All Activity
- Past hour
-
Power tailgate opens randomly
On a number of occasions, I have returned to the car (2018 L&K 280 estate) to find the power boot standing wide open. It has happened when parked at home, in supermarket car parks and multi-storey car parks. At first I thought I must have accident pressed the open button on the key fob, but this is not the case. This happen to anyone else? Last time was very annoying as it was open all night and drained the battery as the interior lights were on.
-
winmoz started following Power tailgate opens randomly
-
Actiondefence joined the community
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
Hi Alasdair. No, I haven't done this. To be honest, I'm not confident about removing the air filter pipe and box to get to the required area under the bonnet, nor about removing the trim etc to get to the area under the gear selector. In the old days of my Estelle and Favorit perhaps, but not on my son's nice new car! But yes, will definitely mention to the garage tomorrow. Thanks.
-
Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
Discs and pads should fix it
-
Whirring sound from underside of mk2 tfsi
Yeah I mean I could run my hand clockwise across the rear of the tyre and it seemed smooth but when I went back across anti clockwise I felt jagged raised bits so I think that’s what it was seems to have gone now I’ve got new tyres on there. The technician said the tyres become 50p shaped also on some older Skoda models. I just want to get to the bottom of it I’ll have to look at the possible issues you mentioned to rule everything out
-
Loss of power, black smoke
Sorry for late answer. Yes i did. Map was bad so ive done another one. And main thing was removing egr near turbo and placing blanking plate and inserting blanking plate on secnd one near manifold. Car is good now i am planning to make analog meter for pressure after intercooler. I was thinking to place it instead of temp sensor just for test. Just to test if manifold/intercooler is dirty again
-
Dsg / mechatronics reliability
Good to know ,I think the bigger cars have the 250 / 381 boxes ? Vag must of sold hundreds of thousands of cars with those boxes in I just don't want to get burnt
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
Did you reset gear linkage cables. Fairly easy to do. You lock gear stick with I think 8mm rod and then lock gear selector on gearbox by pushing down and turning small lever. remove cables and reattach. Mention it to garage tomorrow. Alasdair
- Today
-
Whirring sound from underside of mk2 tfsi
May not be but seems odd that rear tyres were wearing that way. Best to get it checked out. Alasdair
-
Skoda Scala 1.0 TSI 2023 - Stiff Gear Change
So here's an update for anyone that comes across this thread in future ... The issue of not being able to get into first gear from stationery has happened again, so that's twice in a week. No drop in fluid level in the header tank though. Our efforts in lubricating the gear selector linkages were either not effective or that's not the cause. So, it's heading down to the garage (independent, not main dealer) tomorrow for diagnosis. I'l keep this thread updated ...
-
Servicing intervals?
Hi Doofy, yeah I feel the same about these small modern turbo engines, interesting what you both say about the oil, the VW 504 / 507 seem more available here at a good price. I bought 5 litres of the 508 00 to top up with from an auto spares shop as I couldn't see it on the shelves in the supermarket, cost me over 60 euros, the 504 / 507 was around 45 euros for a branded make in the supermarket. Wish I had known that then!
-
Dsg / mechatronics reliability
I currently have a DQ250 (six speed wet cutch) in my Golf, and had the same box in my previous Octavia - both 100% reliable 👍 Also have a DQ200 in our Polo (seven speed dry clutch, not that you'll see one of these in a Scout) - faultless over the 40k+ miles and seven years we've had it 👍 Gaz
-
the truth about electric cars
Ouch, this is bad.
-
Emission warning on. 240 mile m'way trip tomorrow?
Car is Octavia MK3 1.6tdi greenline 2016 with 100k miles. I drove 240 motorway miles Reading to York on Friday - regular trip to see aged parent - bit of traffic so averaged 77mpg @ under 65mph according to the trip. A few short journeys total 20 miles on Sat. Emission control light came on this morning & stayed on through similar short journeys as yesterday. I've seen some old threads re dpf regen cycles / run in sport mode but I'd have thought the trip up would have been sufficient to clear. I'm due to return home again tomorrow so: Do I need to get codes checked beforehand or do I give it a run home then let my local guy look. NB. The "Inspection Due" warning with mileage countdown expired yesterday so it now says "Inspect now!" Cheers Simon
-
simonkbike started following Emission warning on. 240 mile m'way trip tomorrow?
-
Infotainment model?
Finally got my hands on a 2017 Sportline 280 estate. Love it so far. I'm wondering which model infotainment system I have. I believe it's the 8 inch screen, and I have the cd/dvd slot and 2 so card slots in the glove box. Would also like to know how to update the navigation maps, and best place to get them from. Thanks.
-
SteveSupurb started following Infotainment model?
-
Servicing intervals?
0w 30 FS III which is also VW 504 00 /507 00 is a good alternative to the 0w 20 FS IV. / VW508 00 /509
-
Dsg / mechatronics reliability
I currently have an early MK3 scout manual and it's been great but I'm looking at newer cars Alot of newer cars and all post 2019 4x4 cars seem to be dsg Read a lot online about reliability issues with mechatronics etc ,some say certain box types are better than others but in reality what sort of percentage fail ? Looking at keeping car long term
-
-
Whirring sound from underside of mk2 tfsi
Sounds like I need to have a mechanic look at this properly as I’ve spend £430 on pilotsport 4s tyres and don’t fancy ruining them 😕
-
Hi newby here
Had my mk3 Octavia scout 2 years now and only just found this great forum Il be looking for maintenance advice so thanks in advance
-
Dsg reset
My transmission was v jerky I've done the reset procedure Derek sent me seems to have cured it 😊👍 thanks for your interest
-
barn find felicia pickup.
Yeh, that’s a combined bump stop/ dust cover thing, but I was really referring to the not-in-shot double wedge rubber guys that clamp the damper to the body and give the swivel compliance. I also need new boots to go on top but fear I’ll need to mould my own from silicone or something.
-
Are you the new owner of KYXX XXB Superb SE L 2.0tsi
@BKRacing please check your messages Regards
-
Hazards when locked.
The siren is supposed to stop sounding after a few minutes, if the event that triggered the alarm is not still present then the hazards will continue flashing without the siren sounding. So hazards flashing but alarm silent is not necessarily an indication of a failed alarm battery.
-
Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
Have this slight juddering that I can feel through the wheel as well, also mostly when braking coming off motorway (higher speeds). Brakes are all 4 year old ATE with their 'ceramic' pads. Sometimes I wonder what it is too but honestly can't be arsed to do anything about it.
-
KeteCantek started following Which suspension parts can contribute to brake judder?
-
DadoOctavia2020 joined the community
-
adyp72 joined the community
-
barn find felicia pickup.
The rubber "thingy" at the top of your strut is the bump stop.
-
Servicing intervals?
I don't go by manufacturer's recommendations, I change oil and filter every 7 months ( I do some short journeys) Yep overkill i know but with these modern turbo engines i'm not taking any chances.. And i changed from 0w/20 to 5w/30 approved VW oil as i don't trust 0/20....Oil and filter changes is probably one of the most important things on modern engines.