All Activity
- Past hour
- Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
diWayneWayce started following Activating SmartLink on Swing 3
-
Octavia IV 1.5 TSI e-TEC 2021. – Clicking/Flap Noise When Coasting & AC On/Off
Hi everyone, I recorded two videos of a strange noise coming from somewhere around or behind the glovebox on the passenger side, although sometimes it sounds like it’s coming from the center of the dashboard. The car is a Škoda Octavia IV 1.5 TSI e-TEC mild hybrid. In the first video, the noise occurs when I release the accelerator and the car goes into coasting/mild-hybrid mode, with the engine shutting off and the RPM dropping to 0. At that moment, I hear this strange sound. When I press the accelerator again and the engine restarts, I hear the same sound again. It sounds almost like some kind of flap or actuator opening and closing. In the second video, you can hear basically the same sound, but this time I’m manually turning the climate control/AC off and back on. Has anyone experienced something similar or know what could be causing this? Video_01.mp4Video_02.mp4
-
-
Memo_Cro joined the community
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Yeah, that's pretty much what the service manager at my dealer said regarding driving it to get the SOC back up, unless you're doing a multi-hour trip on the open road at decent (or indecent...) speeds. Far better to occasionally charge put it on a tender, a lot less hassle and expense. This is a good explanation of the differences between EFB and AGM batteries: Do you need EFB or AGM Battery?| VARTA Automotive BatteriesEFB or AGM? Find out which battery suits your vehicle best ► Compare VARTA® battery technology for start-stop and high-energy vehicles.I think Skoda/VAG just tried to save costs fitting EFB batteries with the smart charging system, given the amount of electronics on these cars, particularly the higher spec models an AGM is a much smarter choice IMO.
-
Dom joined the community
- Today
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
Yes that's where mine was, however, I can't get the MPG into the middle screen......!
-
Mk2 Octavia underside maintenance
Great info thank you so i had my passenger side rear liner off a couple of days back as i am going to degrease,power wash and treat those and the cills first before i get into the underside. I decided to buy jenolite rust converter to cover first before I use Lanoguard underseal kit to finish off. I’ve also got new capscrews to replace all of the liner ones as a lot of them look rotten. I have attached some pics how bad are these would you say am I fighting a losing battle or am I in a half decent position?
-
All season options for Kodiaq 4x4
I have a Kodiaq with 18 inch wheels on Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons and they seem good but they've only been on a few months so I haven't used them in bad weather or snow yet. Previously I'd had Michelin Cross Climates on an Octavia 4x4 and they were excellent and would have been my first choice for the Kodiaq but the Goodyears were significantly cheaper
-
MikeTheThinker started following Fitting twin horns
-
DGW started following Upgrade oil cooler
-
MarcoPires started following Skoda Superb Mk3 (2015 - 2023)
-
MarcoPires started following Noise suspension after installing bilstein b4
-
Noise suspension after installing bilstein b4
Hello everyone, I'm desperate, after installing all 4 shocks bilstein b4 a noise comes when passing from certain holes, déformations....little knock from all 4 shocks! Everything is new arms, shocks, adaptation(module 14) is done! Sometimes the shocks sims loose! Every bolt is ok Everything sims ok, but that noise... skoda superb 2017 2.0 tsi L&K 280cv 4x4! H&R installed! With oem shocks Everything is ok......
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Trying to get the SOC back up by driving the car, especially with the present smart charging is not a great idea IMO and just a waste of fuel The family, Jan 2026 Polo,only seems to keep the SOC around 72/74% and a round trip last May dropping someone off at the Airport bears out the very low charging rates. The average charging ignoring engine off time and starting load was ~ 3.9A at 13.51V and, even after 23 miles the charging rate was less than 4A on overrun at 14.8V (SOC still only 72%). However, I will let it soldier on, the other 7.5 year Polo now passed down the line previously operated almost the same as this one and if I can get 8+ years out of the battery in both I will be happy enough I think, stop/start always works when requested so perhaps running at ~ 70% SOC isn't that such of a disaster after all?. LOG-261C10532-logged Airport Battery Data2 74%.xlsx
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
thamestrader I was actually in drive when I braked at 75 mph to slow on the M5 near Torquay as the speed was increasing on the slope. Had to use the flappy paddles to put back into 7th. I find the only way to get the car to change gear at sensible revs is to use a really light throttle. My previous Scala 1.5 DSG was a completely different beast when it came to gear changing. Had a new manual Fabia colour edition as a loan car when mine went in for service and that car was telling me to change gear about 2000rpm!
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
On my 25 Sportline 1.5 DSG it displays in the middle screen when I have MPG showing, this is in normal mode, hope this helps.
-
All season options for Kodiaq 4x4
235/45R20 fitted to 8J rims are very prone to kerbing damage. 235/55R18 fitted to 7J rims have excellent protection from kerbing damage, give a much better ride, are quieter, and are much cheaper. Changing to 18" wheels might cost around £500 more than fitting new 20" tyres, but the old 20" wheels could be sold to recoup some of the cost. These 18" wheels are listed in the car's CoC (Certificate of Conformity), so it's not a modification...and therefore the insurance company doesn't need to be informed. 18" alloy rims (Kodiaq MK1) https://www.skoda-parts.com/catalog/kodiaq/spare-parts/accessories/wheels-steel-aluminium/aluminium-wheel/18-890.html Continental AllSeasonContact 2 235/55R18 100H (Euro label B B 70dB) https://www.camskill.co.uk/m141b0s11820p235302/Continental_Tyres_All_Season_Car_Continental_Conti_All_Season_Contact_2_235_55_R18_100H_EVC_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_B_Wet_Grip%3A_B_NoiseClass%3A_B_Noise%3A_70dB
-
Carlston started following All season options for Kodiaq 4x4
-
Two goes at pulling away !
For some time now, almost everytime I pull away (backwards or forwards) it leaps, pauses and then pulls away as expected. I've asked the question of various persons in the know but failed to get a fix. Two weeks ago, I had the front brake pads replaced. They were getting "grabby" and were well worn down. Almost immediately I noticed that pullimg away was much smoother. The second go at pulling away trick has now gone. I can only think that the front pads were intermittently binding up on the disc and letting go at the second push. Hopefully, this will help someone else with the same or similar issue.
-
Sven57 started following Two goes at pulling away !
-
AUTODOC, eBay, Amazon, or any specialty stores where do you usually have fewer issues finding the right fit?
When it comes to selecting parts - it’s check, check and check again. Do not rely on the make and model selection on the website. Autodoc presented brake disc sizes for all models even though they confirmed my model. Progressive Parts (and others) list my engine as CJXA/DNFE when they’re the EA888 Gen3 and Gen4 with differences. The Superpro Lower arms TRC1070 are advertised as applicable to basically every car made by VAG, yet they’re only applicable for Golf/Octavia. Because the Superb has a much wider track, as does the Audi RS3 which is suggested too. Turns out the MQB chassis which is the MQB chassis is not the MQB chassis. It’s MQB-A0 (Fabia) MQB-A1 (Golf/Ovtavia) MQB-A2 (Q2, Ateca, Tiguan) and MQB-B (Superb, Passat). Nuances like that really make a difference.
-
Fitting twin horns
I 've fitted twin horns on other cars in the past by just removing the single and connecting the new hi-lo pair to the original wire. I was young then. Now I'm more cautious, whats the practical thoughts on doing this on an Octavia Mk2? If I use 2.5mm2 wire I don't envisage a problem, but if I ask questions the recommendation is to fit another relay and add a fused power wire from the battery. That makes it a tedious job. Does any of the Mk2s have twin horns, and what size wire was used?
-
-
Mk2 Octavia underside maintenance
As has been suggested, take the arch liners off. Though the fronts will have some crud behind, these are not normally as bad as the rears. The offside being worse than nearside. So start with the rear offside. The wheel has to come off of course, then find all the screws They will be Torx 25. A 2mm or 2.5mm drill bit is useful to clear the muck out of the heads, then the bit doesn't slip. You may have to brush away mud from the liner to find all of the screws. Once they're off, the most likely rust spot is at the sill. A hand wire brush and a screwdriver will find the loose bits, but carry on tapping if it looks soft, and you may make holes. There is no magic fix, it has to be welded, no amount of zinc will fix it. If it's ok, I use Fertan or any other rust converter will do. Though Fertan will creep and convert surface rust if you cover it with plastic film for 24 hours. This stabilises the rust, then I use Bilt Hamber Dynax underspray. It is less marketed than other more well known brands, and recommended by restorers. There are youtube videos, lookup "mobilerustdoctor". I've just done all mine, found some holes which are getting fixed next week, and to do it throughly took 1/2 day each for the rears. See pic of offside.
-
hat-trick-lion-mane joined the community
- AUTODOC, eBay, Amazon, or any specialty stores where do you usually have fewer issues finding the right fit?
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
One thing I learnt recently is to not let the battery get too low as it can cause issues, primarily with the airbag module. I had a period of use that involved lots of short trips which let the SOC drop, next thing there was an airbag warning. Turns out that the low battery caused a fault with the module and it needed to be replaced as it was essentially bricked, I know in some countries there are places that can restore the modules but I'm not sure if we have any in new Zealand. My car was only a few months out of warranty and the dealer wanted to charge circa $2000 for the new module, when I made them aware that this was a known issue on MQB platform cars and that I thought they should go to Skoda for a goodwill warranty they coughed and spluttered a bit but agreed to talk to Skoda who thankfully came to the party. It seems in this market at least, Skoda ship the vehicles with the cheaper and less efficient EFB style of battery when they really should have AGM batteries. I'm still on the original battery but will definitely upgrade to an AGM when this one starts to go downhill, it still tests OK but at over 5 years I'm guessing it doesn't have too much life left in it. Like @Warrior193 I now put the car on a battery tender occasionally or if it's not being used for some time. So far, so good and FWIW I don't use ASS, it gets turned off as a matter of course before every drive.
- Issues with Mk 4 1.5 TSI
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
I’ve never heard anyone comment on the DSG changing gear at high revs usually the comment is it changes too soon and they use Sport mode to hold on to lower gears for longer. I don’t suppose you are in Sport rather than Drive?
-
Big thanks to my agent, not.
The Service Plan is with VWFS they pay whichever Skoda dealer does the service - its not linked to one specific dealer.
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
I took delivery of a ex demo SE l Edition DSG 1.5 tsi on Monday. Traded in my 2018 Suberb for it. Must admit having second thoughts now
-
Coilovers
Evening guys, just thought I'd put a few pics of my octy on his coilovers (prosport) just incase anyone was thinking of lowering there's, is a bit bouncy now but is still comfortable enough
-
Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
Glad you found the problem. Weird how an ABS/speed sensor can affect steering. I take it it pinged up on vcds. I've managed so far with a cheap copy scanner for just fault codes/resetting but reckon as my cars getting a bit older will finally have to invest. Alasdair
-
1.9 diesel fuel pump not working advice needed.
Evening all, So I had a play this evening until my battery went flat. I put 12v to what I believed to be the stop valve as pictured previously and nothing happened. So I removed the fuel lines followed by the solenoid and what I removed is pictured below. On the bench I again put 12v to it and initially it didn’t want to move but after a couple of flicks of the battery + it was clicking away happily. I then put it back into the pump and wired it in but when I turned the key again nothing happened (no clicking). I checked what voltage it was receiving from the ignition and it’s only 7.3v but by taking a feed direct from the battery it would click. Finally I tried to bleed the pump but nothing came out of the fuel pipes whatsoever. Is what I removed the fuel cut off solenoid or something else? What’s. Does the VW pick up have a immobiliser like the Felicia? Regards Rob
-
Big thanks to my agent, not.
My car is 5 years old on 29th October. As I am away for a week in the middle of Octobr, I booked an MOT with my local agent (who supplied the car) I booked an MOT for 20th October. On 24th September, whilst in France, I received an email from them saying that, as of 30th September (7 days after the email) the company would no longer be a Skoda agent, and all business would be transferred to the local VW agent. They would be in touch with anyone with servicing due after 30th September, but, no surprise, nobody has as yey been in touch with me. I tried to book an MOT with another fairly local Skoda agent, but they didn't appear to have any appointments until 12th November. I have now managed to book an appointment with the VW agent only 2 days after my original appointment. So rather annoying, but no real harm to me. However, those with servicing and/or repairs may have significant problems. I had a service plan, but luckily I used the remaining plan on a service and inspection, but what happens if your plan gives you 2 services and you only use one?