All Activity
- Past hour
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Suggest buying a DVM (digital Volt Meter) and plugging it into the cabin power point, permanently if not being used for anything else, and monitoring the voltage while driving normally, coasting etc. If the battery SOC is up around 80% then the DVV will show 14.5/14.8V on overrun and ~ 13.0/13.6V with accelerator pressed, if the SOC is down around 75% then its more than likely that the charging rate is 14.5/14.8V under all driving conditions. My over 7.5 year old Polo petrol 65BHP (Original) battery SOC has often been down around 75% but stop/start never failed to operate any time I care to use it. The max SOC is 85%. VCDS 10Friday,05,June,2026,10:45:58:555 42715 kms/26542miles. IDE01834 Battery voltage 12.193 V IDE01836 Battery current -4.950 A IDE01839 Battery charge status 77 % IDE01841 Battery internal resistance 7.6 mOhm IDE01842 Usable battery charge 28 Ah IDE01948 Battery internal resistance not normed 6.0 mOhm IDE07681-MAS06086 Battery total charging throughput-Total re-charge 3890.7 Ah IDE07681-MAS06087 Battery total charging throughput-Entire energy throughput 4091.0 Ah
-
Johngerard started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Even with regular long trips, the battery will frequently not get charged to 100% due to the Smart Charging system reserving battery capacity for regenerative charging.
-
Brake pedal soft but brakes fine. Doesn't pump up, no fluid leak - air in system or master cylinder problem?
If the pedal gradually drops under pressure and there are no leaks and your sure theres no air in system its more than likely the seals that have gone on the brake master cylinder. The fluid is probably getting past the seals/bypassing but its not leaking. Daughters peugeot 205gti did exactly the same a few weeks ago. Brakes were a bit soft for a while and then virtually no brakes even if you pumped pedal. Alasdair.
-
- Oil catch can
- From Amundsen to Columbus: mission almost accomplished!
-
Exhaust Backbox
I’ve just taken delivery of a Reiger diffuser valance. You’re welcome to the standard one that I’m taking off. Seeing as I’m changing my rear bumper (driven into) I’ve actually got 2 - one off my bumper with cutout for dropdown towbar, and one off the donor bumper with no cutout. Just as an option if you wanted to retain the standard look.
-
Oil catch can
Welcome to the forum. Try contacting a specialist tuner near you - or contacting a member of a local Car Club. I'm sure either of these could offer good suggestions for sources.
-
Warrior193 started following Oil catch can
-
When will Epiq be in showrooms.
Does anyone know when the Epiq will be coming into showrooms? I believe that lhd ones should be doing a tour of dealers in the next month or so.
-
DaveLees started following When will Epiq be in showrooms.
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
I'd strongly recommend getting the battery fully charged and properly tested before replacing it - and test the alternator output.
- Today
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Mine does it too and according to my main stealer it’s because the car isn’t used enough to keep the battery fully charged. Bear in mind these days that even if the car isn’t used just sat there it will have something somewhere using a bit of power. I just give mine a 20 to 30 min run every couple of weeks
-
tich1958 started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
What type of use does this car get - is it mainly used for short runs? There isn't normally a lot of headspace between the battery SOC level that the smart charge alternator maintains and the SS cut-off level, plus SS won't be available if one, of at least 6-8, operation parameters are not met.
-
Warrior193 started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Charging the battery: if this helps only temporarily, replace the battery regardless of age or mileage.
-
Cairus started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
This old chestnut seems to have been a re-occurring theme on BRISKODA forums, with various Skoda models affected although I couldn't see any reports from Mk4 Octavia owners; hence this new topic. I've had my vehicle just over a month now, so it's 10 months old with 6200 on the clock. For the first few days the auto start-stop (ASS) worked as expected, but now, for some reason it never activates. Having read other users reports, it would seem a battery issue may be the likely cause. I've tried driving without any extra drain on the battery i.e. heated steering wheel, air con. etc. but to no avail. I didn't purchase the car from a Skoda dealer, so I'm assuming that all the pre-sale checks carried out by the seller (Cinch) may have included a battery charge as standard.. Have any Mk4 owners experienced this issue and if so was there a successful resolution? Any input would be most welcome before I make a visit to my local Skoda garage. Many thanks in anticipation.
-
Gowna started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Bluetooth MP3 compatibity
Just to close this thread, I just decides to use the free version spotify on my phone. But thanks for the imput to my query.
-
All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?
Yes, that would be reasonable, but do they actually do it? Even if they do, if they charge it at the actual cost to VWFS that's going to be way less than the dealers retail price so it would still be a good deal. But unless someone has been through this, it's unknown - hence my question.
-
All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?
Well, no you don't. I cancelled the one on our Karoq after 5mths so as to get the cheaper rate in Black Friday offer. I hadn't used any of the elements of the plan. Not only did I not have to pay any extra, after reading of someone who got a refund, I pushed and with much grumpiness they refunded me the 5mths I'd paid as goodwill. Only issue I had is they didn't link the two plans together so it looked like there'd been a 5 mths gap in warranty cover. This meant that the plan showed a 30 day waiting period for the warranty to start. They confirmed to me in email that this was wrong and they would waive it.
-
the truth about electric cars
@lol-lol 1.4tsi 4x4 manual 5 seat. It's a good combination with none of the DSG or adblue worries and, being 5 seat takes my daughter's wheelchair in the boot with no dismantling of it, or seat folding necessary.
-
Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
So, had the battery on slow charge for 18-19 hours, Disconnected and fired the car up all warning lights cleared, I have to go out latr, about a 25 mile trip so that should give me an idea if it was just battery base, also a chum is coming round later this morning torun a vcds trial. Will keep you all updated!
-
Park Assist when stationary
Well, after another fiddle yesterday evening, I have resolved but admittedly this is a bit of user error 🫢 I had convinced myself I'd turned off and tested the 'automatic activation' but lo and behold that was the culprit. Thanks for the responses.
-
Brighter Interior Lights
Thanks thats a good shout, I didn't know that they came with OEM ones, thanks all @ile7 @Binx1310 @JR RS
-
Exhaust Backbox
I have the RPM Res Delete pipe already fitting, this is for more of a burble at idle along with looking better. Happy to change the rear valance, looking at OE, Maxton or Reiger currently hence why asking about the rear boxes as would like to have those tips, I have looked at multiple different types but thought this might be a good option for appearance and slight noise increase. Supersprint is lovely but very pricey, had a cat back system on my E34 M5, so just seeing about other options.
-
New Battery or Something Else?
TBH something like the basic OBD Eleven or similar will pay for itself over time if you want to save some money doing your own servicing or mtce.
-
adg1 started following New Battery or Something Else?
-
DGW started following Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
-
Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit
Originally yes, but they have a proof of concept working on Skoda. Anyone here interested in having it I wonder?
-
Oil catch can
Hi, anyone in Aus fitted a Catch can to their fabia 2 vrs with parts from Aus? UK parts/ postage is ridiculous.
-
2017/17 Skoda Yeti SE-L Drive Outdoor 4x4 DSG 2.0Tdi 150bhp for sale
Forgot to say located near Belper in Derbyshire. Also have both keys.