Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

On 17/07/2023 at 15:42, UrgyMcKnispel said:

@Murdoch71 @MikeAPW

Ciao guys, I'll send you the link and you can use it on your own risk of course.

Anybody else still in need? I kinda lost the overview here^^

Can i get link too mate

On 20/07/2023 at 14:36, Jorgeminator said:

PM'ed

Can i get link 1941 please

Successfully updated from 1896 -> 1941. My reboots were not that bad, every two/three weeks (but sometimes 3 times in a day).
After that I updated maps to 2022.12 using skoda update portal. I took couple of hours with the USB-C stick plugged in.

• Like 2

I am driving a week after a factory reset of the infotaintment (mentioning again that 1941 was installed but without any result) there are no reboots but with the condition that I am not using Carplay. I am just testing if this is the problem. The next week I will connect the iphone to the car to see if would become angry again 😂

On 23/07/2023 at 21:30, omadon said:

After that I updated maps to 2022.12 using skoda update portal. I took couple of hours with the USB-C stick plugged in.

I’ve just done that too - the instructions from ŠKODA are suitably vague and there’s no feedback from the car until the version number changes.

The instructions say that the ignition has to be on for it to update - but I went from 19.7 to 22.12 with maybe 10 minutes of ignition time. So I doubt those instructions. At no point did it acknowledge it had new maps to copy from USB or that it had completed. SMH. 

• Like 1

Tnx to the update now everything works…

But today I have used another Octavia with version 1900, and I have see that android and CarPlay are full screen, on my 1941 are about 75% of the screen.

Why this difference?

Tnx

On 25/07/2023 at 15:17, Popovski said:

I am driving a week after a factory reset of the infotaintment (mentioning again that 1941 was installed but without any result) there are no reboots but with the condition that I am not using Carplay. I am just testing if this is the problem. The next week I will connect the iphone to the car to see if would become angry again 😂

More than 3000km using 1941 and Carplay navigation so far, not a single reboot.

• Like 1

Multiple starts without reboots on 1941. 
that sorted out the problem with infotainment prrmanently.

ps, havent done the OTA update that comes immediately after the 1941 upgrade. 
While it pops up on the infotainment, i just press Later over and over. 

5 hours ago, Jugaroo said:

Multiple starts without reboots on 1941. 
that sorted out the problem with infotainment prrmanently.

ps, havent done the OTA update that comes immediately after the 1941 upgrade. 
While it pops up on the infotainment, i just press Later over and over. 

Don't keep deferring updates they're free and there for a reason.

I've had a second one and everything is still fine.

• Like 1

Yesterday I updated my Octavia RS to 1941 software. Update process took 35 min with fast usb3.0 pendrive.

One step given me a heart attack because update video from page 26 with smaller update definitely faster show update parts with progress.

In my case after click "Start update" screen show screen with only "back" button for 5 min and then showed list of packages.

48 minutes ago, Maxi24 said:

Please can someone send a link to 1941 - not too bad (every other day) but may as well have the latest 🙂

Thanks

Check your inbox