Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Mine is a 25 & has no over-revving, except when using engine braking to keep the ACC on the limit when going down hill. If the demonstrator does it as well then maybe whoever uses it at the dealership has a leaden right foot. As I said previously, try a reset of the DSG.
  3. Might be worth getting someone to follow you on a straight flat road and see if the car is dipping on one corner at rear when accelerating. If it is then maybe swap shocks around and see if it moves to the other side. Before swapping might be worth loosening and retightening bolts in case one side has been tightened when off the ground. Made that mistake on my mk2 as I was tired and the car was a few cm higher on one side. From memory its the shock bolts and wheel end of swing arm.
  4. Broken wires in driver's door bellows. Super common.
  5. My 2011 Superb Elegance has developed a weird fault with some electrical features, but just on the driver's door: Central locking works on all doors - except the driver's door Left (passenger side) door mirror can be adjusted from door control, but not the driver's door. The driver's door mirror does not heat up or fold in. I've checked the fuses but they are all OK, but I can't understand how one fuse could be responsible without affecting the other linked electricals. Does anyone have any ideas regarding this? Thanks in advance.
  6. The bloody drama continues apace but I'm too weak to get the springs in any of the right places, hahaha. Will deffo get these brakes back on in the end. This is improving stuff, it is. I read back through this thread and it's picked me up a bit, this truck has been on a long journey but it's all moving in the right direction.
  7. I will be able to test my car in 2-3 weekes. I will share my experiences.
  8. I drove a Karoq SEL DSG demonstator a couple of years ago and Im certain the gear changes felt entirely different to my edition model I own now.The changes are nice and smooth but the car revs far to much for my liking. I suspect some changes have been made at tthe factory for some bizarre reason. It bothered my so much I tried my dealers new demonstrator to see if was the same as mine and it was. Mine also displays M when using the paddles and I definitely wasnt in sport mode when it changed down
  9. What are your tyres like? Were they on the car before the work's been done? - just wondering if they've been previously subject to odd wear, that's now mis-matched with the new set up? Gaz
  10. Hello everyone, Like so many before me I question so called sealed for life items like the DSG gearbox, I migrated from a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Mercedes 2.7L and that was supposedly also a sealed unit but not many drivers trusted that recommendation. So i came across this site when researching the issue and has alot of useful information, it’s a German site but you can just translate in the browser or with other translation apps if required. Enjoy KFZ DietrichVW DSG 7-Gang DQ200 Ölwechsel – Intervall und AblaufDSG DQ200 Ölwechsel beim Golf 7, Audi A3 oder Skoda Octavia: Welches Öl, welcher Wechselintervall und warum ODIS Adaption-Reset nach dem Service Pflicht ist.
  11. Andy Burngam mp / Pm and ministers announcing so much, hinting at si nuch. But this country is England mostly, they just forget to say England only as do bbc anx sky. If all of UK then they need to say that. Heating oil support in Scotland expanded. But You and yours on Radio 4 yesterday seemed unaware. As with so many things. English Broadcasting corporporation. Stay Warm Discount Core group England and Wales different from Core group Scotland or Broader Group. Solar or Charger grants different by 4 nations of the UK.
  12. I would reconsider the glow plug grease. You'll get mixed reports if you should use it. It comes out of the factory without and using it changes torque settings. I did one recently and was prepared for the worst, but once cracked, it was finger tight. I did leave it soaking in wd40 for a few days though. You can use a multimeter to check it for continuity first, just in case it’s the cable: Congrats on it not being cylinder 3 btw.
  13. Today
  14. I wonder whether the suspension was allowed to settle with the car's full weight on the wheels before all the bolts were tightened?
  15. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202609176127163?sort=relevance&searchId=b1186a20-63ca-4c54-ab5b-808a156f68a2&aggregatedTrim=Elegance&body-type=Estate&make=Skoda&model=Superb&page=1&postcode=SE22+0BB&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&fromsra=&backLinkQueryParams=body-type%3DEstate%26make%3DSkoda%26model%3DSuperb%26postcode%3DSE22%25200BB%26radius%3D1500%26aggregatedTrim%3DElegance%26saved-search-id%3D8a4293fe9c0f9707019c33ab77794c45%26flrfc%3D1&calc-deposit=1000&calc-term=48&calc-mileage=10000&calc-selected-product=PCP
  16. Thank warrior. I've tried clearing the fault with a basic fault reader, but think I need a more advanced version. Any idea what level device would clear this? Thanks Sam
  17. Chrismk joined the community
  18. majorelectro joined the community
  19. Welcome to the forum. I believe you need to clear the fault manually by plugging a suitable device into the vehicles OBD port.
  20. Good call. I have had the geometry done not too long ago (for a completely different reason), but I'll perhaps go back and get it done again. Tyres have no wear issues. I've even switched from 4-season to summers and back - no change.
  21. Yes, cross-climates, very new. I've also fairly recently had the geometry aligned at all corners, can't remember if the noise was there at all before that. However, I have two sets of wheels, one with summer tyres, switching between them annoyingly made no difference.
  22. Silver900 joined the community
  23. Wheel bearings are though, but maybe not to the extent of noticing whatever level of wear may be genertaing the noise. I am confident in the thoroughness of my MOT garage.
  24. But it is how it works for you, sadly there many others who do not share your particular circumstances or your luck. Many live in rented accommodation so the cost is is a total burden to them. As to increasing the value of your home, that is debatable, it's only an asset if the buyer has a need of a charger, or it is not out of date at time of selling the house.
  25. As far as I remember 0 yes, unless you instal the one with paddles.
  26. Yes, which is a backward step from the summer price of 59p for all (with a further discount for Electroverse users).
  27. That's what I thought. But the facelift MK2 one with multi function will fit in mine plug and play and the buttons will work?
  28. Gridserve are great when great. But seeing as some report not getting the speeds then surely only some are great. Everything when working as they should be are great and when not crap. IME. I have experiences that are great and also ones that are crap. Stirling castle view park and ride. 1 50 kW out of service, 2 giving 50 kW, and the one I was on giving 26 kW. But only wanted the £2 min amount so 10 minutes and £2.08 worth.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.