Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Even with regular long trips, the battery will frequently not get charged to 100% due to the Smart Charging system reserving battery capacity for regenerative charging.
  3. If the pedal gradually drops under pressure and there are no leaks and your sure theres no air in system its more than likely the seals that have gone on the brake master cylinder. The fluid is probably getting past the seals/bypassing but its not leaking. Daughters peugeot 205gti did exactly the same a few weeks ago. Brakes were a bit soft for a while and then virtually no brakes even if you pumped pedal. Alasdair.
  4. Thanks for that
  5. I’ve just taken delivery of a Reiger diffuser valance. You’re welcome to the standard one that I’m taking off. Seeing as I’m changing my rear bumper (driven into) I’ve actually got 2 - one off my bumper with cutout for dropdown towbar, and one off the donor bumper with no cutout. Just as an option if you wanted to retain the standard look.
  6. Welcome to the forum. Try contacting a specialist tuner near you - or contacting a member of a local Car Club. I'm sure either of these could offer good suggestions for sources.
  7. Warrior193 started following Oil catch can
  8. Does anyone know when the Epiq will be coming into showrooms? I believe that lhd ones should be doing a tour of dealers in the next month or so.
  9. I'd strongly recommend getting the battery fully charged and properly tested before replacing it - and test the alternator output.
  10. Mine does it too and according to my main stealer it’s because the car isn’t used enough to keep the battery fully charged. Bear in mind these days that even if the car isn’t used just sat there it will have something somewhere using a bit of power. I just give mine a 20 to 30 min run every couple of weeks
  11. What type of use does this car get - is it mainly used for short runs? There isn't normally a lot of headspace between the battery SOC level that the smart charge alternator maintains and the SS cut-off level, plus SS won't be available if one, of at least 6-8, operation parameters are not met.
  12. Today
  13. Charging the battery: if this helps only temporarily, replace the battery regardless of age or mileage.
  14. This old chestnut seems to have been a re-occurring theme on BRISKODA forums, with various Skoda models affected although I couldn't see any reports from Mk4 Octavia owners; hence this new topic. I've had my vehicle just over a month now, so it's 10 months old with 6200 on the clock. For the first few days the auto start-stop (ASS) worked as expected, but now, for some reason it never activates. Having read other users reports, it would seem a battery issue may be the likely cause. I've tried driving without any extra drain on the battery i.e. heated steering wheel, air con. etc. but to no avail. I didn't purchase the car from a Skoda dealer, so I'm assuming that all the pre-sale checks carried out by the seller (Cinch) may have included a battery charge as standard.. Have any Mk4 owners experienced this issue and if so was there a successful resolution? Any input would be most welcome before I make a visit to my local Skoda garage. Many thanks in anticipation.
  15. Just to close this thread, I just decides to use the free version spotify on my phone. But thanks for the imput to my query.
  16. Yes, that would be reasonable, but do they actually do it? Even if they do, if they charge it at the actual cost to VWFS that's going to be way less than the dealers retail price so it would still be a good deal. But unless someone has been through this, it's unknown - hence my question.
  17. Well, no you don't. I cancelled the one on our Karoq after 5mths so as to get the cheaper rate in Black Friday offer. I hadn't used any of the elements of the plan. Not only did I not have to pay any extra, after reading of someone who got a refund, I pushed and with much grumpiness they refunded me the 5mths I'd paid as goodwill. Only issue I had is they didn't link the two plans together so it looked like there'd been a 5 mths gap in warranty cover. This meant that the plan showed a 30 day waiting period for the warranty to start. They confirmed to me in email that this was wrong and they would waive it.
  18. @lol-lol 1.4tsi 4x4 manual 5 seat. It's a good combination with none of the DSG or adblue worries and, being 5 seat takes my daughter's wheelchair in the boot with no dismantling of it, or seat folding necessary.
  19. So, had the battery on slow charge for 18-19 hours, Disconnected and fired the car up all warning lights cleared, I have to go out latr, about a 25 mile trip so that should give me an idea if it was just battery base, also a chum is coming round later this morning torun a vcds trial. Will keep you all updated!
  20. Well, after another fiddle yesterday evening, I have resolved but admittedly this is a bit of user error 🫢 I had convinced myself I'd turned off and tested the 'automatic activation' but lo and behold that was the culprit. Thanks for the responses.
  21. Thanks thats a good shout, I didn't know that they came with OEM ones, thanks all @ile7 @Binx1310 @JR RS
  22. I have the RPM Res Delete pipe already fitting, this is for more of a burble at idle along with looking better. Happy to change the rear valance, looking at OE, Maxton or Reiger currently hence why asking about the rear boxes as would like to have those tips, I have looked at multiple different types but thought this might be a good option for appearance and slight noise increase. Supersprint is lovely but very pricey, had a cat back system on my E34 M5, so just seeing about other options.
  23. TBH something like the basic OBD Eleven or similar will pay for itself over time if you want to save some money doing your own servicing or mtce.
  24. Originally yes, but they have a proof of concept working on Skoda. Anyone here interested in having it I wonder?
  25. Hi, anyone in Aus fitted a Catch can to their fabia 2 vrs with parts from Aus? UK parts/ postage is ridiculous.
  26. Forgot to say located near Belper in Derbyshire. Also have both keys.
  27. The 3q2...051h part number is probably just for the rack, minus the track rods and ends. The 5q2...055L probably includes all the bits. You may not be able to buy 'just the rack' as a new part from Skoda, so have been given the part number of what you can buy. Have you seen the 3q2 part number on a physical label on the rack?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.