All Activity
- Past hour
- CarPlay crackling issue, software update fix?
-
Fabia 3 1.0 110 strange noise
Hello, I own a Fabia 3 (facelift model) with the 1.0L 110 hp engine and manual transmission, purchased new in 2020; it has covered about 37,000 km. A few weeks ago, a strange noise appeared, seemingly coming from the front of the car. The noise starts to occur after driving for about ten minutes. To me, the volume is clearly noticeable, but not loud enough to be picked up on a recording made with my mobile phone, as it gets drowned out by normal road noise (engine, tires, wind, etc.). It isn't a humming sound; it’s more like a rubbing or friction noise. Once it starts, it remains virtually constant in both volume and pitch: . regardless of vehicle speed (starting from around 20 km/h) . regardless of the gear engaged . whether the car is in gear, coasting (clutch disengaged), or in neutral . it doesn't change when shifting the load—testing by turning/loading the front-left and then front-right sides while driving at 70–80 km/h (I’m lucky enough to have stretches of good road nearby with smooth asphalt and relatively light traffic at certain times). Technicians at my Skoda dealership—where I just had the 6-year service done—said they took it for a test drive and didn't hear anything unusual. They also found no issues with the wheel bearings. The only option they offered was to run a diagnostic check for the tidy sum of €375.00. Before committing to that, I thought I’d check the forum to see if anyone might have an idea what the problem could be. I’ve searched online but haven't found any similar cases. Thanks for reading.
-
FabiaDrive125 started following Fabia 3 1.0 110 strange noise
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Another one here on a 2021 plate and still receiving the frequent small updates, and no sign of the biggie to fix it. Would be nice if it could be forced. I'm not putting non-official updates on either, these cars are bug-ridden as it is.
-
Octavia Heater Matrix
How do i confirm this is definitely the correct part for my 2018 octavia vrs 184bhp. Ive read there are different matrix with differen shapes etc Also is this a decent part as quite reasonably priced Mechanic said part from dealers would be £240
-
aidy55 started following Octavia Heater Matrix
-
the truth about electric cars
I’m pretty certain this thread is no longer about individual versions of the “truth” about electric cars.
-
Felicia 1.3 mpi oil leak
Thanks, yes, that looks like the one. I reused the old one with gasket seal as a temporary measure and made sure the nuts were tightened this time - fixed the leak enough to pass the Swedish registration check....
-
Can anyone help identify these hoses/parts
oil evapour, gasoline evapour
-
imart143 started following Can anyone help identify these hoses/parts
- Today
-
2.0 Petrol Estate vs 1.5PHEV Estate?
So nobody has an opinion?
-
Petrol Cap Tether (Restraining Strap)
Best solution ever: Cut the original plastic retainer prong. Trim flat. Use a temperature controlled soldering iron to insert an M4 hot melt knurled insert. Set the temperature to 250⁰C. Keep on side a water sprayer full of water and tested for proper spaying. Melt the insert using as little vertical force as possible in the position of the prong you cut. When the plastic gives in, prepare to spray water. When the insert is flat with the surface, spray plenty of water on it to cool it. Use an M4 black Torx screw to attach the lanyard.
-
OrcaPilot started following Petrol Cap Tether (Restraining Strap)
-
Changing Cars
Rejection has been accepted and all funds to be returned on Monday. Sourced a L&K Superb with only 14000 on the clock
-
Estate vRS 2.0 TSI 245 PS DSG - fluid change or not
Hi I'm on the verge of buying the above car (2021 plate) and looking to confirm whether the DSG fluid change needs done. My extensive conversation with AI has pointed me to this forum and suggests it definitely needs a change at 40k miles, with the car currently sitting on 46k. I asked the dealer about this and was advised that on this particular model, the manufacturer spec is to change at 75k. This doesn't quite add up with what I've been told through AI but I'm very aware that AI can get it wrong sometimes! AI tells me: "DQ381 (0GC) 7-speed wet-clutch DSG transmission. When the salesperson told you the interval is 75,000 miles, they were quoting a legacy rule or a global metric mistranslation" Could anyone please confirm one way or another so I can confidently challenge this before signing any paperwork? Thanks so much.
-
square12464 started following Estate vRS 2.0 TSI 245 PS DSG - fluid change or not
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Rather than raise this here speak with the garage and ask why there is such a difference?
-
sussamb started following Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
-
Can anyone help identify these hoses/parts
Thanks for the heads up Bap33! It’s a Kodiaq 1.5 petrol from 2020 ☺️
-
-
square12464 joined the community
-
So good
Coming up to 13 years of ownership from new. The 1.2 tsi Roomie apart from servicing and replacing consumables has only needed an offside headlamp and registration plate bulb. I have had no dash warning lights or any other gremlins. The paint is still in showroom shine and interior showing no signs of wear. I am so reluctant to change it..
-
Changing Cars
Sorry to hear about this ... least you are lucky could reject/return the "new" car. Amazing really .... can they replace it with another unit?
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
All set up and should be received by the end of next week.
-
How-to Guide to Upgrade MIB2 to MIB2.5
Bugger.....sorry to hear that. Hopefully the replacement head unit arrives soon and u can b back on the road again.
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Last post should have read 6885 and 6937 miles and car returned with 8742 miles on it. So like I said at the very least 1500 excessive miles on the car. It would not have have been on more then maybe 7k miles when it was collected.
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Ye the AA reoport states she mileage before hand and my own diagnostixs I did before it went in also shows the mileage as well. 8885 on AA report and 8937 on my top Don (11099km) both between the 19th of Sept and 25th Sept before Skoda collected the car. Their previous Superb they were doing a max of 3-4k miles a year as evidenced by the mot history milage. And yes I totally agree it's totally unnaceptable and bot justifiable for road testing purposes. So they have put half my parents yearly mileage on the car in one week which also makes me think they have been potentially lying about what was happening with the car for the whole week. The whole experience with the dealer fobinng me off and not keeping them updated has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I've literally had to chase them daily to get any answers our of the dealer and really give them both barrels down the phone as I live 60 miles away. We are talking about a 88 and 75 year old here, left for a week without a car as mum can't drive at the moment and step dad could not be insured on a hire car, never offered a car from Skoda until I kicked off with them but would have had to sort temp insurance themselves if they could source a car from within the dealer network. I am absolutely livid and so is my brother, my parents are annoyed but kind of happy to finally have the car back, but I'm fed up with them getting a bum deal especially after parting with 27k to the bloody dealership for a 3 month old demo. Knowing them they will acceot any rubbish the dealer tells them and not fight it.
-
Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback – power tailgate won't open/close – VCDS diagnosis
Here u go..... adpmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV blockmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV
- Yesterday
-
Emission warning on. 240 mile m'way trip tomorrow?
Update: Emission warning light came again today on 10mile trip & has stayed on. Calling mechanic on Monday.
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
I'd say more than 240 miles a day for testing is totally unacceptable! Do you have any proof of Odo reading before it went in?
-
Warrior193 started following Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
-
ABS Long Code Help
Completely normal behavior.
-
Cairus started following ABS Long Code Help
- CarPlay crackling issue, software update fix?
-
Dennn started following CarPlay crackling issue, software update fix?
- My car's in a bad way