All Activity
- Past hour
-
So good
I still miss my 2009 Scout, which I consider the best car I have owned during 55 years of car ownership. Space, flexibility, panoramic roof, it fitted my garage - it ticked every box. Sadly, I had to change it for a DSG following the return of an old knee injury. And while I love my Yeti and am equally reluctant to change it, I loved my Roomster Scout just that little bit more.
-
Lazu joined the community
-
When to change 1.6 TDI oil pump belt
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have it changed, would give peace of mind.
- Today
-
Data connection lost.
After 7 days of ownership, our Enyaq has the no data connection issue. The dealer made things work as e by telling me to factory reset the car infotainment and app. We can't use the app and on a temporary user. It's going into the dealer next week.
-
Dempsek started following Data connection lost.
-
TomBolger91 joined the community
-
The state of early mk4's in 2026?
Some are good apparently Mine was not. Secondhand car dealer “full Skoda service history” Nothing on the digital “Erwin”system. Battery checked by AA ok but failed /replaced by main dealer after 300 miles. Plus DSG oil change as insurance (main dealer said filter good “for life “ (Maybe due to inaccessibility issues (around PHEV)). Chiller unit discovered compromised after third diagnostic attempt at main dealer (.£1463 quoted). The infotainment/connectivity was a nightmare - so main dealer upgraded to “1914” (?) so that is recognised as ok (now). In my opinion I wouldn’t recommend an early second hand Octavia 80K PHEV Mk iV to my worst enemy however cool they look (and they do). The inaccessibility due to cramped bonnet space, the vulnerability of the fragile tech associated with that sophisticated simply (too) clever (by half) engineering and as second hand the more than likely lack of any warranty makes such a purchase a money pit. Take away the PHEV aspect giving more engine bay accessibility, less fragile control system also the problemic “Covid year(s) issues the MkiV is probably a worthy successor to its previous iterations.
-
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
I can only surmise you've been reading a different thread. Again, this issue has nothing to do with navigation.
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
It doesn't.....I use TomTom having given up on Skoda's rubbish navigation system and I don't understand why people would continue to try. Just ditch it, buy a TomTom cheapie and get free map updates for life.
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
Even odder post. Please explain how a TomTom SatNav integrates with the Karoq's ACC?
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Yes nothing out of the ordinary in fact very little mikeage which I guess I should have expected to be the case. Don't think any business would be that stupid, and as I said it was crossed wires with my mum making stuff up by not checking the car odo and miss reading something on the work invoice.
-
Hello, and greetings from Norway!
Quite like the colour, what is that called ?
-
Dsg gearbox fault. Now fixed but your thoughts please.
Have you now been able to verify the mileage the garage actually ran up the week they had it ?
- The state of early mk4's in 2026?
-
Enyaq iV Owners Register
I do like that colour. One of my neighbours has it.
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
Never heard of TomTom Sat Navs? 🙄
-
Fabia 3 1.0 110 strange noise
As it doesnt change pitch or frequency re speed etc and only when car is moving I cant see it being drive system/engine related. It may be a plastic undershield etc thats slightly loose or perhaps the brake splash guard is too close to disc and is vibrating. Check the heat shields on exhaust as well. Also next time it happens turn AC off in case its related. Alasdair
-
Hello, and greetings from Norway!
Wow good for you. I am sure you will be an asset to this community with your insights and enthusiasm (Yes good looker it is !)
-
forestpony joined the community
-
Exhaust warning light
These are the 2 codes which are causing the engine light & what you should concentrate on: P06DA00 Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit/Open static P064C00 Glow Plug Control Module static Checking the battery is cheap and simple but usually you have lots of other warnings & messages on the display with a bad battery (ACC, park assist, Tyre monitor, etc not available after starting). Next I'd check the fuses for both modules (or perhaps they have a shared fuse) to make sure it's not just one of them blown. Otherwise I'd suspect something electrical as they are not really related. When you charge the car at home, do you connect the ground off the charger to the charging point behind the battery (not into the terminal of the battery) ? Gabbo
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
Odd post as this is nothing to do with navigation...
-
Loon67 joined the community
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
That's why I still use TomTom.....😄
-
SwallownAmazon started following Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
-
Incorrectly Identified NSL Speed Limits
Nothing much to report by way of a fix. Skoda Connect, who claimed to have the magic fix have now stopped responding to me. I reported the fix had failed the day I received the vehicle back. That was three weeks ago & since then - nothing. Skoda UK have admitted to having no technical knowledge. But they now are very keen for me to book further diagnostics at my expense. They seem to be claiming that despite the fault & fix being diagnosed by Skoda Connect, I now have to pay the dealer for further diags. The matter is further clouded by receiving conflicting emails from four different individuals at Skoda UK, all claiming to be "managers". I get the impression they now want me to cover the cost of the failed fix! I've asked for the matter to be escalated, but it's all leaving a very sour taste. However this pans out, I won't be buying anything else from VAG.
-
martinrago joined the community
-
2 Cylinder Mode…..
I can't remember how it appeared in Eco mode. I think it was an icon. But as others have said, it will appear if the centre section of the virtual cockpit is set to display fuel consumption. It literally says "2 cylinder mode" in text.
-
When to change 1.6 TDI oil pump belt
As far as I am aware there's no change schedule for it, most people who have done work on one day it's actually a long life belt compared to Ford or PSA
-
CianKT started following When to change 1.6 TDI oil pump belt
-
The state of early mk4's in 2026?
I do not know what software it is on, but thats the first thing i am checking. I've lurked around the forum and seen that it is possible to update it yourself, but i hope i wont have to, pretty scared of ruining something. My plans are soon after getting it, going to an authorized skoda service and doing a overall check. Really hope everything will be okay, since i absolutely love how the car looks.
-
Clutch Failure
Welcome to the forum. What was the mileage when you bought the 22 Karoq ?
-
Warrior193 started following Clutch Failure
-
The state of early mk4's in 2026?
Hi, im in Lithuania, but the car is from Czechia. As far as i know it was a leased car for a bank as a company car. It has 80k km. Before buying it had DEKRA check, but no specific information regarding DSG or VAQ servicing. It does have a NHCAR sticker on the back and on the number plate frame and NHCAR as i've checked is an authorized skoda dealer and service provider in Prague so my hopes are that this car was serviced properly. Nothing more specific about servicing apart that it has electronic service history.
-
Loss of power, black smoke
Yes it's not low millage car. I am aware of that but then I bought it because of good service history. There are things that are not in e service book like original VW shocks that are replaced in 2023. Bdw I have managed to change ( by my self ) Front Air distribution flap servo motor without removing everything around steering wheel. Bit extender and endoscope camera taped on it 😉 If someone have an advice.. Are there some things that I can check with vcds and plan to replace on DSG gearbox ? Clutch wear or something like that. Fluid is changed every 60kkm ( I am planning to change it early maybe )