Infotainment System Restarting endlessly

Mine still crashed even with 1941 and new hardware installed. Absolute bag of s…e the mk4 is. I started getting headlamp lighting errors as well with the later software. This has been the worst car I’ve ever bought, so much so I rejected the car over the past month with Skoda buying it back off me last week, clearing my finance and full a refund of my previous PX cars cash value deposit. Only 5 months old. Glad we still have a mk3.5 VRS on the drive as it’s a superior platform entirely. 

Edited by Towelie

Went in for a service to Skoda Edinburgh west  yesterday . All updated as requested and a very good all round customer experience. 

Will certainly be giving 5 Stars on the feedback! 

reboots gone and sat nav now 23.7 

all good 

• Like 2

Hi.. thank you for link..

Update was smoth..  all went OK..

Just for others.. maybe before update turn Climate to OFF. For me it started in the middle of update, which can drain Accu. much faster.. but my car survived 👍

Also after update new SW update was instantly found and installed.

20230730_125633.jpg

20230730_125708.jpg

20230730_125724.jpg

20230730_125754.jpg

Some pictures..

20230730_131020.jpg

20230730_131149.jpg

20230730_131155.jpg

20230730_131242.jpg

Edited by sdolenec
  • Like 3

Overal now infortaiment is much much faster than on 1896, no restart for now 🤞 and all custom MOD settings stayed untoched (video on move, VR screen, etc)..

Edited by sdolenec

On 29/07/2023 at 13:04, Towelie said:

Glad we still have a mk3.5 VRS on the drive as it’s a superior platform entirely

No, it's not.

You were bad luck to get a car with something broken, and dealership couldn't fix it. That's it.

Yes, there were quite many issues with O4, but mostly software related and fixed now.

There are cases, where software upgrades do not fix the problems, but those are rare and are not related to platform as such.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 31/07/2023 at 11:06, dbskomo said:

I see that the firmware file is now available on MIB solution under MOI3 so everybody can freely download it there. 😎 Use guest twice to log in. 

Thanks for sharing!

Just wondering for those who downloaded/applied the update: did you use file MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941 or MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941_SK20230615S?

Hello Everyone,

Now one full month and 3800 k since the update 
Except for the 2 (unusual) restarts when trying to zoom in on the map while 4+ hrs into a drive, I haven't had any other restart.
Cannot tell in all fairness if the system is more responsive, as reported by other users here, but, overall, looks and feels stable 

Thanks again to the OP for this update (that unfortunately Skoda is unable to push consistently)
It is a shame that nowadays it has become norm that software is released un-optimized and pooly tested, leaving it to us, consumers, to be the Guinea pigs and the "de facto" beta testers for the suppliers.

Edited by OftiK
  • Love it! 1

3 hours ago, SteelSniffy said:

Thanks for sharing!

Just wondering for those who downloaded/applied the update: did you use file MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941 or MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941_SK20230615S?

MOI3_EU_SK_R9410L MU1941 is what I installed