All Activity
- Past hour
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
Ours displays in normal mode, that's a 1.5 DSG. Don't set it to any other mode except sport by tapping lever backwards.
-
sussamb started following 2 Cylinder Mode…..
-
11111 1111.1 The Show Us Your Odo Thread! (now 12345 678.9) + Brisky Tree odo fun
Parked up at the supermarket this afternoon... ... which means I've averaged ~15,000 miles/year for each of the last five years 😳
-
Facelift steering wheel
I've browsed through previous posts regarding this, but can't seem to see if the facelift steering wheel is just a plug and play replacement into the pre facelift. Ideally I'd like to add paddle shift but I think that's only on MQB platform cars? Seen a few cheap facelift steering wheels on eBay but usually don't come with airbag. Will my pre facelift airbag fit? Cheers
-
pompeyjim started following Facelift steering wheel
-
JD52 started following Octavia VRS rear end issues
-
Suspension upgrade installed
Sorry that this becoming a bit OT on a pad thing - thought Blue were meant to be for harder usage than Yellow. Good to know the feedback and agree the colour mix is triggering - unless you get some aero hubcaps 🤯🤢
-
Weird sound on new Octavia 1.5 TSI mHEV
I also think that it has something to do with the regenerative braking system, but i am unsure what it is. I bought an used brake booster for the NX an teared it down to learn how it works.. But as i see there is nowhere a relay which can cause a click...
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
On my 25 with Columbus, it only displays in Eco mode.
-
Rbz5416 started following 2 Cylinder Mode…..
- Today
-
the truth about electric cars
Refined oil is really all that matters to customers of liquid fuels. Crude can be transported as and when. If sanctions on Russian Diesel and the USA having to really hold on to what they have for the home market then there is enough being refined or there is not. Or there are those that get oil and can refine but are choosing not to and controlling the market. What ever Donald Trump tries to do will hit some some places. Maybe make some of his even wealthier.
-
dashman joined the community
- 38 mph in 5th gear ?
-
ShireKing started following 38 mph in 5th gear ?
-
Weird sound on new Octavia 1.5 TSI mHEV
As I said, I also believe it is the relay coming on and off for the 48v battery. My dealer in the UK fully charged both batteries, and it did not do it for about two weeks until, of course, the battery charge got low due to the poorly designed/coded services and useless regenerative braking system in the car, it now clicks all the time again.
-
Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
Having had similar problems, they seem to come and go depending on usage. The "regenerative braking" is nonsense; it barely works. This adds to the battery's woes, along with poorly designed systems that drain the battery. I have recharged with a CTEK and NOT had the issues return for a few weeks. So, I'm also leaning towards: Poor equipment and firmware draining the battery Poor charging systems Poor electrical power management Insufficient (due to emisions/saving money/poorly designed) drivetrain needed to service all these newfangled systems I've also had my 2025MY MkIV Sportline 1.5TSi e-TEC, back to the dealer, where they performed "a significant software update" that they felt would "resolve the issues with the electronics and driveability" - well... it felt so at pick-up but not really anymore, adding more weight to the battery being the source of these issues. Additionally, after a year of ownership (from new), we now have the dreaded shuddering under load and gear change, which used to disappear once warmed up, now seems to be a permanent "feature" along with the shoddy braking system. Interestingly, we hired a Fabia whilst away recently, and we nearly broke our necks when the brakes actually worked!
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
Hi guys I am having a strange issue with what feels like the rear end of my mk3 vrs (multilink) When driving along, the car "tram lines" and feels loose at the rear. When I put the foot down to overtake someone, the car torque steers violently as I change lanes. Its on new Bilstein B8 dampers, new eibach springs and all the bushes have been replaced and 4 wheel alignment has been done. Results below. It also has new ball joints, drop links and track rod ends up front. Anyone any ideas? im almost thinking one of the rear bilstein dampers is faulty from the factory Thanks
-
kev8611 started following Octavia VRS rear end issues
-
AJG1960 joined the community
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
In a bizarre turn of events today the ASS worked as I would have expected. I initially thought the car had stalled or cut-out but the ASS symbol was active on the dashboard, and proceeded to work as expected for the next several halts in traffic. I'm baffled. BTW what does SOC stand for in relation to battery charge please.
-
Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
Our car showed two lanes along the M90, travelling southbound towards Edinburgh. However, the muti-lane display is not consistently shown when on all two or three lane dual carriageway or motorway. I am unsure what the parameters are for the display to show multi-lane images but I know our car has done so, and at other times it does not. I suspect it must be GPS related or the classification of the particular road. We have our big pan-euro road trip scheduled for December so will report back then if someone else hasn't solved the mystery first. Best wishes.
-
Arianne started following Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
-
Kamiq MY20 MIB3 Update
I’m specifically asking about people who performed the update manually via a flash drive—without using a cable to clear a hidden error—to see if everything works for them in MySkoda and if they were able to add the primary user without any issues.
- Brake pedal soft but brakes fine. Doesn't pump up, no fluid leak - air in system or master cylinder problem?
-
SkodaParts.com review: Our Crystal winter rims have arrived!
...and the winter tyres have just been delivered by DPD. Ordered from MyTyres.co.uk, effectively Delticom of Germany. I've used this company many times and have only ever had one glitch just after Brexit when a pair got lost through customs. They refunded me for the lost pair and we ordered a replacement set. The process is seamless now. I will wait until November and the colder weather, have my dealer mount the tyres onto the rims and fit the valves, balance them etc. Then they can swap them this time just to be sure everything is in order. After that, it becomes a twice yearly project for me and my trolley jack! So far, so good.
-
Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
The prob appears to be the front offside abs sensor, of which i have one in my garage, just need to find and fit it!
-
Brake pedal soft but brakes fine. Doesn't pump up, no fluid leak - air in system or master cylinder problem?
Think there safe enough to use as long as you keep pressure down. I usually use old spare tyre at 10-12psi and have never had any problems and have done quite a few cars brakes including clutches. Generally working by myself so handy for one man bleeding. Reckon on my sons the air bubble was moving back and forward somewhere. Worth a try especially the rear Alasdair
-
New or improved hubs announced, Government EV Loans in Scotland and free & no longer free public charging places..
Sorry. As the posts above. Dowhill Farm between Turnberry and Girvan. In and asphalting and lines painted just completed today. Wind turbine on the hill. Should not be long till goes live.
-
Mpg????
That's about spot on Mine was the same, had it for 8 years Just traded it for a 1.4 suzuki vitara. Believe me, the fabia is frugal compared to this
-
Progressive Steering
Progressive has only 2 turns lock to lock, so it's quicker. Doesn't make a massive difference in real world driving.
-
AndySmith1707 started following Progressive Steering
-
barn find felicia pickup.
ooh, I found out it's the 50kW version, so the fastest piece of **** low powered crap of the 1.3L options :P lol. I MAY turbo it one day to make sure the plastic engine breaks, but it briefly does 100bhp :P
-
P25AB00 Piston Cooling Oil Control Circuit High - Superb
Boom
-
Suspension upgrade installed
I changed from yellow stuff the last time my fronts needed changed, and have blue stuff installed at the minute. They are a far nicer better all round pad. No complaints after several thousand miles. Same solid pedal feel from cold, as they are warm. Consistent braking and easy to modulate. I’ll probably change the rears from yellow to blue when they wear next time, for no other reason other than my wee brain doesn’t like them two different colours 😂.
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
Anyone know where this nugget of info hides - when I collected our 2024SEL it was displayed on the dash whenever the motor was under light load, popped up there for weeks until I had a play with the various display screens - now it’s gone and despite some very time consuming searches, I can’t get it back………Google AI wrongly claims it’s included with the ‘consumption’ screen……..? Anyone guidance greatly appreciated………