Worst aspects of the Octavia

Quite possibly you are asking the wrong people?

However, the ability of the hatchback to collect water and then dump it all over the boot insides when I open it does wear thin.

That aside I'm loving it :thumbup:

All the seats they should be soft and comfy like in the superb, the internal light switch I wear mine out I am on my 4rth one at the moment, I may get them wired so I just have to press one of the buttons for them all to come on front and back, yes it can be done I have checked with an auto electrician

they need to fit a roof gutter to stop the rain water coming in the open drivers window

A min 120BHP engine

And finally lower the price of a new one back to the price that a MK1 was when it first came out

Edited by skippy41

Quite possibly you are asking the wrong people?

However, the ability of the hatchback to collect water and then dump it all over the boot insides when I open it does wear thin.

That aside I'm loving it :thumbup:

[/quote

does my head in as well, no matter how quickly i do it or try to get the water to run off before i open up it still pours inside onto my tools and parts :swear:

The noisy tri rear window, the wind noise at anything over urban speed is bloody annoying after a while, first it was just the rear OS but now the NS is at it.

Anyone in lincs / cambs experienced in fixing that?

Yes

1/ water dripping into the boot when opened after rain, especially on a Rain-X'd rear screen and Meguires Waxed boot

2/ water dripping into interior when doors opened after rain, especially on a Meguires Waxed roof. (needs roof gutter)

3/ rubbish Skoda UK support (applies to any model)

4/ creaking suspension

5/ creaking dash (when on demist or cooling after demist)

6/ missing it terribly while its in the body shop for a repair to the rear wing - thanks to some fugly MoFo of a lorry driver who dented it and drove off!! ****!!!

Wind noise. Otherwise it's a decent car at a decent price. It doesn't have the comfort or the refinement of a top marque car, but at the end of the day I didn't pay for a top marque car. :)

Will definitely buy another one next time around.

+1 for the boot lid water issue.

The lack of steering wheel radio controls in the VRS. Seriously why leave them off it's not like they've fitted a feckin Momo wheel instead?

Noises from rear seats

Screenwash nozzles blocking.

But I'd say they are niggles at worst and don't detract from a very good car.

1. The boot / water issue of course

2. No Washer fluid low warning light

3. Silly options ie. only bluetooth on DSG, no steering controls, sat nav over priced

1) Windscreen steaming up and taking ages to clear! Mini took a quarter of the time - Mondeo even less as quick clear screen

2) Rain/snow falling in the driver/passenger door when opened!

3) No stereo controls on the stalks

The Mondeo has 1 and 3 on the bottom of the range - we have the VRS.

1) Windscreen steaming up and taking ages to clear! Mini took a quarter of the time - Mondeo even less as quick clear screen

2) Rain/snow falling in the driver/passenger door when opened!

3) No stereo controls on the stalks

The Mondeo has 1 and 3 on the bottom of the range - we have the VRS.

The vRS used to be based on an ambiente model with the sporty bits glued on so its origins are quite humble.

Overall its still a good package with dual zone climate control and the jumbo box fitted as standard to later models.

A vast majority of cars don't offer the option of an electrically heated windscreen.

If you want a poverty spec 'hot hatch' go and look at the outgoing Astra SRI :giggle:

I have a PD170 vRS Combi

1/ Engine cover dislodging itself regularly, fixed by a trip to the local VW dealer where £2.50 later I had 4 new, redesigned retainers.

2/ Wind noise from mirrors over 75mph, fixed occassionally by a bit of clear tape. Not currently fixed due to weather conditions.

3/ Rear screen doesn't stay clean as spoiler should be higher to deflect rain over the screen, so rear wiper on most of the time in rain/snow.

4/ No remote stereo controls on or around the steering wheel.

So, only two grumbles most of the time.... and I miss my previous Focus's heated front screen right now ...

To put it in perspective, my car cost £5k less than my mates Audi A3 PD170 sportline which was 6 months older with twice as many miles and we both bought within a month of each other.

For me its the road noise and secondly its the dash lighting colour. I don't like the green lighting, I think it looks cheap. If I could change it I would!

Lastly the water getting into the boot every time you open it after it rains.

+1 for the boot lid water issue.

But I'd say they are niggles at worst and don't detract from a very good car.

:thumbup:

The open boot not counting as an open door so the car locks itself after a short period.

Just waiting for the day the keys drop out of my pocket into the boot and I see them just before the boot shuts over them....

1) Poor demisting

2) Wind noise from mirrors

3) No blue tooth as standard

and to counter balance with some good points!

1) Comfortable seats and ride ( in my Scout)

2) Excellent fuel ecomomy

3) Massive boot :0)

Still being relatively new to the Skoda ownership experience it's perhaps a bit early to say for sure, but I am really struggling to think of anything major that I don't like about my Octavia - it would be far easier to contribute to a 'Best aspects' thread :think:

That said, I'll have a go...

I would agree with the getting wet opening the doors (it's got me several times so far).

A couple of the 'convenience' type features are perhaps not so convenient either - the 'teardrop' wipe (front and rear) - while I can see the logic behind it - is a pain in the a**e in this weather...it waits just long enough for the screen to get lightly splattered with more cack before wiping it all over the rest of the window. Still on windows, and not exclusively an Octavia issue, but I had forgotten just how quickly the more vertical rear window of an estate gets filthy compared with a hatchback..cue more 'teardrop' annoyance.

It's probably because I was so used to my previous car, but the having to press the remote button *twice* to open anything other than the drivers door could yet lead to me inadvertantly ripping a door handle clean off.

It's a little irritating that there is no quick way to mute or pause the sound of the Audience radio - I think it's the first in car unit I have ever come across that doesn't have a facility to pause CD playback.

Also strange that there is no warning light for the front fog lights - I know the position illuminates more brightly on the switch but that is hidden very neatly by the steering wheel. And I don't know if it's just a fault with my (soon to be changed) dash panel, but the cruise control warning light doesn't light up either (although the CC works fine).

All pretty minor things really - and I know many of them can be altered by those with the appropriate equipment. Certainly nothing to alter my current opinion that this is the nicest car I have ever owned - and unquestionably the most comfortable to drive :)