easy to tell if its coasting as the rpm will drop to 900 on a 150tdi.

There's no coasting with ACC activated though. 

On 25/11/2019 at 08:44, shootek said:

Put my winter tyres on  (Goodyear UltraGrip Performance + ) and checked the front brake discs...

Looking decent after 54k km

...Just passed my Superb II Elegance Estate on yesterday complete wth 144601 miles completed.  The brakes were all replaced only once, all four wheels together, at 102666 miles. Wonder if my new Superb IV will be as good....

Edited by cmp1951
Speeling mistkae

Took it off the battery charger. A short commute (and only two days a week), freezing mornings, traffic lights and all the heated toys popped up a 12v warning when I hopped in to reset the tyre pressures yesterday. All happy again now.

Also started satnav update and bought the Carista dongle for some minor tweaks.

41 minutes ago, vade04 said:

Nothing yet, but it is on the way to Emden

Mine was at the docks in Emden 1st November.  Took 4 weeks to get from there to Hull via Grimsby and then into my garage!  Lovely piece of kit.

Just used park assist for the first time into a car park bay - scary! I would have done it in one reverse manouvre, but it took one revesre, one forward, then a final reverse.  Still impressed though.

• Like 1

cause i have a chrome addiction, and because i can - changed the seat switch gear to match the centre console switch gear :)

took less than a minute to change.  pop out the old, disconnect wire harness, reconnect, pop new one back in.

if anyone is interested, link here for the part from AliExpress.

211958234_switchgear01.thumb.jpg.e7cea4dd840d392412ca1be15234d126.jpg  2125950693_switchgear02.thumb.jpg.1bf75fc909c765be723409fb011de6a9.jpg

795395266_switchgear03.thumb.jpg.b4c1948096a5975e15e73ff74868de11.jpg        1987566873_centreconsoleswitches.jpg.c4e07ccb5814b878cd18b4a652247d8e.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

link here for the part from AliExpress.

are the buttons illuminated?

p.s.
interesting what additional parts i need to add memory option for passenger seat too

All-seasons back on the 280, just in time for the first forecast of snow, next week. 

These will now now stay on until I’ve (a): worn them from 6>3mm or (b): miss the grip of the PS4’s come next Summer. 

I’m hoping that more manufacturers start to cater for the R19’s soon!