All Activity
- Past hour
-
the truth about electric cars
So more articles on fuel and China banning exports and then Car Dealer magazine on the rush to buy ev,s but dealers not wanting trade in ice,s. Maybe so.
-
Driver's Door Electrics
Yep. I'd agree, my 2014 had some issues with the locking, found several broken wires and wires with insulation cracked. DIY repair if you are comfortable messing about with wires/soldering etc. I suspect the passenger door and boot lid going the same way unfortunately...age, repeated bending/stretching and material quality all an issue here.
-
TasMan started following Driver's Door Electrics
-
Subarugd8 joined the community
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Mine is a 25 & has no over-revving, except when using engine braking to keep the ACC on the limit when going down hill. If the demonstrator does it as well then maybe whoever uses it at the dealership has a leaden right foot. As I said previously, try a reset of the DSG.
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
Might be worth getting someone to follow you on a straight flat road and see if the car is dipping on one corner at rear when accelerating. If it is then maybe swap shocks around and see if it moves to the other side. Before swapping might be worth loosening and retightening bolts in case one side has been tightened when off the ground. Made that mistake on my mk2 as I was tired and the car was a few cm higher on one side. From memory its the shock bolts and wheel end of swing arm.
-
Alasdair1 started following Octavia VRS rear end issues
-
Driver's Door Electrics
Broken wires in driver's door bellows. Super common.
-
Driver's Door Electrics
My 2011 Superb Elegance has developed a weird fault with some electrical features, but just on the driver's door: Central locking works on all doors - except the driver's door Left (passenger side) door mirror can be adjusted from door control, but not the driver's door. The driver's door mirror does not heat up or fold in. I've checked the fuses but they are all OK, but I can't understand how one fuse could be responsible without affecting the other linked electricals. Does anyone have any ideas regarding this? Thanks in advance.
-
JohnnyRich started following Driver's Door Electrics
-
barn find felicia pickup.
The bloody drama continues apace but I'm too weak to get the springs in any of the right places, hahaha. Will deffo get these brakes back on in the end. This is improving stuff, it is. I read back through this thread and it's picked me up a bit, this truck has been on a long journey but it's all moving in the right direction.
-
Question Related Instrument Cluster/Trip Computer
I will be able to test my car in 2-3 weekes. I will share my experiences.
- Today
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
I drove a Karoq SEL DSG demonstator a couple of years ago and Im certain the gear changes felt entirely different to my edition model I own now.The changes are nice and smooth but the car revs far to much for my liking. I suspect some changes have been made at tthe factory for some bizarre reason. It bothered my so much I tried my dealers new demonstrator to see if was the same as mine and it was. Mine also displays M when using the paddles and I definitely wasnt in sport mode when it changed down
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
What are your tyres like? Were they on the car before the work's been done? - just wondering if they've been previously subject to odd wear, that's now mis-matched with the new set up? Gaz
-
Cyco started following DSG DQ200 service information
-
DSG DQ200 service information
Hello everyone, Like so many before me I question so called sealed for life items like the DSG gearbox, I migrated from a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Mercedes 2.7L and that was supposedly also a sealed unit but not many drivers trusted that recommendation. So i came across this site when researching the issue and has alot of useful information, it’s a German site but you can just translate in the browser or with other translation apps if required. Enjoy KFZ DietrichVW DSG 7-Gang DQ200 Ölwechsel – Intervall und AblaufDSG DQ200 Ölwechsel beim Golf 7, Audi A3 oder Skoda Octavia: Welches Öl, welcher Wechselintervall und warum ODIS Adaption-Reset nach dem Service Pflicht ist.
-
the truth about electric cars
Andy Burngam mp / Pm and ministers announcing so much, hinting at si nuch. But this country is England mostly, they just forget to say England only as do bbc anx sky. If all of UK then they need to say that. Heating oil support in Scotland expanded. But You and yours on Radio 4 yesterday seemed unaware. As with so many things. English Broadcasting corporporation. Stay Warm Discount Core group England and Wales different from Core group Scotland or Broader Group. Solar or Charger grants different by 4 nations of the UK.
-
1.6 TDi Greenline glow plug replacement
I would reconsider the glow plug grease. You'll get mixed reports if you should use it. It comes out of the factory without and using it changes torque settings. I did one recently and was prepared for the worst, but once cracked, it was finger tight. I did leave it soaking in wd40 for a few days though. You can use a multimeter to check it for continuity first, just in case it’s the cable: Congrats on it not being cylinder 3 btw.
- SOS warning light from disconnecting ariel
- SOS warning light from disconnecting ariel
-
Octavia VRS rear end issues
I wonder whether the suspension was allowed to settle with the car's full weight on the wheels before all the bolts were tightened?
-
SwallownAmazon started following Octavia VRS rear end issues
-
Selling my beloved 2014 Skoda Superb Estate 1.8 TSI Elegance DSG Euro 5 5dr Panoramic roof
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202609176127163?sort=relevance&searchId=b1186a20-63ca-4c54-ab5b-808a156f68a2&aggregatedTrim=Elegance&body-type=Estate&make=Skoda&model=Superb&page=1&postcode=SE22+0BB&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&fromsra=&backLinkQueryParams=body-type%3DEstate%26make%3DSkoda%26model%3DSuperb%26postcode%3DSE22%25200BB%26radius%3D1500%26aggregatedTrim%3DElegance%26saved-search-id%3D8a4293fe9c0f9707019c33ab77794c45%26flrfc%3D1&calc-deposit=1000&calc-term=48&calc-mileage=10000&calc-selected-product=PCP
-
- SOS warning light from disconnecting ariel
-
Chrismk joined the community
-
majorelectro joined the community
- SOS warning light from disconnecting ariel
-
Warrior193 started following SOS warning light from disconnecting ariel
-
harmonic humming at motorway speeds
Good call. I have had the geometry done not too long ago (for a completely different reason), but I'll perhaps go back and get it done again. Tyres have no wear issues. I've even switched from 4-season to summers and back - no change.
-
harmonic humming at motorway speeds
Yes, cross-climates, very new. I've also fairly recently had the geometry aligned at all corners, can't remember if the noise was there at all before that. However, I have two sets of wheels, one with summer tyres, switching between them annoyingly made no difference.
-
Silver900 joined the community
-
harmonic humming at motorway speeds
Wheel bearings are though, but maybe not to the extent of noticing whatever level of wear may be genertaing the noise. I am confident in the thoroughness of my MOT garage.
-
the truth about electric cars
But it is how it works for you, sadly there many others who do not share your particular circumstances or your luck. Many live in rented accommodation so the cost is is a total burden to them. As to increasing the value of your home, that is debatable, it's only an asset if the buyer has a need of a charger, or it is not out of date at time of selling the house.
-
Facelift steering wheel
As far as I remember 0 yes, unless you instal the one with paddles.
-
UK Public Charger Network & price increases as they are announced. Please post here as you become aware of any changes in the costs.
Yes, which is a backward step from the summer price of 59p for all (with a further discount for Electroverse users).