Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Have this slight juddering that I can feel through the wheel as well, also mostly when braking coming off motorway (higher speeds). Brakes are all 4 year old ATE with their 'ceramic' pads. Sometimes I wonder what it is too but honestly can't be arsed to do anything about it.
  3. DadoOctavia2020 joined the community
  4. adyp72 joined the community
  5. The rubber "thingy" at the top of your strut is the bump stop.
  6. I don't go by manufacturer's recommendations, I change oil and filter every 7 months ( I do some short journeys) Yep overkill i know but with these modern turbo engines i'm not taking any chances.. And i changed from 0w/20 to 5w/30 approved VW oil as i don't trust 0/20....Oil and filter changes is probably one of the most important things on modern engines.
  7. @Lar What problem needs solving?
  8. Evolution13 started following Dsg reset
  9. Anyone else had any success with self built music streamers? I've had some success with Lyrion Music Server and a mixture of endpoints (Rpi's with DACs (PiCorePlayer) a Dell Wyse 3030lt(Headless Debian 13 running upmpdcli and MPD so - LMS → UPnPBridge → upmpdcli → MPD → HDMI) and Denon S770 (via UpnPBridge). The LMS runs on my Unraid server and delivers a mixture of MP3, flac, dsf. The 3030lt is physically attached to the Denon so it can push multichannel music up the Hdmi (Denon is limited to 2 channels for any other input). This works remarkably well and is able is play 6 ch 192kHz audio. It's not perfect but I think I've managed to get rid of most of the problems and it's been a interesting project and it all is controllable from an App or webpage.
  10. I picked up my Karoq DSG new in July 2026. Ever since, I have felt that the gearbox changes up when it should if i am driving on the flat but doesn't change up quickly enough if I am going uphill. I have to use the flappy paddle on the steering wheel. All of this is in comparison with my previous 1 litre manual Karoq which indicated to me when I needed to change up or down.
  11. Today
  12. @numskull Yes, it was advertised and sold as Cat N, so I was fully aware before purchasing @Berisford It’s really not that deep mate. I bought the car and @Stonechip has offered to fwd the paperwork. Mystery solved
  13. Amorrow01 joined the community
  14. Got a H+R rear sway bar for sale, this came of my2020 Škoda superb 272 4x4 estate, item is like new and only done a 1000 miles, this will fit any mk3 platformed superb 272 or 280 4x4 hatch or estate, cost over £280 and would like somewhere around £160, ideally collection so buyer can see it in person, located in Mansfield Nottinghamshire
  15. There is a couple of concentric bolts on each side at rear. Two at top where swing arms join subframe and two I think lower down. They are adjustable to change rear wheel camber/toe etc as long as there not rusted soild like mine. If the bushing at top or at bottom has failed/worn it might explain the bad tyre wear. Have read its almost like a bearing sound and tyres get shredded on inside face and can show a sawtooth wear on tread. A decent tyre garage should be able to do a four wheel alignment but if the bushing has started to fail it will only solve the problem short term. A lot of tyre services just do the front tracking but Skoda octavia are prone to rear being out of alignment causing uneven tyre wear. Alasdair
  16. Unfortunately this kind of attitude was rife with Ford dealers who I have dealt with in the past which made me switch to Skoda who were much better. But many of the Skoda dealers, particularly the big franchised dealers, seem to have now gone down the same path. Such a shame and no wonder they have poor reputations and cannot be trusted. All they are interested in is maximising their profit at the expense of their customers.
  17. Got a full set of none dcc Bilstein B6 shock absorbers for sale, these have done a max of 1000 miles and are like new, they have come of my 2020 superb 272 4x4 estate, they will fit any mk3 platformed superb 272 or 280 superb hatch or estate, taken of due to car being sold and new car on order, still got boxes they came in, cost £800 and would like somewhere around £550, ideally collection so people can see them in person, located in Mansfield Nottinghamshire
  18. Thank you I’ll go to the garage in the morning and have them checked out I did have the alignment done when they were fit not sure about camber toe adjustment is that something different and would my tyre garage do that?
  19. Curious that 2 x 'new here' members both want the details and service history.......? Puts me in mind of the long lost 'barn find' highlighted in a YouTube urban explorer video recently - at least a dozen requests for a lost V5 were made to the DVLA......?
  20. Oh, my bad, I meant to say that I use Waze/Gmaps, we don't even have the native maps app unlocked where I live. Factory reset - yes I've tried it, also worth to mention that my screen was replaced due to the neverending restarts, but it was a while back.
  21. If you have severe wear on inside of rear tyres it could be the bushing gone in rear swing arms or rear control arm bushes or the camber/toe setting is way out. As they are new tyres I would get it checked out and perhaps a rear or four wheel alignment done. If its way out it wont take long to wreck the new tyres. Alasdair
  22. When you say only wanders when using AA, can you not just use google maps through AA? I get it, it's frustrating when the inbuilt nav drifts, mine has lapsed into it on a couple of occasions but has thankfully righted itself quite quickly. May be a silly question but have you tried performing a factory reset on the infotainment unit? Will require you to sign in again as primary user afterwards, but it can help with small bugs like these
  23. scotthugh3s started following GPS Drifting
  24. Hi, Getting the common GPS drifting issue with my 2022 VRS, I've been told the OCU module is the issue and a dude offered to bypass and pretty much disable the GPS. Is there another trick that can resolve it? disabling android auto permissions didn't work whatsoever. Phone GPS is 100% ok, only drifts when using Android Auto. Unfortunately I'm out of warranty, dealer wants $200 just to test the issue and claims they are not aware of it (though there are talks in FB groups) Would love any help, I'm really lost.
  25. avizaz started following GPS Drifting
  26. klein joined the community
  27. PM sent
  28. To check the alarm siren on mine if I lock car with fob and wait for a few mins then unlock door with key the alarm goes off if I dont put key in ignition within 20secs aprox. You could also leave window down and lock car then wave about inside car through window. If the hazards are flashing but no siren the battery as said in siren has probably failed. It can also trigger alarm if theres any damage to circuit boards in siren due to leaking batteries. Alasdair
  29. Yes the Superb (and certainly earlier) Octavias seem to be consistent people pleasers in the reliability stakes. Good to have that “small” car atm until the current fuel issues calm down .
  30. You mean this one? 2407.PL - Car Parts Store047103727 VAG - Gasket 047 103 727 - price on 2407.PLGasket VAG 047 103 727 - 21 PLN in online store 2407.pl ✅ Good price ✅ Fast shipping ✅ Hotline 8:00-18:00 It's very cheap, usually is changed after few oil changes and some mechanics (meanwhile) put gasket seal.
  31. Oh No, so i have to move on to 15" wheels and different set of tyres?
  32. RAYJAN posted a topic in Karoq Projects
    Delaminated wishbone bushes
  33. RAYJAN started following Skoda karoq
  34. Jev_Fad joined the community
  35. Hi everyone, About 3 months ago I replaced the turbo and front crankshaft oil seal. I had to remove the reduction agent(adblue) pipes to get to places. Now I've noticed it leaking very slightly. 2020 2.0tdi manual. DSRA engine. It's where the two pipes join the injector on top of the exhaust. Is it low pressure? I'm pretty sure the pipes are good and being only 6 years old I expect them to be. Please advise....... Remove, clean and refit. Replace the two short Flexi pipes? Many thanks
  36. Currymunster started following Adblue Leah
  37. Lar replied to Lar's topic in Skoda Fabia Mk4 (2021 > )
    Thanks for your information I'll give that a go see if it solves the problem thanks Derek 👍

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.