Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

52 minutes ago, -Dee- said:

Hi, everyone,
I have a problem with frequent system reboots. Decided to upgrade software from version 1896 to 1941. Started by checking the current software version. It was MOI3_EU_VW_R8960L. As I understand it should be SK version or not? 

Now I'm in doubt what firmware file to use for updating, because there are 2 options: 1) MOI3_EU_SK_9410L MU1941 and 2) MOI3_EU_VW_9410L(1941). Also noted that the VW archive file bigger than SK.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas.

IMG_1084.jpg

You should go ahead and download MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941_SK20230615S and apply it. My car was also runnig VW software train prior to the update to SK one. 

• Like 1

So the Skoda Assist mechanic came out and spent several hours trying to fix the infotainment system without luck.

The dealership has a shortage of mechanics apparently and when asked what we can do to prevent future crashes they told us that they've no idea - so that doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Seems like we'll be stuck with a car with limited functionality for a while 😞

Thanks for the advice all the same - this is a great forum.  We've decided that we will probably replace the car as we can't keep dealing with this issue every few months (but I'm glad others here have solved it).

thanks

• Sad 2

Hi all,

Just taken a Octavia Estate SEL iV. And found this thread as was having the same issue of random crashes.

I'm on SW1900 and 1941 looks promising. Tried downloading off a webpage link mentioned a couple back but always crashes on download??

Does anyone have a direct link to a ZIP file that i could have?

Much Appreciated 

So after one month of perfect running 1941 sw on friday received some ota update. For language and background services. And now multimedia is going on and off constantly, this is much vorse then rebooting. Constant clicking and music going off and on. Nice one Škoda, once again ota update probably f****d up my car. 

Edited by Krle
  • Sad 2

The only two things I can suggest are:

1. If you still have the usb stick with the update on it, try re doing it, however that could brick the system completely, I don't know for certain if it would or not.

2. Take it to the dealer and get them to either reinstall, reset it.

40 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

For me after 1941 all is OK.. had 3 OTA update since and all is working fine..

Same here, no problems with the OTAs on 1941.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, left car at dealer today. This time it is hw problem, probably gonna change display. New unit btw, changed maybe 3 months ago for nothing, when rebooting was an issue.

• Like 2

Hello all. After reading the whole 35 pages i think Skoda owes a cople of guys over here a hole months salary. I wann thank you guys for your feedback and expertise. Certengly you know a lot more then the dealers jus bi looking on the internet. 

My problems are the same (crashing of infotainment and restarting) there is a day without crash, then there is a day with multiple crashes in a short drive. My Ocatvia is 1.5TSI Style 15000km on the clock. Im on 1896 sw. Got it on 8/22. Been to the dealers 3 times now. First time they said they update it. Second time one service consultant said to me over the phone that they couldn't connect to Skoda and did nothing but other one said that they did update, and if problem continue that they will change the unit. Problems accur the next day.  

Third time they would not give a replacement car for free. And i sad i need my car back the same day. So they said that they couldn't do the update because i need the car back same day. And they were downloadin update for 4 hours🫨.

With a gearbox problem ( it stick in first and reverse) and with infotainment i got another appointment on 29.08.2023. And the car has to be there 2-3 days. After raining hell on them and telling them tah i will come with news crew next time for selling me a car with problems tjey agreed to give me a replacement car for free. 

I just hope they will update my car to 1941. Because i got them several videos with proof of problem. 

My friend has a VRS 2.0 TDi he got it in 3/22 and is on 1804sw. He had one crash in total from when he got the car. But he is not allowing OTA updates. 

Anyway i will inform you of my progress after the dealers. 

20230819_144730.jpg

20230817_080059.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brane193 said:

My friend has a VRS 2.0 TDi he got it in 3/22 and is on 1804sw. He had one crash in total from when he got the car. But he is not allowing OTA updates.

That's the thing. The frequent rebooting issue started after an OTA update early this year, maybe March IIRC. It's unfortunate that VAG hasn't been able to produce a fix sooner.

In general, though, installing updates whenever they become available is always good practice. An outdated system is left open to security vulnerabilities etc.

• Like 1

Contacted the dealer. Service consultant tells me that they cannot skip update and that i will get what the Skoda peple are allowing them to putt in car. 

On my appointment i will try to find out what that update is but I'm not to sure it will be 1941. 

I’ve had a 1.5 SE L First Edition for almost 3 years. Connectivity issues dogged it until just 5 days ago when SW 1941 was installed. I bought it at the start of the Covid Lockdown - customer service was very poor. It was continuously due a ‘fix ‘soon’.

My First Edition model included nice additional features.  I had no worries about reliability or after-care service as I had been a VW owner for decades. These were always, including my current (VAG Group) Octavia, mechanically reliable. However First Editions are I believe something of a testbed and for too many of us for too long our Infotainment/OTA system has not been reliable. 

The 3 year warranty expires soon - I’m not ready to go electric -yet - car is low mileage….I’ll keep it but it will be £35/month x 24  (£840 ) to extend the warranty for two years inc 2x MOT and 2 x Services. As I am keeping the (mechanically sound) car I have little option but to buy an £840 extended warranty. 

• Like 1

Anyone had a problem after the last over-the air-update a week or so ago?  I keep finding my Octavia's (Dec. 2020 1.5 SEL Mk4)  radio coming on after I've left the car and locked it.   It's happened 3 times so far and is very disconcerting for me and my neigbours.   

Anyone found a solution or had the same problem?  Any advice greatly appreciated.  The continual niggling glitches and the lack of sensible rotary switches to control air-con, heating and fan control just detracts from what is otherwise a really great car.  Oh, and who ever thought it was a great idea to do away with a rear wash wipe (yes, I know it's an option, but if you miss adding it to your requested 'spec' it's a big surprise when your car arrives without one, or you don't notice when you've bought secondhand.

Anyway, help with the radio problem will be much appreciated.

I don't know if this is related with this thread, but some days ago I updated the last OTA and today my infotainment won't turn on, the screen is totally black, and the cockpit shows errors for every assist system.

My version is 18.. (I can't check it exactly because my infotainment doesn't turn on).

4 minutes ago, Grimlock said:

I don't know if this is related with this thread, but some days ago I updated the last OTA and today my infotainment won't turn on, the screen is totally black, and the cockpit shows errors for every assist system.

My version is 18.. (I can't check it exactly because my infotainment doesn't turn on).

Have you tried a hard reboot. Keep infotainment ‘on’ button pressed continuously. If rebooted it will eventually come on. Take finger off ‘on’ button. Worth a try

• Like 1

I've had issues since the OTA last week too. Basically experienced the following. Worked fine on 1941 till update.

1. Started car yesterday and had a very long list of things unavailable. Basically every assist system. Drove down road and they worked after couple of mins

2. Any remembering of my media data seems to of stopped working. Keeps restarting from first track on USB again

3. Completely forgotten my selection of voice sound for Laura.

4. MySkoda app this morning completely reset and needed me to login again and setup

5. Did a weird thing with cruse control on way home around passing cars on left. Like it had defaulted to right hand drive. Didn't happen again after I refreshed user in car.

It just seems like car can't function at all without having an online connection and my skoda just does not remember setups

God knows why they can't build the damn system to remember last setup. I live in area with poor mobile data and can't aways have a signal

Edited by Novascape

And my car is back to normal since yesterday morning. One and a half day at dealer and i drove it whole afternoon and nothing. So i have to wait for issue to show again, record it with chassis number then report it to dealer. They did nothing, i know mechanic there so it is true. 

3 hours ago, PoloPaul said:

Have you tried a hard reboot. Keep infotainment ‘on’ button pressed continuously. If rebooted it will eventually come on. Take finger off ‘on’ button. Worth a try

This worked! I had to keep the 'on' button pressed for almost a minute, then the screen turned on.

Thank you!

Edited by Grimlock

18 hours ago, ChubbsH said:

Anyone had a problem after the last over-the air-update a week or so ago?  I keep finding my Octavia's (Dec. 2020 1.5 SEL Mk4)  radio coming on after I've left the car and locked it.   It's happened 3 times so far and is very disconcerting for me and my neigbours.   

Anyone found a solution or had the same problem?  Any advice greatly appreciated.  The continual niggling glitches and the lack of sensible rotary switches to control air-con, heating and fan control just detracts from what is otherwise a really great car.  Oh, and who ever thought it was a great idea to do away with a rear wash wipe (yes, I know it's an option, but if you miss adding it to your requested 'spec' it's a big surprise when your car arrives without one, or you don't notice when you've bought secondhand.

Anyway, help with the radio problem will be much appreciated.

By my experince you dont need rear whiper. A had a car before octavia for 13 years with no rear whiper, and now my octavia withot one. Heaters of rear glass do the trick.