Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Reckon that amount of play is excessive especially as your getting a knock. I would get it changed or at least looked at. Alasdair
  3. Get a decent tester on the battery anyway - just to knock that on the head. Keep us posted. I hate mystery issues so you have my sympathies in place if any expertise.
  4. That's your Turkish success story I did a cut paste. Will let @MartiniB or @dugeem to discover the other RoW. That's serdar_18fr work above. Apparently it took 8 minutes and he left another 20 minutes to ensure everything was copied over. For those that don't have the possibility of connected services where they live its even more important.
  5. Thanks for you reply. I cleared the light and charged the battery yesterday. Started off today and the warning light came back on. Below is a photo of the battery. I think it was manufactured in 2022. It seems to need charging more often than expected so it maybe needs replacing. We have a Streetwise intelligent charger. Yeah my OBD11 is just basic, although I think I can buy credits to run a more detailed check or I know of someone locally who i think has the relevant code reader. I need to catch him and ask if he can run it for me. The joys of motoring.
  6. Jockie68 joined the community
  7. Deal direct with Skoda financial services not the Dealership , The key thing is you are not cancelling the agreement you are withdrawing from it. Once I received the figures I was had 30 days to make the payment.
  8. ShoweryBinkie joined the community
  9. Skidbymassive joined the community
  10. Today
  11. Hello, could anyone provide the exact procedure for activating Lane Assist on a 2018 Kodiaq with the 3Q front camera? I tried the procedure, but after finishing, an error appears stating that the assistant is unavailable.
  12. skodak7 started following lane assist
  13. Kojne joined the community
  14. skodak7 joined the community
  15. Got the part ex I wanted for my car so made the deal today! 2019 face lift Octavia vRS in blue. And yes, the jury is still out on that front headlamp split look, but I don't remember the last time I looked at the front of my car so its not a problem. Dealership are replacing the water pump under warranty and I'll pick it up next week Few things I'm already thinking about I'll be missing from my golf GTE.. the fuel economy! Its a petrol hybrid so can easily get 60MPG+ on my daily 60 mile round trip to work. The bucket seats in the golf are more... buckety.. Virtual cockpit, although I have it set to tacho and speedo constantly so losing that to replace it with actual tacho and speedo isn't a bad thing. Despite being older than the Octavia, it looks like a newer car. Also, oddly.. Its got one of them old fashioned hand brake things.... All in all, I'm a happy bunny and looking forwards to the new car
  16. Welcome to the forum. Despite your claimed lack of welding skills (sounds a lot like me in the past 🤣) you sound like you are fully hands on!
  17. Hello, I'm looking for an infotainment system other than MIB. It should retain the OEM Swing functions, such as start-stop information, vehicle status and fault messages, while providing smartphone mirroring and a larger display. Thank you!
  18. I withdrew from my Škoda finance agreement last year after 11 days (within the 14 day period) on a 3 month old used Karoq I had to pay £72.38 interest ( £6.58 per day) but retained all the incentives that were given at that time, £250 Škoda Contribution, 2 years roadside assistance and two services.
  19. The person concerned was a supervisor at a very large airport. His department was outsourced and then reorganised; he was then made redundant. He struggled financially for a few years and a good friend of his paid off his bank overdraft when the bank was harassing him (it wasn't a huge amount but the bank was being nasty). It was the same friend who heard that a courier company was recruiting drivers for a new contract delivering confidential documents; these had to be collected from locations all over the UK and delivered to other locations all over the UK. As he was in his late fifties and couldn't get another job, and after the previous few years of impoverishment, he leapt at the chance of the job. He dealt with the driving by smoking cigarettes until he had an M.I. on the M4 in south Wales and was taken to hospital there. After that he continued working until his pension from his 'old' job paid out. He did repay the friend who had paid off his overdraft. In his retirement, he worked for a chap who had a small garage; customers left their keys at the reception of their workplace and he collected and returned their cars; it was the chap's USP and his garage was always busy. He was a tough character and wouldn't be best pleased to be described as "BS"er! BTW, I agree that average hourly mileage on a cross-country journey using mainly motorways is about 50 miles on a good weekday. PS Having written the above, I hope that the truth of the "700 mpd" is is now accepted. PPS The courier company's cars were all Skoda diesels and the mileages that they were run up to were enormous.
  20. It sounds to me that the key problem is a failing oil pump, oil pressure live data from OBD port would be interesting.
  21. VW Group including Skoda sometimes get away in the UK with telling the DfT / DVSA that there is no need for a SAFETY CRITICAL RECALL because they will do a Voluntary Service Campaign / Recall Action and get registered keepers contact details from the DVLA. These have been known to mean nothing. The ones that look like they might get priority dues to the years covered and earliest are the VW Caddy.
  22. 700 miles a day + couriering sounds exactly like bull sh-it to me so i will react as i wish.
  23. 1) It was not "BS". I knew the person and the daily driving that he was doing with classified documents. It was a huge mileage. 2) Please don't use expressions similar to "sounds like BS" on BRISKODA's forums. 3) Don't cast doubts on the accuracy of my postings by using expressions similar to "sounds like BS" when replying to my postings.
  24. Further entry courtesy of serdar_18fr on the Cupra side altering the country to TUR gives Turkey https://download.updateportal.skoda-auto.com/maps/OI_P177_TUR_202612_Offline_Update.zip I guess you can use this trick on the other missing countries on the list for RoW.
  25. I found - with the typical poorly designed workflow runarounds - the Spanish motor vehicle division's search page for recalls. As of now, it shows no recall for my car. Yo dije que cualquier lado donde yo asiento es el correcto, no dije que me assiente en cualquier lugar ... :what, there's no :GrouchMarx face emoji in this web board system??
  26. Yes I think you’re right but worth a check!
  27. Nope, I don't do socials at all. 🙈 I did though a short review sponsored by Porsche Albania dealer. You won't understand much but you can enjoy the car with its external upgrades (H&R, maxton skirts and Audi RS wheels)
  28. Hi Binx, it's only about 3 years old, purchased from Tayna. I think the shudder is what's the causing the lights to appear.I will suggest to the garage when it goes in to check the battery. Thanks
  29. Not sure on the shudder but that collection of lights usually means a communication issue between control modules, which is commonly caused by low battery voltage. How new is the battery?
  30. 700 miles in a day driving would be 14 hours or more. Sounds like BS if the car / vehicle has one driver. Taxis might well be doing that with more than one driver.
  31. I believe I have seen someone on another post on here someone state that the lock has some relatively poor quality internal switches which detect the state. I would think swapping out the latch mechanism is probably the solution. I have a copy of the workshop manuals I can share if you need the instructions.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.