Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I can only surmise you've been reading a different thread. Again, this issue has nothing to do with navigation.
  3. It doesn't.....I use TomTom having given up on Skoda's rubbish navigation system and I don't understand why people would continue to try. Just ditch it, buy a TomTom cheapie and get free map updates for life.
  4. Even odder post. Please explain how a TomTom SatNav integrates with the Karoq's ACC?
  5. Yes nothing out of the ordinary in fact very little mikeage which I guess I should have expected to be the case. Don't think any business would be that stupid, and as I said it was crossed wires with my mum making stuff up by not checking the car odo and miss reading something on the work invoice.
  6. Quite like the colour, what is that called ?
  7. Have you now been able to verify the mileage the garage actually ran up the week they had it ?
  8. Today
  9. Connectivity issues are still there. Not always it is the car to blame, and when it is, pulling the fuse helps. But on Skoda's side it is still bad. The rest should be ok if car was taken care of.
  10. I do like that colour. One of my neighbours has it.
  11. Never heard of TomTom Sat Navs? 🙄
  12. As it doesnt change pitch or frequency re speed etc and only when car is moving I cant see it being drive system/engine related. It may be a plastic undershield etc thats slightly loose or perhaps the brake splash guard is too close to disc and is vibrating. Check the heat shields on exhaust as well. Also next time it happens turn AC off in case its related. Alasdair
  13. Wow good for you. I am sure you will be an asset to this community with your insights and enthusiasm (Yes good looker it is !)
  14. forestpony joined the community
  15. These are the 2 codes which are causing the engine light & what you should concentrate on: P06DA00 Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit/Open static P064C00 Glow Plug Control Module static Checking the battery is cheap and simple but usually you have lots of other warnings & messages on the display with a bad battery (ACC, park assist, Tyre monitor, etc not available after starting). Next I'd check the fuses for both modules (or perhaps they have a shared fuse) to make sure it's not just one of them blown. Otherwise I'd suspect something electrical as they are not really related. When you charge the car at home, do you connect the ground off the charger to the charging point behind the battery (not into the terminal of the battery) ? Gabbo
  16. Odd post as this is nothing to do with navigation...
  17. Loon67 joined the community
  18. That's why I still use TomTom.....😄
  19. Nothing much to report by way of a fix. Skoda Connect, who claimed to have the magic fix have now stopped responding to me. I reported the fix had failed the day I received the vehicle back. That was three weeks ago & since then - nothing. Skoda UK have admitted to having no technical knowledge. But they now are very keen for me to book further diagnostics at my expense. They seem to be claiming that despite the fault & fix being diagnosed by Skoda Connect, I now have to pay the dealer for further diags. The matter is further clouded by receiving conflicting emails from four different individuals at Skoda UK, all claiming to be "managers". I get the impression they now want me to cover the cost of the failed fix! I've asked for the matter to be escalated, but it's all leaving a very sour taste. However this pans out, I won't be buying anything else from VAG.
  20. martinrago joined the community
  21. I can't remember how it appeared in Eco mode. I think it was an icon. But as others have said, it will appear if the centre section of the virtual cockpit is set to display fuel consumption. It literally says "2 cylinder mode" in text.
  22. As far as I am aware there's no change schedule for it, most people who have done work on one day it's actually a long life belt compared to Ford or PSA
  23. I do not know what software it is on, but thats the first thing i am checking. I've lurked around the forum and seen that it is possible to update it yourself, but i hope i wont have to, pretty scared of ruining something. My plans are soon after getting it, going to an authorized skoda service and doing a overall check. Really hope everything will be okay, since i absolutely love how the car looks.
  24. Welcome to the forum. What was the mileage when you bought the 22 Karoq ?
  25. Warrior193 started following Clutch Failure
  26. Hi, im in Lithuania, but the car is from Czechia. As far as i know it was a leased car for a bank as a company car. It has 80k km. Before buying it had DEKRA check, but no specific information regarding DSG or VAQ servicing. It does have a NHCAR sticker on the back and on the number plate frame and NHCAR as i've checked is an authorized skoda dealer and service provider in Prague so my hopes are that this car was serviced properly. Nothing more specific about servicing apart that it has electronic service history.
  27. Yes it's not low millage car. I am aware of that but then I bought it because of good service history. There are things that are not in e service book like original VW shocks that are replaced in 2023. Bdw I have managed to change ( by my self ) Front Air distribution flap servo motor without removing everything around steering wheel. Bit extender and endoscope camera taped on it 😉 If someone have an advice.. Are there some things that I can check with vcds and plan to replace on DSG gearbox ? Clutch wear or something like that. Fluid is changed every 60kkm ( I am planning to change it early maybe )
  28. I think i just need to remove gloebox and side trim and will give me a good look at the matrix pipes etc, possibly get valeo or denso with part number maybe
  29. He failed. Was he watching Robocop when he designed it? 6000 SUX
  30. Agree with Warrior. At this point it doesn’t seem clear whether you’ve spun a shell and are about to explode a big end and kill your crank, or if you have a failing lesser component, or maybe a blocked oil pick up. Certainly damage has been done, but if your bottom end is sound, I’d say all is not yet lost - unless you know otherwise. If I were a car dismantler, I’d also think £1400 was a good risk, possibly a good flip if it’s a non major repair. Gaz PS: Just having a nose around, and it looks like you can pick up a warranted second hand complete EA888 for between £1,500 and £2,000.
  31. As that is probably not the original battery, it is possible that it was not correctly adapted (coded) when it was fitted (possibly 2022?) It's quite possible that it is failing - failing battery can cause multiple issues even though it still appears to start the engine normally. I'd strongly suggest having the battery properly tested first.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.