All Activity
- Past hour
-
Oil catch can
Welcome to the forum. Try contacting a specialist tuner near you - or contacting a member of a local Car Club. I'm sure either of these could offer good suggestions for sources.
-
Warrior193 started following Oil catch can
-
When will Epiq be in showrooms.
Does anyone know when the Epiq will be coming into showrooms? I believe that lhd ones should be doing a tour of dealers in the next month or so.
-
DaveLees started following When will Epiq be in showrooms.
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
I'd strongly recommend getting the battery fully charged and properly tested before replacing it - and test the alternator output.
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Mine does it too and according to my main stealer it’s because the car isn’t used enough to keep the battery fully charged. Bear in mind these days that even if the car isn’t used just sat there it will have something somewhere using a bit of power. I just give mine a 20 to 30 min run every couple of weeks
-
tich1958 started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
What type of use does this car get - is it mainly used for short runs? There isn't normally a lot of headspace between the battery SOC level that the smart charge alternator maintains and the SS cut-off level, plus SS won't be available if one, of at least 6-8, operation parameters are not met.
-
Warrior193 started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Charging the battery: if this helps only temporarily, replace the battery regardless of age or mileage.
-
Cairus started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
This old chestnut seems to have been a re-occurring theme on BRISKODA forums, with various Skoda models affected although I couldn't see any reports from Mk4 Octavia owners; hence this new topic. I've had my vehicle just over a month now, so it's 10 months old with 6200 on the clock. For the first few days the auto start-stop (ASS) worked as expected, but now, for some reason it never activates. Having read other users reports, it would seem a battery issue may be the likely cause. I've tried driving without any extra drain on the battery i.e. heated steering wheel, air con. etc. but to no avail. I didn't purchase the car from a Skoda dealer, so I'm assuming that all the pre-sale checks carried out by the seller (Cinch) may have included a battery charge as standard.. Have any Mk4 owners experienced this issue and if so was there a successful resolution? Any input would be most welcome before I make a visit to my local Skoda garage. Many thanks in anticipation.
-
Gowna started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
- Today
-
Bluetooth MP3 compatibity
Just to close this thread, I just decides to use the free version spotify on my phone. But thanks for the imput to my query.
-
All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?
Yes, that would be reasonable, but do they actually do it? Even if they do, if they charge it at the actual cost to VWFS that's going to be way less than the dealers retail price so it would still be a good deal. But unless someone has been through this, it's unknown - hence my question.
-
All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?
Well, no you don't. I cancelled the one on our Karoq after 5mths so as to get the cheaper rate in Black Friday offer. I hadn't used any of the elements of the plan. Not only did I not have to pay any extra, after reading of someone who got a refund, I pushed and with much grumpiness they refunded me the 5mths I'd paid as goodwill. Only issue I had is they didn't link the two plans together so it looked like there'd been a 5 mths gap in warranty cover. This meant that the plan showed a 30 day waiting period for the warranty to start. They confirmed to me in email that this was wrong and they would waive it.
-
the truth about electric cars
@lol-lol 1.4tsi 4x4 manual 5 seat. It's a good combination with none of the DSG or adblue worries and, being 5 seat takes my daughter's wheelchair in the boot with no dismantling of it, or seat folding necessary.
-
Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
So, had the battery on slow charge for 18-19 hours, Disconnected and fired the car up all warning lights cleared, I have to go out latr, about a 25 mile trip so that should give me an idea if it was just battery base, also a chum is coming round later this morning torun a vcds trial. Will keep you all updated!
-
Park Assist when stationary
Well, after another fiddle yesterday evening, I have resolved but admittedly this is a bit of user error 🫢 I had convinced myself I'd turned off and tested the 'automatic activation' but lo and behold that was the culprit. Thanks for the responses.
-
Brighter Interior Lights
Thanks thats a good shout, I didn't know that they came with OEM ones, thanks all @ile7 @Binx1310 @JR RS
-
Exhaust Backbox
I have the RPM Res Delete pipe already fitting, this is for more of a burble at idle along with looking better. Happy to change the rear valance, looking at OE, Maxton or Reiger currently hence why asking about the rear boxes as would like to have those tips, I have looked at multiple different types but thought this might be a good option for appearance and slight noise increase. Supersprint is lovely but very pricey, had a cat back system on my E34 M5, so just seeing about other options.
-
New Battery or Something Else?
TBH something like the basic OBD Eleven or similar will pay for itself over time if you want to save some money doing your own servicing or mtce.
-
adg1 started following New Battery or Something Else?
-
-
Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
Originally yes, but they have a proof of concept working on Skoda. Anyone here interested in having it I wonder?
-
Oil catch can
Hi, anyone in Aus fitted a Catch can to their fabia 2 vrs with parts from Aus? UK parts/ postage is ridiculous.
-
pomm started following Oil catch can
-
2017/17 Skoda Yeti SE-L Drive Outdoor 4x4 DSG 2.0Tdi 150bhp for sale
Forgot to say located near Belper in Derbyshire. Also have both keys.
-
Need help to identify Correct steering rack part number
The 3q2...051h part number is probably just for the rack, minus the track rods and ends. The 5q2...055L probably includes all the bits. You may not be able to buy 'just the rack' as a new part from Skoda, so have been given the part number of what you can buy. Have you seen the 3q2 part number on a physical label on the rack?
-
Ticking noise
Hi. i have a skoda superb with a 2,0 tdi commen rail system. When i first start it up in the morning, and rev the engine to about 2000 rpm is ticking until it gets warm. could it be injektors? thanks Skoda superb.html
-
Software upgrade
Simple SD Card, nur for junp Firmware train you have to Patch
-
Software upgrade
Ah yes. Good spot. I think the process is the same but need to make sure you get the right update package. If you put your existing software train into MiB helper it will tell you the latest version. If there is more than one version between your existing and current one you may have to upgrade in stages https://mib-helper.com
-
Exhaust Backbox
yes, u can fit the mufflers off a 280 on to ur 220, but u'll need to either cut out ur rear diffuser so the exhaust tip can stick out, or u need to change the rear diffuser to the 280 version. the centre exhaust pipe and rear pipes leading to the mufflers r different between the 280 and 220. the 280 having the AWD haldex routes different under the back half the car compared to the 220 without a haldex. the mufflers on the 220 point downwards. the mufflers on the 280 r straight out. BUT.....more importantly - u gain NOTHING by fitting the mufflers from a 280 on to a 220. ur better off getting sports mufflers, or resonator delete pipe and/or downpipe.
-
Brighter Interior Lights
mine originally came with LED lights for the interior. only the boot had halogen versions, which i replaced with LED ones from Kopacek. perhaps u can look at Kopacek for interior "OEM" versions?