Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. We arrived at precisely the right moment! For around 5 minutes the sky was absolutely spectacular although within a couple of minutes it was like someone had turned out the light.................
  3. Thanks, it worked! Got it activated. It is showing only Android Auto and MirrorLink, not the iPhone variant. I think my USB port isnt compatible with it.
  4. Scratch joined the community
  5. The easiest way is to measure them
  6. I'm looking at getting a superb mk2 so I'm just doing some research on installing an android auto unit. At the moment I have a 2008 BMW E61 530d and I have an MMI box which piggy backs of the original screen and uses the cars fibreoptic auto cable so there is no audio quality loss and I just need to press a button to switch between the MMI box and the original infotainment. Are there any similar options like this for the superb mk2? Or are any of the double din replacements actually worth while, do they keep the audio quality and also keep any of the original infotainment information? I've read about the MIB STD2 unit. Is that just a unit from slight later skoda models that comes with android auto?
  7. Dolomite__ joined the community
  8. So I’ve got a 2014 tdi vrs with 106k miles , white with black pack and canton sound. , I do about 7k miles per year, vast majority are motorway miles. Ive owned it 7 years and serviced myself every year. I changed the glow plugs at 102k Clutch peddle sometimes goes spongy and only returns to half way point (once every couple of weeks) , I assume it’s slave cyclinder next to clutch? I have never changed the fluid and the level hasn’t gone down? It’s still on original clutch. I am now also having to top up the coolant , likely about 1lr per year, again I assume it may be egr cooler leaking as no signs of contamination on oil filler cap, any other quick checks I could perform? The water pump / timing belt was done at about 50k before I bought the car, is it due a new one. Just wondering potential costs for new clutch / slave cyclinder? New water pump / timing belt? I love the car, just wondering if it’s now time bite the bullet and get a newer car , possibly cupra Leon estate 150bhp , just wondering if it will compare?
  9. almil started following General queries
  10. henriv joined the community
  11. Hybrid_Mouldy joined the community
  12. Today
  13. 0.5mm2. BR is the universal wire colour for earth. The 11 in the box is to fuse 17 in the E Box. Which would be the engine compartment fuse box. The other end of the fuse is connected to the car battery, so is a permanent live.
  14. I have acces to dealer ODIS, CRACK ODIS, VCDS and VCP. witch means I should have both of the VAS
  15. Do you have a VAS6154a or b?
  16. Replacment due 10color ambient lighting and after replacment reverse Light doesnt work. PLA and camera work only via Car moving backwards(esp signal). Heated front window lights up but after second turn itself off. Midleconsole buttoms (autohold and doorlock) doesnt illuminate orange
  17. Welcome. I would not be so sure a Motability car has not been ragged. It might be one Registered Keeper and any amount of drivers and the disabled person maybe never in the car. My Motability cars were Never Raced or Rallied, well not much. As to Servicing was it just Oil & Filter changes at Flexable / Variable Servicing. Motability do not want them serviced on Fixed Servicing. Unusual that Motability would agree to a DQ381 DSG service before the 80,000 miles. Was the brake fluid changed at 2 years or 3 years? Where the Spark Plugs changed at 40,000 miles, then at 65,000 miles? You need to be sure that the Motability car was leased the full 3 years and not returned early so not Motability having the service cand MOT done before the car went to BCA.
  18. What problems are you having? Why the replacement? Error log readout?
  19. Hello, I was retrofiting BCM with SW175 to SW0236 on 2016 superb estate. New BCM 5Q0907084CG was codet with dataset from another superb and filter to my Car where I was able to do CP. But because the dataset from another car was not similar I have same issuers. I’m looking for prcoding via Vctool or pr coder dataset via VCP but I’m not able to find something witch would work. Thank you fór your advices.
  20. Emil1 started following Retrofit BCM Problems
  21. Aye not a cheap fix or something I could do myself so it's putting me off a dsg
  22. I fear corrosion will get mine eventually, had a steel coolant hose rust through and subframes starting to get scabby
  23. Thank you all for your input. They're not in stock yet, but I managed to pre-order a set of the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 tyres from Costco in Aberdeen. They kindly let me have them at their discounted sale price, even though the sale will have ended long before the tyres arrive. At under £700 for the full set and fitting, I couldn't refuse. I'll try to remember to add a review here in the new year after the tyres have had a good work out ☃️
  24. So I’ve got a 2014 tdi vrs with 106k miles , white with black pack and canton sound. , I do about 7k miles per year, vast majority are motorway miles. Ive owned it 7 years and serviced myself every year. I changed the glow plugs at 102k Clutch peddle sometimes goes spongy and only returns to half way point (once every couple of weeks) , I assume it’s slave cyclinder next to clutch? I have never changed the fluid and the level hasn’t gone down? It’s still on original clutch. I am now also having to top up the coolant , likely about 1lr per year, again I assume it may be egr cooler leaking as no signs of contamination on oil filler cap, any other quick checks I could perform? The water pump / timing belt was done at about 50k before I bought the car, is it due a new one. Just wondering potential costs for new clutch / slave cyclinder? New water pump / timing belt? I love the car, just wondering if it’s now time bite the bullet and get a newer car , possibly cupra Leon estate 150bhp , just wondering if it will compare?
  25. almil started following General ramble
  26. Hey folks, newbie here. Currently own a 2018 Golf GTE. About due to swap the car out for something else, and I've always wanted an Octavia vRS. My goodness the second hand market has gone nuts! I would normally get a car thats about 3 years old but can't afford that now! So, been looking around, got a Skoda dealer about 20 minutes away.. They had on their site, a red 2019 with about 42000 miles on it at around the top end of my budget but it had some optional extras that I wanted like heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated front screen and the upgraded Columbus Nav and Canton speakers. Now, the main one I wanted was the heated seats, the others would be nice but not a deal breaker and I'l be using Android Auto anyway and audio books on my commute so the uprated MMI isn't essential. Anywhoo, went down to the Main Stealers today and... It had sold! Went on the website then sold the same day. But on the lot was one in the beautiful blue.. 2019, higher mileage but about 7,000 miles less than my 2018 GTE at 82000 miles. It was so new to them, the salesman didn't even know it was there! However, he was able to get the records for me to show it has a full Skoda service history, had the DSG oil cchange at 50,000 miles, new spark plugs at about 65000. So, I have enough of a problem with impulse control so fortunately, the universe put the brakes on to slow me down.. He's going to get a price for it tomorrow (Monday) and a price for part ex my golf. I've done a car report checking it for outstanding finance, taxi use, stolen etc etc and its all clear as it seems. It also seems that it was used as a mobility vehicle before so between that and the FSH, I guess it hasn't been ragged and has been well taken care off. So tomorrow, if they come to me with a decent price for it and an acceptable price for my GTE, then I could be getting a new to me vRS as soon as tomorrow 👍 I will miss the fuel economy from the GTE (easily 60mpg on my 60 commute to and from work) and the virtual cockpit but other than that, tech wise I think it'll be very similar.
  27. Weird isn't it.
  28. Hi Skoda buddy Tried to p/x my intelligent vehicle for a Mk3 due to complexity issues but the main dealer salesman only sold 5 years and younger. The old ones are the best Make that models “Simply (too) clever (by half)”
  29. My MY26 VRS had the 84kWh battery, now my new MY27 VRS has the 82kWh which is the opposite
  30. Most likely Columbus mib2 You can download maps from the Skoda website by entering your vin. https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ Install instructions here: https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/Download/columbus_MIB_2.pdf You can also manually update the software on your main unit with this guide: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/514645-how-to-guide-for-mib-firmware-update/
  31. They have had 100,s of thosands of sales of DQ381.s. Thousands and thousands of MCU failures world wide within Warranty or out of warranty. What a shame that they choose to ignore that and it is left to other companies to refurbish MCU,s or improve them. It is a lottery sadly, even if the failures are 5% of those manufactured. Tough if you get one of the 5%.
  32. Hi What size are the octavia vrs brake discs? Im under the impression the front are 340mm x 30mm and rear 272mm x 10mm? Is this correct? And for those who have theirs changed have you sticked to genuine or aftermarket parts? Regarss

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.