All Activity
- Past hour
-
Cleaning Veritate wheels
I can't actually believe I am posting about bent plastic toothbrushes but.....whatever.... I have opted for a 45deg bend to the shaft and it seems okay, as per the photos. I will see how I get on when I do the next wash. Rome wasn't built in a day!
-
VW group recalls ~4M vehicles for steering bolt which can corrode - any Skoda news yet?
Oh. That VWHub is UK/right-hand particular? Or is it global, and could be searched for ex-UK/ left-hand drive vehicles affected in other countries? (I'm in Spain. I sit on the wrong side of my car :-) ).
-
Engine mount play
My BMW 740 Sport has "hydraulic" engine mounts that eventually lose the fluid which is actually more like a gel. The engine then drops onto the cross-member with consequent 'orrible vibration. Should be an easy swap, unlike the BMW which are a b*gg*r to get at because of the exhausts....
-
SwallownAmazon started following Engine mount play
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
Unless it’s a UK-registered LHD Octavia/Superb/Karoq/Kodiaq, I do not believe so, no. It’s LHD only seemingly, which explains why there has been limited news over here.
-
VW group recalls ~4M vehicles for steering bolt which can corrode - any Skoda news yet?
Left hand drive vehicles only - so no recall expected in the UK, Australia,New Zealand, India, ...
-
VW group recalls ~4M vehicles for steering bolt which can corrode - any Skoda news yet?
"Number of vehicles affects: 70 - correct at the time of publication" ?! 😅
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
So UK vehicles not affected by this recall ?
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
No joy on the VW dealer alas. Skoda have given me contacts for two Skoda dealers in the Irish Republic but am coming to the conclusion that the part is not to be found using the usual channels in this Country so can only hope the two overseas I have emailed may prove successful
- My 2021 RS in final form
-
OccyVRS started following My 2021 RS in final form
-
Engine mount play
Dont think it should move that much. Havent come accross hydraulic mounts before but reckon it should be tighter than in the vid. Is there any sign of fluid underneath? Alasdair
-
Alasdair1 started following Engine mount play
- Steering Bolt
-
OccyVRS started following 4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion , Steering Bolt , Steering Bolt and 1 other
- Steering Bolt
- Steering Bolt
-
4 million cars recalled for steering bolt corrosion
-
VW group recalls ~4M vehicles for steering bolt which can corrode - any Skoda news yet?
-
Driver's Door Electrics
check the wiring inside the rubber tube that goes from the door to the door post on the car. the wiring can break in there and cause intermittent problems
-
landroverbodger started following Driver's Door Electrics
-
the truth about electric cars
Examples please of a D-Segment large SUV EV with low deposit and low / no final payment that doesn't come with a double figure interest rate? I'm struggling to find anything like the offers you suggest are out there... eg a typical PCP on a low spec second hand 4 year old Enyaq with about 40k miles on the clock seems to come in at about £300 per month with an up-front payment of £3k, a final payment of £6k (if you want to keep the car) and over 10% interest, meaning paying almost £5k in interest on a £17k car with potentially nothing to show at the end... In my book that's stupid?
- Today
-
Skoda Superb Combi 3V539Z suspencion
Is it possible to replace coils (front/back) to give it more lift (ground clerance) My car has: 0YE/1JA coils ends with M (level 5) for rear and weight category front L08 It is 4x4, diesel. 3q051115aAT 5q0411105HS are the coils for Superb Alltrack, is it possible to swap the coils and schokbsorbers to make some elevation and stiffer suspencion?
-
dnolen started following Full Sized Tyre as Spare
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
There was a page somewhere on the forum where you could download the flash files for the infotainment (3rd party so comes with some risk) and instructions for how to do it. Does anyone know if this can be used for the Superb infotainment too?
-
Problem pelas help DSG.
Evidently you didn't follow instructions. Re-do and follow instructions.
-
crosmax joined the community
-
DonJoker joined the community
-
the truth about electric cars
Look after the pennies and the hundreds of thousands will look after themselves. (As long as you do some intelligent tax planning and tax avoidance, the legal one not evasion) !
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
I'm also getting the daily update messages and have been for some time, the car is fully connected with active Care Connect & Infotainment Online services but no OTA update for me so far. I've begun to ignore the messages.............
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Fingers crossed, let us know. 🙂
-
Rare parts ? That you got/ what can you get ?
Yes I suspect the actual part is NA from Skoda but a Skoda dealer has directed me to VW dealer who it seems may have the part as they show as having that part number in stock so am beginning to think as the diesel engine in my Skoda was originally used in the diesel Golf GTI VW parts may possibly be what I can try and track down.
-
the truth about electric cars
Haha, you're sounding like a right old Ebenezer guy 😁