Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. I voted carpet - but if I was going to be wearing muddy gumboots a lot, it would be be one for the rubber fetish 😁.
  2. Got a call from workshop this afternoon, car ready to be picked up. I've not seen the report yet, but initial findings are - securing bolt at injector 1 loose and fuel leak from the sealing ring. There has never been any post delivery work done on the inlet manifold or injectors since new. I will report this fault to DVSA.
  3. I'm wondering if the engine has become hydro-locked (cylinder/s filled with fuel or coolant) - I guess the techs will soon find out when they pull the injectors.
  4. That is the pawl that damps the glove compartment as it opens. It fits inside the stay lever on the left side of the glovebox. I suspect it got displaced when the pollen filter was changed - or the fuse board was accessed.
  5. I'd suggest a thorough trawl through the exclusion clauses in the used approved policy for any mention of the supposed bodywork. In your circumstances, it is difficult to see how the supposed bodywork was not known to the dealer.
  6. Hello, welcome to the forum. From your description, the steering did not actually lock - it sounds that what you experienced was loss of power steering assistance. Front assist only operates the brakes and is not connected to the steering. Is your gearbox DSG? Was your engine still running when you lost steering assistance - or had it stalled? When this happened, did you find that you had to press the brake pedal really hard too?
  7. The NHTSA safety recall for North American EA211 fuel rail bolt failures (VW recall code - 24Gi) appears to be for the 1.4TSI. I see that the EA211s for that market have been manufactured in Silau, Mexico since 2021 - can anyone verify where North American EA211 engines for MYs 2016 to 2018 were made?
  8. Can anyone on this thread tell me the TPI number for this issue if there is one? It seems I may be the latest to experience this fault. CZDA 1.4 TSI MY16.
  9. I suggest getting the battery tested first, especially on a proper load. Do you know if DPF regens are being completed fully?
  10. I could only find two recalls relating to fuel systems, neither of which appear to apply to MY16 Octavia. - R/2004/215; dated 17/2/2005 - 'tandem fuel pump cover bolts' - R/2011/171; dated 15/12/2011 - 'Fuel may leak' I am unable to find any relevant TPIs relating to fuel rail leaks - is anyone able to point me in the right direction?
  11. Octavia failed to start this morning - first major fault on this vehicle since new. What happened - very long crank and eventually started, but very rough idle, then engine stopped within 2 seconds. Strong smell of fuel and found fuel dripping onto belly plate at front of engine. RAC called, and diagnosed probable leakage from fuel rail - recovery to workshop required! No indication of any problem when I drove it two days ago. My usual independent (VAS Technical) is unable to fit in until next month 😭 - so spent most of the afternoon looking for someone who can fix it. Finally decided on Chamberlains on Beverly Way as I have been dissatisfied in past experiences with three of my local Skoda garages. RAC tech said that this type of failure is not uncommon with this engine - a quick search on here didn't show anything - is there anyone here who has had a similar failure?
  12. Try one of the online markets (I found mine on the Bay) - (the same lamp fitting is used for the glove compartment) The led unit replaces the complete light fitting.
  13. Hello, welcome to the forum. I suspect you will find that the towing weight being included on the plate does not actually indicate factory towbar preparation has been fitted.
  14. Warrior193 replied to a post in a topic in Skoda Octavia Mk3 (2013 - 2020)
    Flag for @ApertureS who can probably give you the answer.
  15. Hello Philip, welcome to the forum. I believe that Traffic Master TMC was switched off sometime last year - widely reported on the forum. Try searching TMS. I recall seeing that there was a work round to access traffic information from another source. @Yogi-Bear posted really useful details on this recently.
  16. The LED replacement fitting gives much improved light output, if going down this route, go for units with good review ratings.
  17. I believe that the type 096 is the maximum size that will fit the Octavia 3. Don't forget the adaptation.
  18. Quite apart from the low weekly mileage causing extra DPF regens - I'd suggest getting the coolant fan thermostats tested for correct temperature operating range.
  19. +1 for anticipation - change up to highest gear possible while remaining sympathetic to engine, coast (in gear) avoid braking where possible and imagine there is an egg between your right foot and throttle.
  20. The maxi-dot display is the small square one between the rec counter and speedometer - accessed via the right hand roller switch on the steering wheel.
  21. There are separate settings in the maxi-dot display - one for 'consumption' and one for 'average consumption'
  22. IIRC, the OEM lamp capsules in my Mk3 were 'capless' type - where there are just two bent wire connections at the bottom of the capsule. Is that what yours looks like? You could also consider replacing the complete light unit with a LED type fitting.
  23. I'd strongly advise considering replacing the expansion tank for one without the silikat bag.
  24. Instantaneous fuel use figures under acceleration are practically of no use - as are the figures achieved during overrun / downhill. Avoid using spot readings and set the fuel computer to average setting - although it is common for the readings of these computers to be a little optimistic. The only accurate method to check consumption is to calculate tank to tank fills.
  25. Hello, welcome to the forum. I assume that you also changed the adaptation setting for the new battery capacity? That looks like pretty slow average speed, does your vehicle have automatic idle stop? What were your consumption figures before the change? Has anything else been changed?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.