Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. hmm some progress perhaps, not finalised, it needs the bits and bobs greasing, but i THINK those springs are all in the right places more or less.
  3. OK, that's good to know, thanks. I suppose it is difficult to know how the air bubbles will behave. I always assumed they just moved linearly as you bled it but I suppose it is more complicated than that. Thanks. I would take you up on that offer though I think I'd be cutting it a bit fine now (I know I should check for replies more frequently) as the MOT is 8AM tomorrow. I've also only just checked the VCDS owners map, and there are people a lot closer to me that I should maybe ask. Thank you for the offer. Fingers crossed it passes the MOT. Even if it does I still need to sort this out so I will probably need to organise trying this with someone. If the master cylinder does need to be changed, do you think it is possible to do that without having to do the computerised bleed all over again? You're right. Without understanding the ABS unit inside out it is impossible to know what is going on exactly. I have tried pushing hard with the engine off but not in a while. I'm fairly certain it was quite hard though so maybe it is air. But I don't know if there is some kind of threshold of pressure that is needed to make the seals blow by. I suppose if I can get someone to do a bleed without me having to buy a VCDS license, I might as well try that and then move on to the master cylinder if that doesn't help. Is it a sure thing that bleeding it without the block ruins the seals?
  4. gillo100 joined the community
  5. So more articles on fuel and China banning exports and then Car Dealer magazine on the rush to buy ev,s but dealers not wanting trade in ice,s. Maybe so. Lots and lots of Chinese manufactured and owned EV,s in the UK ready and at sea on there way here. Win win, every cloud a silver lining for China thanks to the POTUS.
  6. Yep. I'd agree, my 2014 had some issues with the locking, found several broken wires and wires with insulation cracked. DIY repair if you are comfortable messing about with wires/soldering etc. I suspect the passenger door and boot lid going the same way unfortunately...age, repeated bending/stretching and material quality all an issue here.
  7. Today
  8. Subarugd8 joined the community
  9. Mine is a 25 & has no over-revving, except when using engine braking to keep the ACC on the limit when going down hill. If the demonstrator does it as well then maybe whoever uses it at the dealership has a leaden right foot. As I said previously, try a reset of the DSG.
  10. Looking to swap out the mk3 radio for the 3.5 radio in the misses car she’s got 2014 Octavia, what steps do I need to take to swap them over is it a straight swap both the screen and box in the glove box or is there coding to be done.
  11. Chrismk started following Octavia radio swap
  12. Might be worth getting someone to follow you on a straight flat road and see if the car is dipping on one corner at rear when accelerating. If it is then maybe swap shocks around and see if it moves to the other side. Before swapping might be worth loosening and retightening bolts in case one side has been tightened when off the ground. Made that mistake on my mk2 as I was tired and the car was a few cm higher on one side. From memory its the shock bolts and wheel end of swing arm.
  13. Broken wires in driver's door bellows. Super common.
  14. My 2011 Superb Elegance has developed a weird fault with some electrical features, but just on the driver's door: Central locking works on all doors - except the driver's door Left (passenger side) door mirror can be adjusted from door control, but not the driver's door. The driver's door mirror does not heat up or fold in. I've checked the fuses but they are all OK, but I can't understand how one fuse could be responsible without affecting the other linked electricals. Does anyone have any ideas regarding this? Thanks in advance.
  15. The bloody drama continues apace but I'm too weak to get the springs in any of the right places, hahaha. Will deffo get these brakes back on in the end. This is improving stuff, it is. I read back through this thread and it's picked me up a bit, this truck has been on a long journey but it's all moving in the right direction.
  16. I will be able to test my car in 2-3 weekes. I will share my experiences.
  17. I drove a Karoq SEL DSG demonstator a couple of years ago and Im certain the gear changes felt entirely different to my edition model I own now.The changes are nice and smooth but the car revs far to much for my liking. I suspect some changes have been made at tthe factory for some bizarre reason. It bothered my so much I tried my dealers new demonstrator to see if was the same as mine and it was. Mine also displays M when using the paddles and I definitely wasnt in sport mode when it changed down
  18. What are your tyres like? Were they on the car before the work's been done? - just wondering if they've been previously subject to odd wear, that's now mis-matched with the new set up? Gaz
  19. Hello everyone, Like so many before me I question so called sealed for life items like the DSG gearbox, I migrated from a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Mercedes 2.7L and that was supposedly also a sealed unit but not many drivers trusted that recommendation. So i came across this site when researching the issue and has alot of useful information, it’s a German site but you can just translate in the browser or with other translation apps if required. Enjoy KFZ DietrichVW DSG 7-Gang DQ200 Ölwechsel – Intervall und AblaufDSG DQ200 Ölwechsel beim Golf 7, Audi A3 oder Skoda Octavia: Welches Öl, welcher Wechselintervall und warum ODIS Adaption-Reset nach dem Service Pflicht ist.
  20. Andy Burngam mp / Pm and ministers announcing so much, hinting at so much. But this country is England mostly, they just forget to say England only as do bbc anxxsky. If all of UK then they need to say that. Heating oil support in Scotland expanded. But You and yours on Radio 4 yesterday seemed unaware. As with so many things. English Broadcasting corporporation. Stay Warm Discount Core group England and Wales different from Core group Scotland or Broader Group. Solar or Charger grants different by 4 nations of the UK.
  21. I would reconsider the glow plug grease. You'll get mixed reports if you should use it. It comes out of the factory without and using it changes torque settings. I did one recently and was prepared for the worst, but once cracked, it was finger tight. I did leave it soaking in wd40 for a few days though. You can use a multimeter to check it for continuity first, just in case it’s the cable: Congrats on it not being cylinder 3 btw.
  22. I wonder whether the suspension was allowed to settle with the car's full weight on the wheels before all the bolts were tightened?
  23. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202609176127163?sort=relevance&searchId=b1186a20-63ca-4c54-ab5b-808a156f68a2&aggregatedTrim=Elegance&body-type=Estate&make=Skoda&model=Superb&page=1&postcode=SE22+0BB&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&fromsra=&backLinkQueryParams=body-type%3DEstate%26make%3DSkoda%26model%3DSuperb%26postcode%3DSE22%25200BB%26radius%3D1500%26aggregatedTrim%3DElegance%26saved-search-id%3D8a4293fe9c0f9707019c33ab77794c45%26flrfc%3D1&calc-deposit=1000&calc-term=48&calc-mileage=10000&calc-selected-product=PCP
  24. Thank warrior. I've tried clearing the fault with a basic fault reader, but think I need a more advanced version. Any idea what level device would clear this? Thanks Sam
  25. Chrismk joined the community
  26. majorelectro joined the community
  27. Welcome to the forum. I believe you need to clear the fault manually by plugging a suitable device into the vehicles OBD port.
  28. Good call. I have had the geometry done not too long ago (for a completely different reason), but I'll perhaps go back and get it done again. Tyres have no wear issues. I've even switched from 4-season to summers and back - no change.
  29. Yes, cross-climates, very new. I've also fairly recently had the geometry aligned at all corners, can't remember if the noise was there at all before that. However, I have two sets of wheels, one with summer tyres, switching between them annoyingly made no difference.
  30. Silver900 joined the community
  31. Wheel bearings are though, but maybe not to the extent of noticing whatever level of wear may be genertaing the noise. I am confident in the thoroughness of my MOT garage.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.