Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. I’m convinced the option has been removed by some software update on our 2024 model……..
  3. It’s a while since I noticed it but I’m sure it something like ‘2 Cylinder Mode Active/Deactivated’…….
  4. My colleague had the update done at the dealers but his car is still under warrenty. As this is clearly a SW bug perhaps they would at least start the update for older cars?? Gabbo
  5. Hi imart143! Thanks so much for your help. Managed to find the oil vapour pipe online (Google told me it was also called a crankcase breather hose), but the gas one is proving a bit more difficult. Could anyone provide a link to the right replacement or suggest what else it might be called? Managed to find this which looks similar on eBay…is it that?
  6. Many thanks for all the help from members. Europarts replied they do not have the part in stock but could find it so I advised them to let me know when had found it and I would purchase it. Alas nothing so far. Twinauto have not so far responded to my request. All other European suppliers have not been able to help. At present I am awaiting replies from the two Irish Skoda dealers. Its beginning to look like my only hope will be from reclaimers who may have it but what condition reclaim part are in must be a gamble. I have tried using a couple of Reclaimers but no luck. I am awaiting a reply from Skoda Customers Services as I gave them a considered response to there questionnaire they sent me and I advised them I was unhappy with the fact such an essential item as a part for the braking system was no longer produced was poor after service. As they say I think I am flogging a dead horse!
  7. reinier58 joined the community
  8. Both @NooxygeeN and @Dennn check your PMs for MEN2_EU_SKGPx_P0080L_8755 download link
  9. Hello, I own a Fabia 3 (facelift model) with the 1.0L 110 hp engine and manual transmission, purchased new in 2020; it has covered about 37,000 km. A few weeks ago, a strange noise appeared, seemingly coming from the front of the car. The noise starts to occur after driving for about ten minutes. To me, the volume is clearly noticeable, but not loud enough to be picked up on a recording made with my mobile phone, as it gets drowned out by normal road noise (engine, tires, wind, etc.). It isn't a humming sound; it’s more like a rubbing or friction noise. Once it starts, it remains virtually constant in both volume and pitch: . regardless of vehicle speed (starting from around 20 km/h) . regardless of the gear engaged . whether the car is in gear, coasting (clutch disengaged), or in neutral . it doesn't change when shifting the load—testing by turning/loading the front-left and then front-right sides while driving at 70–80 km/h (I’m lucky enough to have stretches of good road nearby with smooth asphalt and relatively light traffic at certain times). Technicians at my Skoda dealership—where I just had the 6-year service done—said they took it for a test drive and didn't hear anything unusual. They also found no issues with the wheel bearings. The only option they offered was to run a diagnostic check for the tidy sum of €375.00. Before committing to that, I thought I’d check the forum to see if anyone might have an idea what the problem could be. I’ve searched online but haven't found any similar cases. Thanks for reading.
  10. Another one here on a 2021 plate and still receiving the frequent small updates, and no sign of the biggie to fix it. Would be nice if it could be forced. I'm not putting non-official updates on either, these cars are bug-ridden as it is.
  11. How do i confirm this is definitely the correct part for my 2018 octavia vrs 184bhp. Ive read there are different matrix with differen shapes etc Also is this a decent part as quite reasonably priced Mechanic said part from dealers would be £240
  12. I’m pretty certain this thread is no longer about individual versions of the “truth” about electric cars.
  13. Today
  14. Thanks, yes, that looks like the one. I reused the old one with gasket seal as a temporary measure and made sure the nuts were tightened this time - fixed the leak enough to pass the Swedish registration check....
  15. oil evapour, gasoline evapour
  16. Best solution ever: Cut the original plastic retainer prong. Trim flat. Use a temperature controlled soldering iron to insert an M4 hot melt knurled insert. Set the temperature to 250⁰C. Keep on side a water sprayer full of water and tested for proper spaying. Melt the insert using as little vertical force as possible in the position of the prong you cut. When the plastic gives in, prepare to spray water. When the insert is flat with the surface, spray plenty of water on it to cool it. Use an M4 black Torx screw to attach the lanyard.
  17. Rejection has been accepted and all funds to be returned on Monday. Sourced a L&K Superb with only 14000 on the clock
  18. Hi I'm on the verge of buying the above car (2021 plate) and looking to confirm whether the DSG fluid change needs done. My extensive conversation with AI has pointed me to this forum and suggests it definitely needs a change at 40k miles, with the car currently sitting on 46k. I asked the dealer about this and was advised that on this particular model, the manufacturer spec is to change at 75k. This doesn't quite add up with what I've been told through AI but I'm very aware that AI can get it wrong sometimes! AI tells me: "DQ381 (0GC) 7-speed wet-clutch DSG transmission. When the salesperson told you the interval is 75,000 miles, they were quoting a legacy rule or a global metric mistranslation" Could anyone please confirm one way or another so I can confidently challenge this before signing any paperwork? Thanks so much.
  19. Rather than raise this here speak with the garage and ask why there is such a difference?
  20. Thanks for the heads up Bap33! It’s a Kodiaq 1.5 petrol from 2020 ☺️
  21. square12464 joined the community
  22. Coming up to 13 years of ownership from new. The 1.2 tsi Roomie apart from servicing and replacing consumables has only needed an offside headlamp and registration plate bulb. I have had no dash warning lights or any other gremlins. The paint is still in showroom shine and interior showing no signs of wear. I am so reluctant to change it..
  23. Sorry to hear about this ... least you are lucky could reject/return the "new" car. Amazing really .... can they replace it with another unit?
  24. All set up and should be received by the end of next week.
  25. Bugger.....sorry to hear that. Hopefully the replacement head unit arrives soon and u can b back on the road again.
  26. Last post should have read 6885 and 6937 miles and car returned with 8742 miles on it. So like I said at the very least 1500 excessive miles on the car. It would not have have been on more then maybe 7k miles when it was collected.
  27. Ye the AA reoport states she mileage before hand and my own diagnostixs I did before it went in also shows the mileage as well. 8885 on AA report and 8937 on my top Don (11099km) both between the 19th of Sept and 25th Sept before Skoda collected the car. Their previous Superb they were doing a max of 3-4k miles a year as evidenced by the mot history milage. And yes I totally agree it's totally unnaceptable and bot justifiable for road testing purposes. So they have put half my parents yearly mileage on the car in one week which also makes me think they have been potentially lying about what was happening with the car for the whole week. The whole experience with the dealer fobinng me off and not keeping them updated has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I've literally had to chase them daily to get any answers our of the dealer and really give them both barrels down the phone as I live 60 miles away. We are talking about a 88 and 75 year old here, left for a week without a car as mum can't drive at the moment and step dad could not be insured on a hire car, never offered a car from Skoda until I kicked off with them but would have had to sort temp insurance themselves if they could source a car from within the dealer network. I am absolutely livid and so is my brother, my parents are annoyed but kind of happy to finally have the car back, but I'm fed up with them getting a bum deal especially after parting with 27k to the bloody dealership for a 3 month old demo. Knowing them they will acceot any rubbish the dealer tells them and not fight it.
  28. Here u go..... adpmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV blockmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.