All Activity
- Past hour
-
Changing Cars
Rejection has been accepted and all funds to be returned on Monday. Sourced a L&K Superb with only 14000 on the clock
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Rather than raise this here speak with the garage and ask why there is such a difference?
-
sussamb started following Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
-
Can anyone help identify these hoses/parts
Thanks for the heads up Bap33! It’s a Kodiaq 1.5 petrol from 2020 ☺️
- Today
-
-
square12464 joined the community
-
So good
Coming up to 13 years of ownership from new. The 1.2 tsi Roomie apart from servicing and replacing consumables has only needed an offside headlamp and registration plate bulb. I have had no dash warning lights or any other gremlins. The paint is still in showroom shine and interior showing no signs of wear. I am so reluctant to change it..
-
Changing Cars
Sorry to hear about this ... least you are lucky could reject/return the "new" car. Amazing really .... can they replace it with another unit?
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
All set up and should be received by the end of next week.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Bugger.....sorry to hear that. Hopefully the replacement head unit arrives soon and u can b back on the road again.
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Last post should have read 6885 and 6937 miles and car returned with 8742 miles on it. So like I said at the very least 1500 excessive miles on the car. It would not have have been on more then maybe 7k miles when it was collected.
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Ye the AA reoport states she mileage before hand and my own diagnostixs I did before it went in also shows the mileage as well. 8885 on AA report and 8937 on my top Don (11099km) both between the 19th of Sept and 25th Sept before Skoda collected the car. Their previous Superb they were doing a max of 3-4k miles a year as evidenced by the mot history milage. And yes I totally agree it's totally unnaceptable and bot justifiable for road testing purposes. So they have put half my parents yearly mileage on the car in one week which also makes me think they have been potentially lying about what was happening with the car for the whole week. The whole experience with the dealer fobinng me off and not keeping them updated has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I've literally had to chase them daily to get any answers our of the dealer and really give them both barrels down the phone as I live 60 miles away. We are talking about a 88 and 75 year old here, left for a week without a car as mum can't drive at the moment and step dad could not be insured on a hire car, never offered a car from Skoda until I kicked off with them but would have had to sort temp insurance themselves if they could source a car from within the dealer network. I am absolutely livid and so is my brother, my parents are annoyed but kind of happy to finally have the car back, but I'm fed up with them getting a bum deal especially after parting with 27k to the bloody dealership for a 3 month old demo. Knowing them they will acceot any rubbish the dealer tells them and not fight it.
-
Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback – power tailgate won't open/close – VCDS diagnosis
Here u go..... adpmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV blockmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV
- Yesterday
-
Emission warning on. 240 mile m'way trip tomorrow?
Update: Emission warning light came again today on 10mile trip & has stayed on. Calling mechanic on Monday.
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
I'd say more than 240 miles a day for testing is totally unacceptable! Do you have any proof of Odo reading before it went in?
-
Warrior193 started following Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
-
ABS Long Code Help
Completely normal behavior.
-
Cairus started following ABS Long Code Help
- CarPlay crackling issue, software update fix?
-
Dennn started following CarPlay crackling issue, software update fix?
- My car's in a bad way
-
Cleaning Veritate wheels
@Coral-C you're right, this thread is almost comical 😅 I am thinking of submitting a patent application for my 45deg toothbrushes. The only thing holding me back is deciding what unique characteristics will support my intellectual property rights! I'm unsure if 45deg is the right angle but the jug of very hot water can be redeployed to increase the angle further if needed, and I have four other toothbrushes available because Tesco were offering a deal - maybe they have seen a surge in demand from Skoda owners? @rum4mo makes a good point. The shaft could, over time, impact on the rim even though it is made of plastic. Caution pays, as per the lyrics of Wham (George Michael & Andrew Ridgely). One last thought: I am glad our driveway is surrounded by a beech hedge because I honestly will feel a complete idiot holding a toothbrush while cleaning my Superb’s rims 🫣. It could be worse: it's not a Jaguar Type 01. Have a nice weekend.
-
Dennn joined the community
- My car's in a bad way
-
Warrior193 started following My car's in a bad way
-
Can anyone help identify these hoses/parts
Hi, To get a quick answer, please tell us which engine and MY your have. It may help... 😉
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
1 week later. No update for a whoooole week. Problem seems to be fixed, now!
- EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
-
thinkblueskies started following My car's in a bad way
-
My car's in a bad way
Hi folks. Briskoda has helped me out loads over the years. I'm now in a pickle, and I don't know what's for the best. Today I found out my 63 plate vRS estate will need a new engine. I've looked after it and had it looked at when it's needed it. I've tried to look after it. It's not done 80,000 miles yet. Not going to lie; it's gutting. It has a few stone chips and scabby alloys but Ive generally thought if I looked after the car, it'd look after me. It starts and runs but there's metal in the oil... and a mechanic I trust has told me a good refurb engine will take about £8k fitted with all the ancillary bits fiddled and fixed or £11k for a new unit from the factory. Clearly that's not worth it. So anyway, it seems a shame to scrap and I imagine We Buy Any Car and the like would pay buttons for it. I don't have the time or expertise to part this out myself, barring odd bits of trim. Any ideas how I might make the most of a really bad situation, folks? The engine's screwed but the rest is a straight car. The interior is particularly good. Thanks for any advice the community can offer me.
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
I cannot find this in eco or any other mode on the 2025 Karoq
-
survey started following 2 Cylinder Mode…..
-
matrix7764 joined the community
-
vRS19TD/SE20TD - Fabia vRS SE #532
-
vRS19TD started following vRS19TD/SE20TD - Fabia vRS SE #532
-
vRS19TD’s Octavia SE Technology
It’s been a while… Grille has been changed, Front splitter got broken and replaced, Calipers have been painted vintage copper, Bonnet had started to get drastic lacquer peel and has now been resprayed, Silver bits in centre console have been replaced with carbon effect from a vRS, Still some more plans for this as well
-
ABS Long Code Help
Hi all, My car went into a garage for some work to be done and the garage have accidently deleted the ABS long code. I have it saved on an old scan but when they put it back in and do all the recalibrations, the fault codes for ESC and ACC won’t clear. Is anybody able to offer any help or advice on how to solve those issues please?