All Activity
- Past hour
-
Nobelbali joined the community
-
4x4 Suspension Upgrade
Is it a hatchback or estate? Is it the 150PS version? Does it have DCC (electronically regulated) shock absorbers? Does it have lowered ride height, standard ride height or increased ride height? What springs and shock absorbers does it use? "skoda parts com" can be used to find these parts by parking the car in the online garage using its VIN number...then when the springs and shock absorbers are searched for, only the correct ones are shown. An alternative to using "skoda parts com" is to obtain the car's build codes. There's a seller on ebay that sells the build codes for 3.30 Euros (about £2.80). Search "skoda vin decoder" on ebay.it (the Italian version of ebay) to find the listing. A build code is made up of 3 letters and/or numbers. The car might have around 180 of them, so there are a lot. Each build code tells you something about what the car was fitted with in the factory. By referring to the build codes and the Skoda parts catalogue, it's often possible to work out what springs and shock absorbers the car left the factory with. Search "skoda vin decoder" on ebay.it (the Italian version of ebay) to find this listing https://www.ebay.it/itm/226517872578 If it's an Octavia MK4 2.0TDI 150PS 4x4 estate, the springs might be 5Q0411105GM or 5Q0411105GN front and 5Q0511115BJ rear...based on the Kilen and gknautomotive online spring catalogues. If the car is standard ride height, one option is to fit Bilstein B6 shock absorbers. These cost about £650 for all four shock absorbers, plus the fitting cost. Bilstein B6 shock absorbers have a superior mono-tube design, which is more expensive than the standard twin-tube design...hence their superior performance.
-
Carlston started following 4x4 Suspension Upgrade
- Today
-
Android auto not working
Factory reset on your infotainment would be my first step
-
scotthugh3s started following Android auto not working
-
barn find felicia pickup.
these things had BETTER work. This side was MUCH harder, left hand being weaker i needed help from my lovely neighbour to get the brake lever back on the cable, everything else went reasonably well. I don't look forward to EVER doing this job again, lol.
- Replacement Superb Hatch Struts
-
Cairus started following Replacement Superb Hatch Struts
-
All Season tyres - a new recommendation (225/50/17)
Haven't used them but have considered them and have used other Vredestein products such as the Hytrac, Sportrac 3 and Ultrac Sessanta. All were excellent tyres and good value. Recently though I've used Falken and Goodyear tyres as replacements as the Vredesteins can sometimes be difficult to find.
-
Brake pedal soft but brakes fine. Doesn't pump up, no fluid leak - air in system or master cylinder problem?
See that's exactly what I mean. It's supposed to be corrosion that causes it, and this car had been a long time since it's last fluid change so it is possible (that's probably also what caused the ABS module blockage or valve seizure). But it is also an aluminium master cylinder I thought, so can it corrode that badly even in the presence of moisture? That's basically what my dad said, that he's bled brakes on enough cars before and it's never been a problem, and that isn't all stuff with no servo.
-
Servicing intervals?
Hi, should one get the car serviced according to age, i.e every 12 months or according to mileage, i.e every 15,000 km's or should one follow the periods and mileage as per the info read out on board the vehicle? I am very confused by this!
-
KamiqFrancais started following Servicing intervals?
-
SOS warning light from disconnecting ariel
I have an old OBD dongle which links to an app on my phone. A garage did have a go at clearing it with a more advanced scanner (was getting a new windscreen and the fitter did it off his own back), cleared it, but it came back a minute later. So I'm thinking I need the most advanced scanner/software to clear it.
- SOS warning light from disconnecting ariel
-
Replacement Superb Hatch Struts
Hi. I have a 2019 Skoda Superb iV hatchback and the gas struts seem to be losing their strength. These are the non electric ones. I'm looking to replace these myself and just looking for a bit of advice if you could. How easy is it to replace them? Any recommendations for the best place to buy them. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
-
Robster59 started following Replacement Superb Hatch Struts
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
No its better than standard imo. I was surprised at how nice it was
-
All Season tyres - a new recommendation (225/50/17)
I've been a Michelin Cross Climate fan for years, but decided to save some money this time, having watched the latest YouTube 'Tyre Reviews' video of all season tyres. The Vredestein Quatrac Pro + came second ahead of pricier rivals. They were £91 each from Camskill (plus carriage and local fitting), so £115 each all in, compared with £154 the best fitted price I could find near me for Cross Climate 3s. So £150 cheaper a set for very good tyres. So far so good. Will report back. Anyone else using them?
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
Ok, you dont find the ride too firm? I'm considering b8+eibach pro or b6 with oe-specced eibach replacement line springs. Its my daily so wouldnt want too firm ride.
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Was that going down Telegraph Hill by any chance ? Been there, done that! Its exactly what you'd expect from the DSG. 75mph in 6th is no-where near max rpm , so when you brake, the DSG will change from 7th to 6th to apply engine braking.
-
NottsIan started following Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
Its B8 shocks and sportline springs. Drives really well. I have 15mm spacers on aswell
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Not something I've done but YouTube has a number of videos. Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etr7sKMgf1A For what it's worth, mine changes up around 2k, just like the herbert in the video is complaining about!
-
New Member
Hi, best wishes to all. I have owned many, many cars but up until February of this year I had never owned a Skoda. I now have a Skoda Kamiq that I find to be a good match for me at this point in time. Have joined the forum as I have some questions regarding servicing that, although most probably general to most models, I will put in the Kamiq section, and I am sure I will be looking for further help as time goes by! Many thanks in advance .
-
KamiqFrancais started following New Member
-
1.6 TDi Greenline glow plug replacement
When I changed a glow plug, I sprayed it when hot and cold with WD40 specialist penetrant for about 3 weeks leading up to being brave enough to try taking it out. https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/wd-40-specialist-penetrant-400ml-542771790?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=610675635&utm_content=70461851759&utm_term=&type=shopping&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=610675635&gbraid=0AAAAAD1aCJiCH00Nb1y-9oNagakWazLWg&gclid=CjwKCAjwifjVBhBKEiwAYx4K9Gr4esDsqkYF07vtj-SUlNoa99sUK64kWpMgQefPCrCN5MJdWU_ttRoCb-IQAvD_BwE It came out ok but took quite a bit of force (And bravery) to crack it initially. But they can be very hit and miss!
-
Binx1310 started following 1.6 TDi Greenline glow plug replacement
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Thanks Rbz5416, excuse my ignorance but how do you do that?
-
Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
I bought them from Eurocarparts (UK) but you can search the Brembo website based on your exact car - mine is 190 TDI FWD Estate. I got the Prime model. https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/skoda-superb-iii-estate-3v5-2-0-tdi/000115168-1
-
Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
Do you have any references which exactly model/type disks you used for replacement?
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
Glad you got it sorted out. How do you find the ride with new parts and bilstein eibach combo? Is it the bilstein b12 kit with b8 shocks and eibach pro springs? Im also thinking of replacing/upgrading my shocks and springs but still havent decided. Also with the fuel prices skyrocketing it doesnt make me feel good throwing much money in the old but reliable diesel Vrs.
-
Jo88Mak started following Octavia VRS rear end issues
-
Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
I was the same. Changing back discs and pads didn’t cure it but fronts did. All brembo parts used. Remember to clean and lubricant the slider pins. This should be the proper ate grease for the fronts. Not copper slip.
-
Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
Hi yes I had the issue, I changed all 4 disks and pads with brembos now it’s all ok
-
KamiqFrancais joined the community
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
Thanks for replies guys All sorted. Ended up being the lower toe control arm on driver side. The inner bolt had worked its way loose. Supposedly all checked when alignment was done. But all good now