All Activity
- Past hour
-
Wheel refurb colour change
Metal grey, matte, match with the mirrors (golf r doing that with the blue, looks cool)
-
-
My 2021 RS in final form
Going for the matte black instead of the red. Looks mean! Stage 2, +300ps, +500nm, now on Michelin PS5, 245/35/19. Next on the list: Sachs performance clutch, upgraded turbo (Garret G2260) and Bilsteins B8
-
Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp
Dont think they have ever been out. Car is pretty good re rust as it I think came from way down south and has 75k on clock. Will give everything a good soak in fluid for a few days before hand. Have been having great success with 50/50 ATF/Diesel mix. Had a couple of litres of ATF that was fairly old so decided to mix with diesel and use in a pump up spray. Seems to creep into threads very well and doesnt dry out so quick like wd40 etc. Alasdair
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Many thanks - will follow up. Its been like looking for a needle in a haystack!!
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
These any good: 6Q2612041CD – 6Q2612041CD - SKODA | WW Spares VAG 6Q2612041CD - Druckrohr Brake hose/pipe OE VAG 6Q2612041CD — Twinauto online store
-
Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp
The ones that go through subframe, front bush of wishbone and then into long alloy thread of the console. The thread goes all the way through the console, so you can get to the open end and spray penetrating fluid in there. Trouble comes generally if bolts have been reused previously, and their anti-corrosion coating damaged. Then it can be a 'cluster-hug' of corrosion and thread galling. If it really jams up well it's replacement console too.
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
I expect my 1.0 DSG does the same, but I tend to pre=empt things to a certain extent by going into Sport ,when I think I need some instant power, otherwise there's a little hesitation before the engine/DSG combo sorts itself out. I didn't feel the need to use Sport on my previous 1.2 DSG Yeti, but no hardship with the Karoq.
-
NooxygeeN started following CarPlay crackling issue, software update fix?
-
NooxygeeN joined the community
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Many thanks for that reassurance. Have been driving it regularly and as you say just need to press the brake pedal a bit harder. I recently tried a few online vehicle breakers with a request for the part but am awaiting replies. Not sure if items bought this way are risky or expensive but will see what response if any I get.
-
Octavia 2021 1.4 TSI iV electric A/C unit switch
A PHEV is never running out of battery completely... When your battery state of charge reaches 0% on the dashboard there's actually a battery capacity (not accessible by the user) that still has some charge left such that your car is still able to drive like a simple HEV - using electric or combustion-engine propulsion in a way that is fully decided by the hybrid system. That battery capacity is sufficient to run the AC as the user/driver demands. When it gets too low, the ICE kicks in and generates some more electricity...
- Today
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
That's exactly what you would expect , the DSG is monitoring engine load (rpm & throttle position) and adjusting the gear change points accordingly so that the engine doesn't 'labour' and holds lower gears when load is higher!. Its no different on a 1.5 TSI with a dry clutch, gear change points are still dynamically adjusted.
-
1.6 TDi Greenline glow plug replacement
I had always been told that you shouldnt use a torque wrench to undo things. They are calibrated for tightening and applying force in the opposite direction can mess up the calibrations. Also the breaking force required to undo something, especially in a heat cycle location, usually far outweighs the torque setting when tightening up. Using a T bar allows you to have a solid connection through to the glow plug and you will be able to judge how much force you are applying just fine! The annoying thing with glow plugs is they move or they dont, its quite a sudden release when they do, and until you carry on undoing it theres no way to know whether its snapped or undone! Wishing you luck!
-
Octavia 2021 1.4 TSI iV electric A/C unit switch
Thank you soo much for your reply. I thought there was some setting that could be adjusted. I didn't thought that the a/c will be fully electric. But what about when you run out of battery and outside temperature are high like this summer, the a/c compressor will stop working?
-
Front consul bush which way do they fit Mk1 1.2htp
Meant to ask what bolts you mean by front ones. Alasdair
-
1.8T Fabia (Trevor’s old car)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/227518741122 Currently have it listed on eBay but I’m getting messed about (surprise, surprise) so once it ends it will be for sale only to Briskoda members. If you’re interested drop me a message. Cheers, Ryan.
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Thanks - I thought that might be the situation.
-
Which winter wheels?
I tend to read the reviews on here before buying tyres. Not bought winter tyres yet but it helped when my daughter wanted all seasons. https://www.tyrereviews.com/
-
Octavia 2021 1.4 TSI iV electric A/C unit switch
I've never heard of such a modification - it should be next-to-impossible because there's other functions that electric compressor is used for - other than climate. E.g. the hybrid system uses it to manage the HV-system temperature. So there would be lots of special coding to be done on various units that were not already done from the factory. The main reason for this platform to use an electric compressor is that the PHEV concept is also intended to be used exclusively electric over short distances; this purpose would be unachievable if the compressor would be driven by the ICE. The AC compressor is only used to cool the car or dry the air/interior, it's never used to heat the car. For that purpose the VAG PHEV platform uses a PTC heating element - which is obviously draining the HV battery. That's of course valid until the cooling liquid of the thermal engine heats up - and then it takes over the heating function. I'm not sure, but I think the rear window and the seat heating most likely use the 12V battery of the car as is the case on non-hybrid variants. I'm constantly using the App to cool or heat the cabin when exterior temperatures are too high or too low. I'm also using it to control (start/stop) the charging process in some cases.
-
SkOmk4 started following Octavia 2021 1.4 TSI iV electric A/C unit switch
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
For the 2.0TDI it was 210,000km (130,000 miles) or 5 years, I believe it is now 210,000km (130,000 miles). I had my first one done at 141,000km that was done by the dealer when I bought the car, he was more used to dealing with early MKiii which did have a bad water pump in the 2013-2015 models. I got the last one done at 242,000km.
-
Cambelt / Timing Belt Quotes
That's good going! I think the interval for my engine code is 210,000km - no longer a time limit but I understand not everyone feels this is appropriate. Ultimately it seems to be down to individual risk tolerance as no guarantees either way.
-
Matt's 2017 FL Scout
I did it over a week, probably a couple of hours a day
-
Octavia 2021 1.4 TSI iV electric A/C unit switch
Good afternoon Gent's. I'm a owner of Skoda Octavia 1.4 TSI iV for the last year. Didn't had much time to around it, but I have noticed something strange should I call it. There is any why to change the air-conditioning to use the traditional petrol engine instead of high voltage battery? The battery level goes down dramatically when used for demisting front and back windscreen and heating seats. If there is any way let me know please? And also do you recommend using the app for remote control aircon unit? And another features? Thank you in advance and stay safe
-
agarici20 started following Octavia 2021 1.4 TSI iV electric A/C unit switch
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Then I think you should just drive it. It's not true that without vacuum assistance the brakes don't work. You just have to push much harder on the pedal.
-
Kamiq Vs Karoq
Has anybody gone from a Kamiq to a Karoq or visa/versa. How does the ride and drive quality compare. Was it the right or wrong decision in your mind. Reason I'm interested is after 7 trouble free years with a 12tsi Yeti and moving to the 15tsi Karoq I'm not as over the moon as I should be with my decision, however I must say the ride quality is defiantly better!!
-
royread started following Kamiq Vs Karoq
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Comparing Oranges & lemons with a 1.5 TSI ACT or a 1.0 TSI with a DSG from different model years then 2.0 TSI or TDI,s with DQ381,s from different model years.
-
Evolution13 started following Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
No point comparing 1.0 TSI or 1.5 TSI ACT,s with a DQ200 DSG from different model years and 2.0 TSI,s or TDI,s with DQ381,s from differebt model years. Changes happened several times to what ever drive trains and DSG.