All Activity
- Past hour
-
EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
I would love to keep it, but with the miles I do I can’t stomach the fuel cost. Granted, I won’t yet turn to diesel sensibility, but the petrol Octavia seemed a step in the right direction. It is a proper machine, and it’s so much easier to work on. I know the answer already, so this is more rhetorical, but why can’t they just make cars like they used to🙁 I’ll be getting one again at some point but a manual t5 is like hens teeth , so I’m bound to regret selling mine
-
the truth about electric cars
EVs no dearer to repair for major components than ICE.
-
the truth about electric cars
ICE cars get fuel prices displayed on Google like we have had with EVs for a while but we have no of chargers available as well.... https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1gAzXVNvgA/
-
EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
Personally I would keep volvo t5 (proper volvo) but I am very biased. Drove 940s for years and absolute love them. Alas MPG was getting me down so swapped to octavia diesel. Would swap back tomorrow if I could find a decent one and the other half didnt see petrol bill. Could always get one as a summer car. Hope its something simple plus if your going for the car I would get them to do the other shock as said should be done in pairs. Alasdair
-
vvoocash joined the community
-
Substantial increase in fuel consumption
Don't trust gauges, use the fill at the same pump every time to keep the car as level as possible. Record the milage before filling and fill with the same amount or until the pump shuts off. I had a diesel Focus that showed fuel consumption and it showed an average. Same work run different traffic conditions higher consumption!
- Today
-
JD52 started following Substantial increase in fuel consumption
-
Substantial increase in fuel consumption
So my beloved 2.0 TSI SE L suddenly has a huge thirst. The daily commute has gone from late 40's early 50's MPG, to mid to late 20's MPG. No fault codes. Tested at garage and EGR, O2 sensor, Air Con, Secondary Air con, Evap Emissions, Catalyst heating and operation all within normal parameters. Tyre pressures all good. Brakes not binding. I haven't changed my route to work or changed my driving style. Fuel used is still Tesco Momentum from the same garage. I'm starting to think laterally, like could it be something the engine drives, like the water pump or alternator causing drag? Could the MPG-ometer be faulty? (I need to test this next fill-up.) Slightly baffled, but enjoying the challenge of a mystery fault. I'd like to find the problem now, before anything catastrophic happens. Anyone got any suggestions as to vectors of attack on the problem?
- Strange flickering from inteface consul
-
Sub frame mount bushing
without opening a new topic, I noticed a knocking sound when I drive a little harder and when changing gears from first to second in my Karoq 1.5 tsi (manual), and knocking sounds over bumps and the speed bump, I did a movement test but in place, is it normal for the engine to move like this and knock on the mount or should I replace it? it's a hydraulic mount. https://photos.app.goo.gl/LkhX6nHXugVktT3Q6
-
imart143 started following Sub frame mount bushing
- EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
- EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
-
Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update
No warrenty https://mega.nz/file/lrc1BaCD#nq_LSllnN-vDCL_fK6YVGXCMPosigM-ZrRJ0RBJsNqA
-
Kamiq Vs Karoq
As posted I have both, Kamiq now 4 years old and Karoq 6 months old having replaced our nearly 9 year old Karoq in March. Both our current ones are 1.5 DSG. Kamiq being lighter is more nimble and quicker under acceleration, Karoq ride is slightly better and has more space overall, with more space inside the cabin although the Kamiq can comfortably cope with 4 adults and we happily take our Kamiq to France as mpg is much better.
-
sussamb started following Kamiq Vs Karoq
-
Diesel fuel additives
You know it will give you different answer every time you ask it, right? Single additive is enough for me. I may change the brand when I use all of it. I usually use either Archoil or Oilsyn - this is what the shop I'm buying from has. Once an year or two, I use the more aggressive DPF cleaner Archoil 6400, during a longer journey holiday vacation somewhere. It's written somewhere on the description of these products, that if you use their fuel conditioners regularly, you don't need to use the more aggressive DPF cleaners. But during the winter especially, I drive in the city traffic more than outside of it. Did I say that I put additive in the AdBlue as well? I add Xenum product preventing crystallization in the 10L bottle, before I fill it in the AB tank. It's sometimes -15 or colder when I go for skiing and I know the AdBlue liquid doesn't like temperatures below -10, that's why I'm adding that snake oil
-
installed automatic lighting but not working
It would be a start to provide the vehicle details and post a full auto-scan.
-
Cairus started following installed automatic lighting but not working
-
Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update
I've tried multiple cables of various brands and price brackets without success.
-
Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update
I've just bought a 2019 Octavia and only complaint I have is the infotainment system I'd love to replace it with a proper head unit but VAG have scuppered that plan and then to discover that it'll randomly crash and reset whilst using CarPlay just tops it off. I'm wanting to uplift my firmware but just need a reliable link to the software attached
-
the_wilkini started following Amundsen MIB2 Firmware Update
-
the_wilkini joined the community
- EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
-
Cairus started following EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
- Yesterday
-
Hi from a sort of newbie!
My estate seemed To have accessory net for dog if that’s useful to you (MkiV as it happens) My mechanic friend says that the engines have become so much more efficient that perhaps you may well find the 1.1 all you need especially with majority of trips very local
-
EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
Thank you so much for everyone’s support on this, and thank you @OccyVRS for the extensive feedback, that’s provided me with some really clear information on the situation. As you say, I’ll wait to see what codes have been thrown and make a decision based on that. Would you guys be happy to help me out if I come back with codes on Monday, to see whether any of them are concerning enough for me to walk ? That final insight would really help me feel confident with the decision I make. Just to answer a few of those questions you raised Occy, I’ve left some notes below: 1 - interestingly , my interior is stitched red (seats, steering wheel, gearstick etc). Brakes wise I’ll have to check in the daylight tomorrow. Unless you could spec a VAQ from factory on the 230 (?), I still don’t think this would have come with one right? 2 - As you say, I was a bit wary buying from Cinch given the fact that most cars traded into WBAC are most likely hiding something… I guess I proved the point to myself the hard way! In terms of a good deal, can you tell me? It seemed decent at the time. It was £11,999 for an 86k miles, 2018, 230ps petrol manual estate in meteor grey. I did keep my eye on the market, maybe not for as long as I should have before buying, and anything manual + petrol + estate was around 13-14k, though granted they were 245 editions. What do we reckon, bad or good deal? 3 - appreciate the insight, I’ll wait to see what codes were thrown 4 - do you reckon they could have refitted the parts incorrectly as part of the repairs, and that’s now throwing this EPC issue? I might have misunderstood the suggestion you were raising here. 5 - similar to my question above, do you reckon they’ve reported the relevance between the issue and the fix wrong here? Two more things: I’ve booked the car in to a ŠKODA dealer for Friday next week (assuming the car is fixed by then) for a post purchase inspection effectively (not what they call it but whatever!). Is there anything in particular I should ask them to look at? I obviously can provide all the context I’ve given on this thread, but should I get them to focus on a particular repair that has been done by Cinch, to check they were done properly? Interestingly, and @Warrior193 thanks for your insight also, the wheels on the car are actually 19inch Xtreme alloys (photo attached to make sure I’m not being stupid??). They look like they’ve been recoated also, or once again am I being stupid? Thank you all so much for the help, I appreciate the time you’re putting in to help a ŠKODA novice not make a £11,999 mistake! I want to be part of the gang after deciding to part ways my current car (currently selling my 1995 Volvo T5 manual🥲), but maybe I should not be so hasty. yet again, there’s some positives amongst what’s been said, so there’s a chance this car is still worth keeping, right?
- New car
-
Exhaust warning light
I'd suggest getting the battery properly tested first. There is probably a date code stamp on the top surface of the battery neg. terminal, code format is WW/YY. If the MIL (check engine) indicator is lit, there should be a DTC logged - perhaps your OBD reader is incapable of reading it. What charger have you been using?
-
Warrior193 started following Exhaust warning light
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
Correct, they are maximum settings. Whereas the auto recharge setting selects the highest, safe charging rate for present battery state.
-
LED Headlights. What do Fabia owners think of them?
I ended up buying a new (UK) Skoda Fabia SE L Edition in June. So with the darker nights and driving in the dark, I can answer my initial question. My car has the standard Basic LED headlights (features LED dipped and main beams + LED DRL's), it also has manual adjustment of the beam height. The light output from these headlights is perfectly decent on both main and dipped beams (and certainly significantly better than any Halogen headlights I've experienced), although not quite as good as the self levelling Full LED lights on my previous SEAT Ibiza FR. I am quite happy with the performance of the basic LED headlights on the Fabia, and I'm glad that I didn't pay the extra to upgrade them. I think the headlights referred to from DerekU's link above, dated 1st February 2026, must have been replaced with a far better item (since the topic was created in 2022). Mine are fine, and I do a significant amount of night driving. Just thought I should do an update.
-
Os2111 joined the community
-
Skoda LED Headlights
I ended up buying a new (UK) Skoda Fabia SE L Edition in June. So with the darker nights and driving in the dark, I can partially answer my initial question. My car has the standard Basic LED headlights (features LED dipped and main beams + LED DRL's), it also has manual adjustment of the beam height. The light output from these headlights is perfectly decent on both main and dipped beams (and certainly significantly better than any Halogen headlights I've experienced), although not quite as good as the self levelling Full LED lights on my previous SEAT Ibiza FR. I am quite happy with the performance of the basic LED headlights on the Fabia, and I'm glad that I didn't pay the extra to upgrade them.
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
If you can get the daily updates for the applications then I don't see why you wouldn't get the OTA infotainment update too.... It was released quite a long time ago so I assume that the roll out is slow. I'm not sure if there's a way to force it...