What have you done to your Superb III today?

3 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Put it into lockdown. A secure compound, in which it will spend the entirety of the current restrictions. Not cheap, but cheaper than replacing a window every two days as the fine denizens of old Bristol town roam from car to car looking for money to panic-buy more bog roll. Now I think about it, it would probably be cheaper to have left it parked on a double yellow and let the rozzers look after it for a few months...:D

Blimey !! Glad we live in quiet cul-de-sac ,will compound keep battery charged etc ?

On 29/03/2020 at 15:32, D402 said:

Turned summer time on 🌞

Nuts. Still forgot to do this.

Drove it forward about a foot then plugged it into my CTek trickle charger as it's not moved for over a week and won't be moving for some time to come.

Today walked into my garage and looked at it sitting there, unused  #Lockeddown ;)

My local (small) servo owner said they were down 10,000 L in sales last week 

Edited by digifish

Changed the rear door warning lights today to Ali sourced ghost "Skoda" lights.

They r nowhere near as bright as the front Superskoda sourced ghost "Superb" lights.

IMAG4636.thumb.jpg.4535bf7e25a3375bd8aaf14e693a50b3.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Put it into lockdown. A secure compound, in which it will spend the entirety of the current restrictions. Not cheap, but cheaper than replacing a window every two days as the fine denizens of old Bristol town roam from car to car looking for money to panic-buy more bog roll. Now I think about it, it would probably be cheaper to have left it parked on a double yellow and let the rozzers look after it for a few months...:D

A wise move.  I'm close to becoming 'Old Man Penguin' by telling next doors rabble off for constantly allowing their ball to bounce of my nearside wing.  I've already asked them to watch the car but they insist on playing football on their driveway rather than the green over the road. 🙄 I know it's boring for kids but FFS, show a bit of common sense and respect.  I'd have a word with their parents but I'd need to visit about 5 different properties to achieve that and we're on lockdown 😚 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

Changed the rear door warning lights today to Ali sourced ghost "Skoda" lights.

They r nowhere near as bright as the front Superskoda sourced ghost "Superb" lights.

IMAG4636.thumb.jpg.4535bf7e25a3375bd8aaf14e693a50b3.jpg

I like that a lot.  Nice mod.  Now swap the lights so that it reads 'Skoda Superb', from front to back. 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

A wise move.  I'm close to becoming 'Old Man Penguin' by telling next doors rabble off for constantly allowing their ball to bounce of my nearside wing.  I've already asked them to watch the car but they insist on playing football on their driveway rather than the green over the road. 🙄 I know it's boring for kids but FFS, show a bit of common sense and respect.  I'd have a word with their parents but I'd need to visit about 5 different properties to achieve that and we're on lockdown 😚 

If they come from five different families they shouldn't be together anyway.

Hoovered Superb out properly for the first time in ages. Also hoovered the Merc's boot out but then got tired.

One of these days I'll finish the Merc, hoover the A3 which is tucked away in the garage, and do an internal detail on each.

Eventually I'll wash them all but at this point I'm even rationing chores...

• Like 1

Summer wheels back on with new rubber, (although maybe putting winters back on again by the time we are no longer grounded and sat on the naughty step), gave it a wash and applied a couple of cheeky decals 

199EC871-7D74-4265-9515-41BE53660DD9.jpeg

52ABC394-B518-42B7-A2A7-059ABCDC76FD.jpeg

15721821-E182-42C4-AC35-DAD011D4B69B.jpeg

4E105CF7-3DFF-4B95-B3B8-7086AE816E63.jpeg

• Like 1

Not quite today but before all the lockdown i topped up the ceramic coating, swapped wheels for summers then last weekend given it quick over. Now since Saturday it's sat in multistorey carpark as all public parking charges have been suspended

IMG_20200329_155034.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MarioVrs said:

Not quite today but before all the lockdown i topped up the ceramic coating, swapped wheels for summers then last weekend given it quick over. Now since Saturday it's sat in multistorey carpark as all public parking charges have been suspended

Hi @MarioVrs - car looks fantastic.:thumbup:

Genuinely not trying to worry you unduly, but FYI they've done the same with some of our city centre multi-storeys over the last week. Last Friday night some scrote(s) broke into each of the cars in the nearest one to me, looking for cash. :@ NCP view of the world was (as you would expect) "tough - your risk". Might be completely different for you (looking at your location on your profile) but worth considering.

Edited by BriskodaJeff
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Esseesse200 said:

Yea Zimmerman sport discs with brembo x pads 

I reckon you've just put black sticky dots in your existing discs to look like holes 😁

In other news - went to the supermarket (first time for two weeks) and still forgot to set the clock to BST whilst I was out 😂

Just now, unclerichy said:

I reckon you've just put black sticky dots in your existing discs to look like holes 😁

In other news - went to the supermarket (first time for two weeks) and still forgot to set the clock to BST whilst I was out 😂

Remembered to do mine yesterday (BST). Got a shock whilst driving to work to see it was 04:20 when I start at 06:00. Corrected when I got to work by ticking the right box.;)

3 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Hi @MarioVrs - car looks fantastic.:thumbup:

Genuinely not trying to worry you unduly, but FYI they've done the same with some of our city centre multi-storeys over the last week. Last Friday night some scrote(s) broke into each of the cars in the nearest one to me, looking for cash. :@ NCP view of the world was (as you would expect) "tough - your risk". Might be completely different for you (looking at your location on your profile) but worth considering.

Just when you think humanity can't sink to lower levels.  Unfortunately Darwin was wrong, if natural selection was legit then all these scrotes would be statistics on the news...

Just seen reports of some idiot being caught on CCTV licking his hands and then gripping car doors.  He apparently went down a whole street doing this.  WTF?!?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unclerichy said:

😂😂 it was actually some blobs of grease just to stop them seizing up whilst I’m not driving it 🥴

22 hours ago, Buocius said:

Those stickers looks like a "ricer"... Sorry...

But it has had a racingline oem+ map. 😉 Also has H&R springs and a bmc filter. Both of which came with stickers but reserved those for the garage beer fridge door 👍🏻