All Activity
- Past hour
-
vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
My experience with a previous Kodiaq L&K was quite different. The vented seats on that car when turned to max got cold very quickly, so quickly that it didn't take long for me to turn them down, even on very hot summer days. Given the weather most months in the UK vented seats are not exactly a must have.
-
Colin1051 started following vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
-
How To - Reverse Camera Fitting Guide
Hi. I have Skoda Scala 2020. I bought geniune rear camera for my car from skoda-parts. There is a fitting instructions in my order. I have a question for connectivitiy cables. I connected cable in blue socket thats ok. But now how i will other cables apply which socket because fitting instructions shows BCM to apply other cables or do i need canbus cable like i add attachment? Because there is no canbus cable in my parcel. I find BCM location and i know C socket. Please anyone tell me which one canbus pin cables? Or send me picture or like that. Thank you.
-
iskoc0636 started following How To - Reverse Camera Fitting Guide
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
Think I have settled on Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 205/55 R17 V (95), the variant that has an A rating for both fuel efficiency and wet braking. I've got my local Tyre fitter, who is 2 minutes away, to do all four tyres for £500, which doesn't seem bad. Here's a link for the specific tyre: https://www.blackcircles.com/brands/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance-2/205-55-r17-v-95?tyre=48109058
-
How do I save the settings?
This, and as somebody who this summer took delivery of a brand new Kodiaq after test driving a multitude of other manufacturers (a special mention to Kia who make it infuriating, with the settings buried behind 4x menus!), the ADAS systems on Skoda aren't anywhere near as intrusive as other brands. 2x (or 3x if you want lane assist off also) quick presses of a button on the steering wheel and it's off. No rooting around menus. We have it easy.
-
Windy-Miller started following How do I save the settings?
-
P30603P update file
You need 308, not 306. 308 supports almost all previous versions as you can see here Pretty sure you can get it from mibsolution as well but if not I have a mega link with a version here. once you go to 308 you can springboard straight o v332 which is the latest version widely available. We're on the cusp of v334 coming out but that hasn't been uploaded anywhere I can see
- Fabia MK2 RS Owner Australia
-
Hortiguy started following Fabia MK2 RS Owner Australia
-
vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
This is correct, hence me going for the suite option. Just to put this to bed, my dealer finally got another vRS into stock with the vented seats, and they are exactly the same as mine. So in short, it's nice to have the leather(ette), but if you want powerful vented seats then don't bother, they're crap.
-
Software upgrade
There is. What version do you have at the moment? Go to Menu, Settings, then System then scroll to the bottom for Software Version or something like that. And do you have twisty knobs (Amundsen) or just touch screen buttons (Columbus)?
-
the truth about electric cars
Again, you are not talking about the UK; we just don't have or will have the infrastructure to allow those trucks to become more common here, for sometime to come. I do accept, however, that for some companies and scenarios an EV could be the best solution for them, but for now, it is not a direct one-for-one swap. Also, tests done by various organisations here in the UK have shown that EV vans just cannot compete on the longer trips or those that are heavily loaded, with their ICE counterparts. Note, I'm not talking about last-mile delivery vans like those used by Royal Mail or other such companies, i.e., Amazon, DPD, etc., all of which may well appear to be fully laden if you look inside them, but the fact is that many of these cardboard boxes contain a smaller blister-packed item, surrounded by bubble wrap or other such protection. I have friends who work in council technical services, etc., and they report that their council trialled some EV vans, of the same type as their existing ICE ones. These EVs were quickly rejected; they could not complete a normal day's work without either running out of power to climb hills because of their load, or they were running out of battery and needed charging to make the return trip at the end of the day. Others have tested EV cars towing caravans and found them incapable of performing as well when towing and also dramatic reductions in their range compared to ICE versions of the same cars towing the same caravans
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
Its definitely a looker and a great bit of kit @Roscio Agree the rear brakes will just need a bit of a clean up. I had originally put DS2500 pads on my front and rear but because I didn't drive it hard all the time, the rears started to squeak after a few months. Ended up having to back to standard pads. I've since read opinions that the rear brakes are oversized for the standard front size and so the rears don't end up working hard in the standard brake-balance setup). Whoever picks up the car will definitely have plenty of fun!
-
Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
Ok, so yesterday whilst returning home said light came on, it was amber coloured, it eventually went, but returned sparodically. Is there a power steering oil top -up point somewheer or is it likely to be something else, I cannot find any references on here. The car has covered 109k and is a deisel 140 Thanks in advance Tony S
-
2011 Fabia 1.2TSI, 67,737 miles, AP Coilover conversion *non-running*
Hey yeah it’s a DQ200 as far as I know.
- Today
-
Ad blue leak - Crystalisation around injector / repair help
Quick update on this - I purchased a caliper reader to measure the outer diameter of the adblue tube and the injector nozzle to make sure the parts would fit. Injector nozzle = 6.3mm (the new part is actually designed to recieve 6mm but I measured the internal diameter of another pnuematic connector and it was exactly 6.3mm so im guessing they have a small amount of wiggle room) Ad Blue tube = 4mm (this will connect into the 6mm-4mm conversion part)
-
Weird sound on new Octavia 1.5 TSI mHEV
I have the same problem and its driving me crazy! Its not the brake pedal, i replaced all parts. I also doubt that its the brake booster.. when the car stands still and i hit the brake pedal with the engine is on no sound.. Try to put your car in "N" while driving and brake.. also no sound at all! So maybe there is a point with the MHEV System.
-
JD52 started following Adding cruise control to Octavia 3fl
-
Inaccurate speed limit readout?
I have a 2017 Kodiaq. Occasionally it gets the wrong speed limit for a road. A straight 1 mile road by my house has no posted speed limit signs. For part of the road, the car thinks it's a 30 limit. Then halfway down, it thinks it's 20. I always believ d that the car used visible signs ( we have sign recognition) or used data from the maps installed. These maps, I think are provided by Here. I have gone to the mapcreator website for Here maps, and checked that the speed data is correct 30 mph all along the road. My maps are up to date (as of sept 2026. When I raised this with my dealer, they said 'if the car can't see a speed sign, or doesn't have data for speed on the maps, it defaults to 20. When I asked why 20, not 30, they just shrugged. When I asked why the satnav can't allow a user to select a default value, they said that could be dangerous, because you could put in a wrong default, and then complain to Skoda when you got a speeding ticket! Absolute nonsense
-
DavidT started following Inaccurate speed limit readout?
-
Adding cruise control to Octavia 3fl
Hi everyone, I have a 2018 Skoda Octavia 3 FL estate. The car currently doesn't have cruise control, and the right-hand stalk is used to control the on-board computer. Has anyone successfully retrofitted cruise control to this model? I'm looking for standard cruise control, not adaptive cruise control (ACC). I'd appreciate any information about what parts are needed and whether any coding or other modifications are required.
-
diWayneWayce started following Adding cruise control to Octavia 3fl
-
Kamiq service/warranty question
Privacy! They don't really want you to see what is going on in the service area. Last time my car was in they forgot and left it running. I have had my cashcam power cable disconnected at an airport car park. Didn't realise until a fair distance and had to stop to sort it. Later in the same journey we has a bad crash, writing off the car. Luckily I did catch in on the dashcam. I could argue that if I hadn't had to stop I wouldn't have had the crash, but I don't think I'd get very far with that.
-
Routemaster1461 started following Kamiq service/warranty question
-
Software upgrade
How does one upgrade the software of my 2015 Superb? I am increasingly finding that I am 'driving through fields' and now the BT blue tooth will not connect to my new Samsung phone. Is there a way of upgrading the car's software?
-
Lane Change Assist
Not in the UK it doesn't. Putting on the indicator simply tells the system you intend to move lane, and it temporarily deactivates the Lane Assist and Travel Assist combination.
-
Windy-Miller started following Lane Change Assist
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
Got GT radial FE2 on mine and excellent in dry and wet. Seem to be lasting well too. When I got them if ordered online through local tyre service got discount £15 off for two and £40 for four. From memory they were around £85 each. Sons got GT all season and again excellent tyre. Alasdair
-
Alasdair1 started following Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
The guys at TyreReviews appear to agree greater longevity with the EfficientGrip 2... https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Goodyear/EfficientGrip-Performance-2.htm
-
DanielCazacu joined the community
-
Saying hello again for the first time in many years
I am a stalwart and have a 2013 Roomster SE 1.2tsi which I bought new. This made me join the forum for hints and tips which have proven useful. It's over 10 years since the Roomster ceased production so posts for the Roomster is lessening. Mine still looks and drives like new and the dealer is amazed at its condition inside and out. I am reluctant to change it for the hassle of infotainment screens and buggy software updates. I am thankful in thinking my Roomie is the best vehicle I have owned with only one headlamp and registration plate bulbs the only ones replaced. Viva the Roomster
-
the truth about electric cars
I think the EV weight much more thing has become an entrenched myth. Germanic EVs, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, SEAT, Skoda and VW tend to be heavier than the average EVs and many have fallen foul of the Paris 2 tonnes triple parking charge. I am surprised there was not more protest by the 3 German HQ based companies as it seemed to single them out. There are some reasonable reasons for Germanic cars being heavier ie there need to be able to do 200-250 kph plus to drive at the perfectly allowable speeds ie bigger motors, battery packs, two speed gearboxes to allow the electric motor to switch to a longer gear and not be limited to 100 mph or less like many EVs. Also on the tyre front, and most are fitted with EV tyres which tend to be quite quiet with less tread when new and alos are oft fitted with acoustic foam to reduce noise as the rest of the vehicle is so quiet Michelin add the foam to further quiet it down. 68 to 70 decibels being the norm. Scenic has e Primacy and % has Conti 6Qs. The Q standing for quiet as again, like the Scenic and other EVs, as they are so quiet in the engine / motor department the tyre manufacture put extra effort in to quietness. Both EV Tyre review reports commend these EV tyres quietness. https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Michelin/e.Primacy.htm/Test-Results/ https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre/Continental/EcoContact-6.htm
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
Thanks Alasdair - will do. Having had the fluid changed on Saturday we now know it is at the maximum level in header bottle, so we'll be able to see if it drops. I really appreciate your advice.
-
AC staying on
On my mk3 octavia when I use windscreen demist the A/C comes on and goes off when turned off now on my new octavia mk4.5 same thing but when you turn it off the AC stays on can this be coded not to stay on.