All Activity
- Past hour
-
Advice on/Experience with engine replacement 2.0 TDi
No worries. I sourced it from http://www.vangilsautomotive.nl/ via https://www.proxyparts.com Searched for the engine by engine code. Did the work with a friend of mine, so a big savings.
- OEM+ android auto options
-
Cleaning Veritate wheels
Monday's little purchase from Tesco. Every little helps! Just need to ask Mrs A for access to her beloved hairdryer, set heat to max and try my hand at the adaptation!
- Today
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
Tell more about this, location please
-
ile7 started following 4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
-
Changing Cars
Well, all change, had the car a week and took it back with faults from day 1, and rejected it under Consurmers Rights Act. Dealer was ok about that, but they've sold my old Superb. They are putting my financail position back to where it was refunding cash I paid and the pex trade in value, but at the moment I'm carless, except for the Fabia they have given me as a courtesy car til the rejection process is over. Only problem I'm in somerset and travelling to scotland on 22nd Oct, just over 2 weeks to source another car. Not to worry I'll treat myself and hire a good car. Can't find a Superb, think I'll treat myself to a Merc e class
-
MK1 OCTAVIA BITS
There not OEM, will have to check when I'm back home on Thursday, they were from Kopacek back when they were called Superskoda, will also have to look into postal cost to Czech Republic.
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
It's booked into the garage on Thursday (8th October)!
-
jozobozo joined the community
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Sorry I meant the infotainment update 0334 Gabbo
-
200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
Petrol. The 190tsi is efficient enough.
-
KeteCantek started following 200ps Diesel vs 190ps Petrol - Superb mk3 facelift post 2021
- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
-
Wheel refurb colour change
Another vote for grey/charcoal/anthracite. I find black wheels tend to lose any definition in the design. A lighter shade helps bring out the difference.
-
Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois
I met the owner of 896 today, came and parked behind me at the supermarket when he saw me. Lovely chap, owned from new, still loves ut. Also Kent based.
-
the truth about electric cars
Not strictly electric car related, but I know that many EV'ers also have home battery installations, so this is a warning of possible troubles; I would not want anyone to suffer.
- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
-
Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
I got the recommendation from a polish colleague, ordered from Skoda-Parts Czech page. This is not too far off from what I ordered in terms of looks: https://skoda-parts.cz/produkty/zkoseny-dsg-kozeny-volant-s-airbagem/ Emulator was some additional cost, not too much, something 3000 something CZK but cant seem to find the exact product page right now.
-
the truth about electric cars
-
Last nights petrol versus electric documentary
@johnnie47 It is great that there are choices and will be for many years to come. The millions of ICE vehicles available now and until no longer available new will be going on for decades yet. Sad IMO is that those that did get EV,s and might of had Free Charging and no VED no longer have that. But fair doos. Charging 3 pence a mile from EV drivers from next year is certainly not fair for those paying the public charging tariffs with 20% VAT.
- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
-
Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
Hello to you both, and thank you for the replies! I actually ordered a set of steering wheel with emulator earlier today, as it seemed to be like you mention in your post @Cairus a "plug-and-play" type setup. Will post here when I get the parts and update with my experience of the install (which hopefully ends well).
-
Wheel refurb colour change
-
milloo24 started following Wheel refurb colour change
- Hi All
-
-
Exhaust Backbox
Sounds like a plan. Happy to go half’s on postage @tombee
-
Exhaust Backbox
Google says yes. Pretty sure the Reiger and Maxton sites don’t list different parts for both.
-
Exhaust Backbox
Yes happy with that thank you, ahh just thought mine is a Estate does the rear lower valance still fit
-
Exhaust Backbox
Ah gotcha - soz for getting mixed up. @tombee are you happy for a rear diffuser from a 2021 280 L&K with cutouts for tailpipes but also towbar cutout? You cannot see the layer unless you’re being reversed over by said car