Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. crosmax joined the community
  3. DonJoker joined the community
  4. Look after the pennies and the hundreds of thousands will look after themselves. (As long as you do some intelligent tax planning and tax avoidance, the legal one not evasion) !
  5. I'm also getting the daily update messages and have been for some time, the car is fully connected with active Care Connect & Infotainment Online services but no OTA update for me so far. I've begun to ignore the messages.............
  6. Yes I suspect the actual part is NA from Skoda but a Skoda dealer has directed me to VW dealer who it seems may have the part as they show as having that part number in stock so am beginning to think as the diesel engine in my Skoda was originally used in the diesel Golf GTI VW parts may possibly be what I can try and track down.
  7. Haha, you're sounding like a right old Ebenezer guy 😁
  8. Negative prices for charging EV and home use 0930 to 1530 ie 6 hours of getting paid to charge EV, heat water, do washing, charge home batteries, yummy. https://agile.octopushome.net/dashboard All helps on the all up running cost.
  9. Nah there are C segment EV cars for a lot less than multiples of £150. For example.. (Was out some months ago but the deals do rotate across Stellantis cars). Not sure about D segment cars as great monthly payment deals which also have incredibly low running costs ie total cost of ownership all up per month. Under £300 a month i would expect. The good deals come and go. Last 2 Skodas I and family have had have been money pit. One diesel Fabia and one petrol Fabia. Thousand pound fixes for thermostats / water pumps, timing chains etc. Regular expensive servicing, two or three times the cost I now pay for the EV servicing. No MOTs, cheap road tax for the first year. No worry about any cost if something goes wrong. Peace of mind. Doesn't sound stoopid to me. Footnote. Note sure I would buy a Stellantis car as they seem to have the same worrying news about them as VAG ie sinking in to loss making, job shedding and their future looks dodgy. I would pick another marque which is a shame as VW / SEAT / SKODA looks like they have finally made a good EV with the Epiq, Polo, Ravel. Too little too late.
  10. Today
  11. Tiddlypom joined the community
  12. 6Q as the start of the part number suggests first model to use it was 9N (4th generation, from approx 2001) Polo, I think. You might well be able to create a lookalike replacement out of bits and pieces donated from a few different ones.
  13. Seriously??? Are you trying to tell me that a £150 PCP lease on a Dacia Spring / Leapmotor T03 / Citroen Ami or similar is an equivalent replacement for what I currently drive? Don't be so stupid. Anything worthwhile as a replacement is multiples of £150 per month and would also require a hefty up-front deposit of thousands... plus as a PCP I'd have a very hefty final payment to make at the end of it otherwise the vehicle would have to be handed back. So effectively just throwing money away. As for repair costs out of warranty - my personal experience is that they are very minimal if you choose the right car carefully.
  14. Hi pikpilot, Thanks for the reply. I thought that would eb the case re bluetooth. Great, I can just ignore the phone when it rings, haha. I have another SD card and will format that and see what happens. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't work, but heyho as they say.
  15. I have the exact same system. I have no problem with an SD card but I did have to format it first so try reformatting your card if you have noy already tried that. As an aside, I had an SD card that had been used in a security system and when I tried to format it again for other uses it kept on reporting "damaged storage" when used for audio. The SD card plus 6 CDs gives a large collection of music. In addition there is a aux-in socket in the central storage box which allows you to input more sounds from an external device. There is no blutooth connection for a phone. An expensive option was another box under the drivers seat for phone connection. Personnally I prefer not to be on the phone whilst driving.
  16. It is quite likely that these steering rack bolts are 'stretch' type - AFAIK, inox bolts might not work in that case.
  17. SilverCat joined the community
  18. My Skoda scala informant screen is just stuck on loading and the ecall is blank, I have tried everything at home but it’s still stuck in that loop, I have tried resetting, pulling fuses and battery disconnect but it’s still not working, I heard this is a common problem? Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks
  19. Bryonyj1984 joined the community
  20. Still await one reply but Europarts say they can get it. Have also been given a lead on a VW dealer who may have it as the Farbie VRS diesel was powered I understand with an old Golf GTI diesel so hopefully it may use the same parts.
  21. RMSArber joined the community
  22. Hope you get sorted 👍🤞 Let us know how you get on. Delivery will always be a killer from some of the European countries - it sucks.
  23. New upgraded bolts told to have better anticorrision protection. Some polimer shield. But i think Inox bolts will be better. Earlier versions like on xour car had 4 bolts holding steering rack. Mqb2 have only 2 of them. Economy?
  24. Thanks, do you know what I need to change? Remove byte 7 but do I need to change anything else?
  25. We can find you a crashed S3 and get the subframe from that. Don't forget to change your signature - standard rear pads, RS3 brake ducts, Rieger rear diffuser, the new droplinks/LCAs/FARB and, of course, the modified helicoil gearbox casing.
  26. Cairus is the person I'd tag to ask about any electrical issues, or DTCs. Seemingly while it's normally white for a 230 and red for a 245, there are exceptions. A definitive answer will be found on the rear axle - vented, or solid. I wouldn't say it's a bargain, but provided everything checks out, that's absolutely on the cheaper end of the market, IMO. In reality, there isn't much of a price difference between the 245 and 230 (or, indeed, the GTI and GTI PP) /4/5. Wait and see what codes are produced. It's entirely possible, but I'd be very suprised if someone can't fit two jubilee clips and a bit of corrugated pipe.
  27. Problem sold! Just do manual synchro point calibration/not with one click app! Thats it.
  28. Ludmilzd joined the community
  29. Some noise has returned - not in normal driving; car feels solid (especially the rear droplinks - you can feel the solid transfer) and the solid rear bush in the LCA. Going over most speedhumps is also fine - only the harsh "brickwork" ones seem to really bring out the sound. Unfortunately part of my mind thinks that it might also be the ARB now it has all been taken apart and put back on the car so its been moved from the factory application. Mind is drifting towards an alu subframe which means I'll get clamps for the H&R and have that swapped all in one go.
  30. tonyx joined the community
  31. Good political mood gauging. The Express, Mail and Torygraph have long since ceased being newspapers and become political hearders. Thinking of starting my usual thread on the Budget ie 2026 Budget predictions. KPMG have their out, bit weak i thought, will look put fir pwc's which i should see early as an Alumni. I like the recently added footnote to AI which states this might be a load of *******s.
  32. Spreading rumours is a way of The Government flying kites. Who started the rumour as far as you can see @lol-lol the Daily Express. AI might have it repeated as started by you.
  33. MikeT996 joined the community
  34. Biulding rumours that pay per mile we be extended to all cars. It is expected that excuse duty on fuel will be cut in the budget but to keep the Treasury receipts up pay per mile will be for all cars. Sounds fairer I reckon.
  35. We learnt quite quickly that air cooled EV battery packs were deficient in several ways. Long been an engineering known issue. I had several triple cylinder engined motorbikes and the cylinder in the middle in these air cooled engines was oft a problem. Air cooled engines in beatles and Porsches getting thermal stress cracks between the inlet and exhaust valves too. Just amazing how long Nissan kept on with the deficient LEAF 1 and 2 basic design. Cars would Rapidgate when second chargibg on a trip ie so hot the the system would throttle to such an extent you coukd have a 4 course meal waiting for it to get enough charge. My 52 KWh Zoe would not even hit 50 KWh charging and if ambient was more than 40 C, more common with Global warming, well forget it. Problems solved with liquid colling and charge curves are twice as quick and flatter even in very hot weather.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.