Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. ...and the winter tyres have just been delivered by DPD. Ordered from MyTyres.co.uk, effectively Delticom of Germany. I've used this company many times and have only ever had one glitch just after Brexit when a pair got lost through customs. They refunded me for the lost pair and we ordered a replacement set. The process is seamless now. I will wait until November and the colder weather, have my dealer mount the tyres onto the rims and fit the valves, balance them etc. Then they can swap them this time just to be sure everything is in order. After that, it becomes a twice yearly project for me and my trolley jack! So far, so good.
  3. The prob appears to be the front offside abs sensor, of which i have one in my garage, just need to find and fit it!
  4. Think there safe enough to use as long as you keep pressure down. I usually use old spare tyre at 10-12psi and have never had any problems and have done quite a few cars brakes including clutches. Generally working by myself so handy for one man bleeding. Reckon on my sons the air bubble was moving back and forward somewhere. Worth a try especially the rear Alasdair
  5. Sorry. As the posts above. Dowhill Farm between Turnberry and Girvan. In and asphalting just completed today. Wind turbine on the hill. Should be long till goes live.
  6. That's about spot on Mine was the same, had it for 8 years Just traded it for a 1.4 suzuki vitara. Believe me, the fabia is frugal compared to this
  7. Progressive has only 2 turns lock to lock, so it's quicker. Doesn't make a massive difference in real world driving.
  8. Today
  9. ooh, I found out it's the 50kW version, so the fastest piece of **** low powered crap of the 1.3L options :P lol. I MAY turbo it one day to make sure the plastic engine breaks, but it briefly does 100bhp :P
  10. I changed from yellow stuff the last time my fronts needed changed, and have blue stuff installed at the minute. They are a far nicer better all round pad. No complaints after several thousand miles. Same solid pedal feel from cold, as they are warm. Consistent braking and easy to modulate. I’ll probably change the rears from yellow to blue when they wear next time, for no other reason other than my wee brain doesn’t like them two different colours 😂.
  11. Anyone know where this nugget of info hides - when I collected our 2024SEL it was displayed on the dash whenever the motor was under light load, popped up there for weeks until I had a play with the various display screens - now it’s gone and despite some very time consuming searches, I can’t get it back………Google AI wrongly claims it’s included with the ‘consumption’ screen……..? Anyone guidance greatly appreciated………
  12. Hi, I accidentally disconnected my shark Ariel on my 2023 Karoq. I reconnected it, everything works fine including the SOS function and DAB radio. But I've got a yellow SOS warning sign and warning symbol on the dash. Can/how can I get rid of the warning light? Thanks Sam
  13. A mere 1.5B barrels it is estimated and even going for those dodgy economic last dregs would not get us past half our current need for oil. Gas is in better shape so pergaps ws should ve looking at more LNG cars like Dacia and a few others do. Also much less polluting the liquid fossil fuel.
  14. Kre joined the community
  15. We did a normal manual bleed with me on the brakes and my dad on the bleed valves. We did this a few times and didn't use a block to limit the pedal travel, which is why we thought we'd damaged the seals. We do have a pressure bleed kit, but couldn't be bothered to find it at the time. I thought that was safer after hearing about the seal problems but I didn't know it was actually more effective.
  16. What about volume of oil getting through Bab-al Mandab Strait?
  17. But we didn't need to be reliant solely on the importation of oil from those areas, did we? I used to work within the oil industry, and we are sitting on some massive oil fields that we should have a major stake in. The profits from that alone would also help to finance your beloved transition from burning fossil fuels to cleaner technologies. The entire world should have known that there was never going to be an everlasting supply of oil to be used as a fuel alone. What they should have been doing is using the profits from that to research other solutions before the supply begins to dry up.
  18. All rubbed down and some prophylactics added :p splish splash And then we find that the new spring kit for the new brakes isn't right. YAY.
  19. Did you manually bleed them or pressure bleed ? Had a problem with air in my sons mk1 rear brake lines. Had changed rear brake cylinders and brakes were slightly soft after bleeding. Tried manual bleeding again but ended up using pressure bleeder and eventually got a bubble of air out. Reckon it was stuck somewhere and needed a good flow of fluid to budge it. Alasdair
  20. Thanks for replying guys. OK, so that can happen that way without fluid leaking from the system. That is good to know. I'll have to try listening to the master cylinder while someone pushes on it. Though with this one I've never have it give absolutely no brakes. I don't think we can get much pedal movement without the servo though, even pushing hard. OK. That's interesting. Isn't the pumping hard with the engine off just depleting the servo vacuum though, nothing to do with compressing the air in the system by ramming more fluid in? There probably is air somewhere in the ABS pump, but won't it only be in the areas to do with ABS that are normally closed except when ABS kicks in? Surely air in those areas shouldn't cause a soft pedal when the entire reason you can't bleed it normally is because those areas are normally locked out by valving? But then you said you did a VCDS bleed and it did fix it, so there must be something I'm missing. I didn't know you could do it with other OBD scan tools. I thought it was only the full VCDS or a registered VCDS lite that you could do it with? I'll have to look into that. We have one of those topdon things but I think it needs extra software for manufacturer specific procedures like that, as I thought other OBD scan apps would. We probably should do a VCDS bleed, but we weren't convinced that was the problem, as the pedal doesn't pump up and wanted to avoid the expense if it was going to be a wild goose chase. Thanks for the input both, though it's still hard to figure out. I suppose it would help if I had previous experience of knowing what each problem feels like. Elliott
  21. https://www.team-bhp.com/news/diy-retrofitting-adaptive-cruise-control-my-2016-skoda-octavia-mk3?amp Try this as a star
  22. There is a 3rd shorter lever for the cruise control. I suspect you need to buy this and the associated wiring loom, then the software update etc Probably easier to buy a car with factory cruise control
  23. It's a small engine. De rate the power (remove tune) and it will probably be fine
  24. I have great news! The issue was caused by a defective oil pressure control valve (N522) that measured an incorrect electrical resistance (0.8 Ohm). After replacing the valve, the fault code is completely gone and the car operates normally.
  25. It is a bit compared to older less highly strung (read less overfueled) engines. I have a 4.2L diesel that does 130hp...but can pull Christ off the Cross all day long and not overheat. All about fuel delivery. Tune for more hp = more fuel = more heat. Needs bigger radiator and oil cooler.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.