Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Some owners who have a Superb MK3 with increased ride height have complained about poor handling. I suggest you first try 3Q0511115P rear springs, such as Eibach R21706. The 3Q0511115P rear spring should lift the rear of the unladen car up a little bit, but won't sag anywhere near as much when weight is added to the rear of the car...such as rear passenger and/or their luggage. Compared to the 3Q0511115P rear spring, the 3Q0511115AS rear spring should lift the rear of the car up by 10mm....whether unladen or with weight in the rear of the car. To make sure the ride is still comfortable when there's not much weight in the car, it's better to use 16" or 17" wheels, rather than the harder riding 18" or 19" wheels. My preference would be 215/60R16 6.5Jx16 ET41 or 215/55R17 6.5Jx17 ET41. The 215/55R17 6.5Jx17 ET41 is actually the winter tyre option suitable for snow chains, but it will ride slightly better than the more usual 7Jx17 ET40 rims on the Superb MK3. Eibach R21706 rear springs (matches 3Q0511115P) (standard ride height) Length 357mm Wire diameter 13.5mm Number of coil turns 8.3 https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/3q0511115p?supplier%5B%5D=112 Eibach R22930 rear springs (matches 3Q0511115AS) (increased ride height) Length 367mm Wire diameter 13.5mm Number of coil turns 8.3 https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/3q0511115as?supplier%5B%5D=112
  3. But not one most people can afford just on a whim or with immediate effect just because petrol and diesel prices have gone up for a few months... You really don't get the fact that many people are not in your privileged position... I do and can sympathise.
  4. Had this on a Lexus 11+ years ago - my first car with DAB. I don’t think the Lexus dealers had much experience either, as they couldn’t fix it. It was only after i removed the dashcam when i changed cars that i found out what the problem had been… Funny thing is, the same camera and wiring was put into my next car (Volvo), and has been in my Octavia for over 5 years now with no problem!
  5. OK and with the 4k dealer contribution and all the benefits of having a new car ie warranty, lower starting road tax. Offer of cheap servicing deal it looks to be the better choice and the one I continually make ie new over a car of a few years old. Škoda Car Finance Calculator | Car Loan Calculator | Škod...
  6. I live in Northern Ireland so if I can help let me know 👍 Of the three links I sent you above, the first two have now been discontinued and/or removed from the site... wonderful. Your email must have triggered them to check their stock. Fingers crossed 🤞the remining website (twinauto) have it. They deliver to other countries, outside of Latvia, so that's promising.
  7. So, the Scala went into the garage yesterday morning. A couple of hours later, I took the call - no faults found, and no mechanical issues with the cables or linkages. Given the symptoms we had written down, alongside their experience with 1.0 tsi engines, they suggested that the clutch master cylinder was the most likely cause of the problem - especially given that it was intermittent but seemingly becoming more frequent. This matched with our own online research (as well as Alasdair's comments). They were at pains to say that they couldn't guarantee it would fix the problem - which was fair enough - but we went ahead with the replacement. Picked up this afternoon - I'll keep this post updated.
  8. I agree but that new Enyaq quote that you seem to have ignored was at 2.9% not 10%...
  9. As I said anyone paying 10% interest rate is stoopid or in a sad place. I illustrated the alternatives of paying large amounts of compound interest by using the manufacturer's generous/ desperate schemes or a bank just not a crappy finance deal where you are paying £5k interest as well as not having the manufactures 3 / 5 / 7 /8 warranty. One route is smart ie bew is smart, other route, not so much when compared.
  10. Right... A new base spec enyaq on PCP... £7.5k customer deposit plus £4k contribution, 48 months at £385 per month with another £13.5k to pay at the end to actually own the car and have something at the end of all those payments... 2.9% interest rate Hardly £150 a month with minimal up front or final costs.
  11. My car has something over 90K Km, most of it highway, so I don't expect it to have been sufficiently exposed to be at near-term risk of failure, so I haven't reached out to a dealer as yet (let's just say that y'all in the UK, etc probably have better dealer and official Skoda garage experiences than we tend to here in Spain). I checked the Skoda international and the Skoda Spain recall campaigns websites, which don't (yet) find anything for my car. I'll give it a bit more time. ¡Cualquier lado donde yo asiento es el correcto!
  12. I didn't ask about your personal circumstances I asked for specific examples...???
  13. Today
  14. So my parents 1.0 TSI DSG kamiq 24 plate had a gearbox warning come up. Ex Demo bought at 3 months old. Called out Skoda assistance who sent the AA out. Diagnosed gearbox module issue. Booked into Listers Skoda Coventry for investigation and rectification. They had the car for a full week with me chasing them every day for updates on what they are doing to rectify it and return the car. Kept telling me a softwate uodate had been done and not fixed it. And were waiting for further advice from Skoda Technical. Basically just telling me anything they fancied leaving my elderly parents without a car for a whole week, that's a long story in itself. So I finally got them to tell me today the car was fixed and a software update had now finally resolved the issue. They have not charged then for collecting and returning the car and have cleaned the car and dropped it off. However the car had a max of 7k miles on it when they picked it up,it now has 8742 miles on so they have put 1700+ miles on the car. I accept there sometimes needs to be road tests done but would you accept 1700+ miles being added to your car without your express permission for an extended road test period if it was justifiably needed.
  15. You would not pay much more for a new one and probably save on repairs. Skoda are doing 2.9% interest rate and £4k contribution currently. Banks are offering finance at 5.9% APR. Some of these deal on cars of a few years old are just horrendous. Dealers are desperate to get EV sales done in Q4 to avoid the £15k per car penalty for not selling enough ie the mandated percentage of EVs. They will bend over double together the sale are deals area better than getting a car a few years old I have found. Got my 5 on 0% APR, extra £1k discount, service contract for £9 a month. Currently paying £85 a month but had to put down an £8k deposit as Renault went from 30% to 40% to qualify for 0% APR but just i needed to move part of my tax free lump sum or pay tax on the interest it would have earnt so easy decesion. Currently paying 4.9% on my Scenic PCP which i thought was painfully when BoE interest rates were falling but now the world is in turmoil with the consequences of high oil prices 4.9% does not sound so bad. Still i would like to change my 2 year old Scenic as the model is substantially better. LFP battery so can charge to 100% all the time. 7 KWh more battery capacity, much cheaper batterues meaning the car should be undef £30k and under quite a bit under £400 pm with no deposit. If finance offer was 5.9 % or more might be a bit of a depisot in but it all should be less than I am paying now as EVs tend to get cheaper every year to buy and even cheaper to run.
  16. Servicing depends on whether you want to keep the car or move on quickly. We normally keep cars if they are not immediately a problem. My daughter has just bought a Kamiq from 2020. It had been regularly serviced..... One of the first things I did was to reduce the service / oil change interval to 9000M from the variable. I would not service a car at a year regardless, but the 9000 will be at about 1 - 1.5 years. Oil does not go off by just sitting in the oil sump as it will not in a 5L canister. I cannot prove this but kind of believe that long change intervals with high mileage lead to lots of sludge in the whole engine. Sludge does not lubricate.
  17. 26DIPP started following Servicing intervals?
  18. Just be very careful when using any toothbrush on painted car surfaces - my 2011 Audi S4 came to me at just over 2 years old, and slight dark lines at the base of the spokes on its 19" double 7 spoke alloys - that, I think, was caused by "gentle" use of a toothbrush on them to remove brake dust.
  19. Jonatanx8 joined the community
  20. Hello again! Things are going well with getting my fabia back to great condition! however when im driving over bumpy roads and or under 2000RPM I am hearing some vibrations coming from the dash When i apply pressure here (circled in red) the vibration is subdued or stops entirely Additionally some of the panels for the AC controls can be wiggled about a bit, dunno if thats related or just the tolerances of the panels Should I try to disassemble the dash to see what is going on underneath? If so, are there instructions or a tutorial I can follow so i can take that part of the dash off? Thanks again!
  21. I've had an Enyaq 85 SE L for about 2 weeks now, and the Skoda Connect with Android is, let's say, "patchy". Most of the time it connects and seems stable, but it can be slow to do so, and you're let already driving when you find it decides its not going to connect which is really annoying. I have a OnePlus phone (Android 16) - these do not have Wifi charging, so I have taken to just plugging it in now, which is reliable, and of course, it charges. Its a pity as I was looking forward to wireless Android Auto which wasnt available on my previous (non-Skoda) car. The Infotainment system - for playing media, at least - has some issues -Not necessarily "bugs", perhaps "omissions". For example, music always starts playing from the first thing on my stored music, and I am getting very fed up with ABBA in Spanish now! Its particularly annoying as I mainly listen to audiobooks in the car and it will not pick up where it left of. Of course, playing these through Android Auto will solve that... but I have storage I'd like to use. Incidentally, the dealer told me the Enyaq is a 2027 build. I don;t know the software version, but I could get it, if it is useful. I'm hoping these things will be sorted out. Manufacturers really have got to be proactive with software updates if so much of the car tech relies on this stuff. Gone are the days when a SatNav map update would be all you got, and that perhaps once a year if you were lucky!
  22. AFAIK, it's a global system. Affected vehicles seem to be a lot of LHD German cars, which mean it's likely more LHD European models too. Have you got in touch with your local dealer? Deberías sentarte en el lado correcto del coche ;) I think this means 'only' 70 vehicles have had the bolt actually fail, rather than needing it replaced.
  23. I can't actually believe I am posting about bent plastic toothbrushes but.....whatever.... I have opted for a 45deg bend to the shaft and it seems okay, as per the photos. I will see how I get on when I do the next wash. Rome wasn't built in a day!
  24. Oh. That VWHub is UK/right-hand particular? Or is it global, and could be searched for ex-UK/ left-hand drive vehicles affected in other countries? (I'm in Spain. I sit on the wrong side of my car :-) ).
  25. My BMW 740 Sport has "hydraulic" engine mounts that eventually lose the fluid which is actually more like a gel. The engine then drops onto the cross-member with consequent 'orrible vibration. Should be an easy swap, unlike the BMW which are a b*gg*r to get at because of the exhausts....
  26. Unless it’s a UK-registered LHD Octavia/Superb/Karoq/Kodiaq, I do not believe so, no. It’s LHD only seemingly, which explains why there has been limited news over here.
  27. Left hand drive vehicles only - so no recall expected in the UK, Australia,New Zealand, India, ...
  28. "Number of vehicles affects: 70 - correct at the time of publication" ?! 😅
  29. So UK vehicles not affected by this recall ?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.