All Activity
- Past hour
-
MK1 OCTAVIA BITS
I would like to buy decorative moldings. Is it original product of Škoda? Iam from Czech Republic. I would send you the money in advance. Thank you!
-
Richardos started following MK1 OCTAVIA BITS
- Today
-
Fitting twin horns
Just seen the wiring diagram and noticed that the horns are solidly grounded and have a switched supply. They probably have seperate grounds so that at least one horn will still work if a ground connection is corroded. You can still just wire the new one across the original, if you have one with the right note. You could also do as you have done before and just replace the the single horn with a twin pair using the single horn wiring. The wiring from the relay is only 1mm squared and that is for two horns so Skoda are happy with the volt drop in the cable.
- OEM+ android auto options
-
Fitting twin horns
Thanks, that's what I've always reasoned in the past to get rid of the beep-beep horns. Even mains plug fuses won't blow at their rated current unless they get it for about 30mins.
-
VW Caddy mk2 (Felicia) Pick-Up 1.8T
I cannot be 100% certain that there is no combination of 14" wheels and spacers which would fit over the 280mm discs and Mondeo ATE callipers, but I do not know of any car which has discs that size and runs on 14s. It is probably fair to assume that 15" wheels are a minimum requirement.
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Note: Version 339.323 was one of the automatic updates from the online shop for me.
-
Turn off electric range in Navigation
Thank you That is where it is. I don't think it is very clear in the User Manual and I find the stupid little electric charge icon looks very like a fuel pump! Many thanks.
-
Breakdown In France WOES
EGR and maybe turbo potentially
-
gav_is_con started following Breakdown In France WOES
-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
My 1.5 DSG bought new in March seems fine both on the flat and going uphill. It acts the same as my Kamiq 1.5 DSG that I've had for 4 years. Only thing I do find with both is that on hills with bends and varying grades it can change too frequently so I tend to use sport mode which evens that out.
-
Coilovers suggestions?
Welcome. there is a good and long thread on Modifying mk3,s in the Fabia MK,3 section. Pretty sure also pretty much the same question as yours asked more than once. Worth a key word search. The Fabia project section worth a look as well.
-
Evolution13 started following Coilovers suggestions?
-
floky joined the community
-
aarone78 started following Hellos and Goodbyes
-
aarone78 joined the community
-
MrRaixS started following Skoda Octavia Mk3 (2013 - 2020)
-
Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
Good morning... both vehicles—the Octavia 3 facelift and the Superb 3 facelift—are built on the standard MQB platform. The steering wheel and airbag are a direct fit for the Octavia 3 facelift. However, there is one difference: with the new steering wheel design, Škoda removed the "Menu" button, meaning you can no longer access the onboard computer menu on the Octavia 3. I developed a custom module for this that intercepts the hex code sent to the vehicle's CAN bus and transmits the correct code instead. I could source all the parts and build a ready-to-use, plug-and-play adapter for you; you would just have to handle the installation and the steering wheel swap yourself.
-
-
Retrofit BCM Problems
Connect the old BCM—it doesn't matter if Component Protection (CP) triggers. Create a backup using the VC tool, connect the new one, transfer the backup using the VC tool, and purchase a stock dataset if necessary. That’s how I would try it. If it was just about expanding the color range, an update would have sufficed.
-
CTHE/CAVE Engine...Whats the diffrence?
Flying by to say that after about 10 months since I bought the car and roughly 5 since engine swap began, it is finally on the road awaiting registration paper (local bureaucracy thing). I had some issues as is with any big work, but nothing that's related to putting CTH in previously CAV driven car, things like a leak here and there or mistake during assembly. It's worth mentioning that I have final stock CAV software ver.9971 Engine managed to complete all readiness codes. Pulls like it should both on compressor and turbo. Anything that I logged was within specification. No overheating, no undercoolling, no exhaust noise, no misfires, no smoke, fuel consumption within expectation, no rattles or knocks. What remains is a bit lumpy idle on cold weather starts due to NGK BKR7EIX plugs. It did noticeably improve after running full 45 liters of fuel with pulse gt injector cleaner which I opted to run because injectors were used with unknown past. Second thing is I had twice p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold (mind you, after successful readiness). At first I thought it's an exhaust leak on cheap FA1 clamp, but no, second error was with pipes done by the book. Right now I'm thinking it might be aftermarket diverter valve with flat orings, but that doesn't fit the picture much. Alternative suspect is secondary O2 sensor with 170'000kms on it. My Renault Megane mk1 also had O2 trolling around constantly but not setting codes so I'm willing to guess a lazy sensor can be good enough for self-test but not for normal operation. Took me for ever to get around making a log of O2 sensor, I have about 2 hours of it but as luck would have it, with lackluster cheap scanner instead of VCDS. I'd like to post a photo, but there isn't any obvious CTH feature to show when it sits in engine bay.
-
Long coding for ECU 03 Brake Electronics Skoda Fabia 2011.
It just so happens I've been through this nightmare not long ago and buddy you're in for a headache. You might have it stored on VCDS or OBD scanner from previous reads, in history. I think full scan on VCDS does also list details. Option 2 is call stealership and talk to them about recovering code from VIN, but I do not know how this goes, and I'm certain it ain't gonna be cheap. Option 3 is NOT recommended, to suffer with AI and keep asking correct answers VERY VERY meticulously and then triple or quadruple check what it gave you. Part of the code is from VIN digits so you have to have it. Part of it is simply your car being Skoda Fabia 2011 but rest is gearbox, differential, traction control and you might brick those electronics. It took me 4 hours. I bricked chinese vcds cable, and had to correct "final" code about 12 times with advanced LAUNCH scanner. Good news is, that said LAUNCH kept me safe from few incorrect codes and it had correct security code written into it.
-
LockonStratos started following Long coding for ECU 03 Brake Electronics Skoda Fabia 2011.
- Yesterday
- Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?
-
-
Octavia vrs 21 plate front disc size?
Unless it's a hybrid, it should be 340/310. It'll be 340 up front regardless, and the 310 are vented, while the 272 are solid. Easy.
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
The vRS 245 is a GTI PP, so in addition to the DSG (DQ250 at 40k, DQ381 apparently 80k, but realistically 40k too), the LSD will need to have been serviced too (every 30k).
-
Fitting twin horns
Wire is normally sized by the current rating to avoid overheating of the wire. Here that is not a problem as the horn is only on for a few seconds occasionally. So the wire has to be sized by its volt drop over the total circuit length. Just a similar cable to the one on the existing horn should be a good choice. The rest of the fixed wiring and the relay will see twice the current but should not be a problem. For reference on some cars the relay is permanently powered and operated by grounding the other relay coil pin through the horn push button. Some do this through electronics from the horn push button. My conclusion is just put the second horn in parallel with the original horn using a similar size wire. The fixed wiring is probably already sized for two horns as used on other varients such as in my Elegance model.
-
Suspension upgrade installed
Agree on dust they emit but can't fault their performance. Nearly no squeal on my though but i have different calipers now so maybe something to do with that.
-
Suspension upgrade installed
DS2500 are dusty as hell, find myself having to clean wheels every 2 weeks and they are covered!!! But i do like their feel and performance. Mine don't squeal only very rarely- maybe something to do with my calipers being changed to 4 pots. Had ATE ceramic pads before and they were quiet, hardly any dust but used to glaze so much even from daily driving and their performance was horrible
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Sure is, it's probably just a "procurement" thing?
-
Coilovers suggestions?
Hello! I am new to modifying and I currently drive a 2021 Colour Edition Fabia with 1.0L TSI with 95HP. I have a few ideas on what to modify and would like to get some pointers on where to look and what brands would benefit the car more than the other but that is also down to me for research. Thank you for reading, Boifreson.
-
Ruarimac23 joined the community
-
Heathcliffe joined the community
-
Turn off electric range in Navigation
Yes, I've had to turn mine off a couple of times. I'll have to check on the car, but I think it was on the navigation settings, accessed from the 3-dots button. I'll look tomorrow if that doesn't work.
-
Power tailgate opens randomly
This is reported from time to time. In every case so far it was because the key fob button was pressed when the key fob was in a pocket, the owner bent down etc. It certainly happened to me more than once. The central key fob button seems to protrude a bit and is really easy to press accidentally. I now keep mine in a small leather case and since then no problem. Are you certain that the opening was not caused by inadvertent pressing of the key fob button?
-
About to buy Octavia vRS
Hi mate, thNks for the pointers there. Brake fluid was done at 3 years, 25000 miles 👍🏻