Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Glad you found the problem. Weird how an ABS/speed sensor can affect steering. I take it it pinged up on vcds. I've managed so far with a cheap copy scanner for just fault codes/resetting but reckon as my cars getting a bit older will finally have to invest. Alasdair
  3. Evening all, So I had a play this evening until my battery went flat. I put 12v to what I believed to be the stop valve as pictured previously and nothing happened. So I removed the fuel lines followed by the solenoid and what I removed is pictured below. On the bench I again put 12v to it and initially it didn’t want to move but after a couple of flicks of the battery + it was clicking away happily. I then put it back into the pump and wired it in but when I turned the key again nothing happened (no clicking). I checked what voltage it was receiving from the ignition and it’s only 7.3v but by taking a feed direct from the battery it would click. Finally I tried to bleed the pump but nothing came out of the fuel pipes whatsoever. Is what I removed the fuel cut off solenoid or something else? What’s. Does the VW pick up have a immobiliser like the Felicia? Regards Rob
  4. My car is 5 years old on 29th October. As I am away for a week in the middle of Octobr, I booked an MOT with my local agent (who supplied the car) I booked an MOT for 20th October. On 24th September, whilst in France, I received an email from them saying that, as of 30th September (7 days after the email) the company would no longer be a Skoda agent, and all business would be transferred to the local VW agent. They would be in touch with anyone with servicing due after 30th September, but, no surprise, nobody has as yey been in touch with me. I tried to book an MOT with another fairly local Skoda agent, but they didn't appear to have any appointments until 12th November. I have now managed to book an appointment with the VW agent only 2 days after my original appointment. So rather annoying, but no real harm to me. However, those with servicing and/or repairs may have significant problems. I had a service plan, but luckily I used the remaining plan on a service and inspection, but what happens if your plan gives you 2 services and you only use one?
  5. Not connected to the 20 minute time out cycle of the infotainment units by any chance. Try 18 minutes and 22 minutes. The infotainment units will power down after 20 minutes. Its a Vag thing. Let's you use the unit to listen to stuff but if no physical contact to change anything will power down. Test it with the door open obviously not a solution, but if it behaves itself its that 20 minute cycle.
  6. SwedeOfEnbound joined the community
  7. As far as I remember it's plug&play. You can add MSFW with paddle shift but it requires coding and MAY require change of steering wheel controller. Pre-lift airbag will NOT fit, it must be replaced too, as well as the harness located inside the steering wheel.
  8. SOC stands for State of Charge.
  9. Ours displays in normal mode, that's a 1.5 DSG. Don't set it to any other mode except sport by tapping lever backwards.
  10. Parked up at the supermarket this afternoon... ... which means I've averaged ~15,000 miles/year for each of the last five years 😳
  11. I've browsed through previous posts regarding this, but can't seem to see if the facelift steering wheel is just a plug and play replacement into the pre facelift. Ideally I'd like to add paddle shift but I think that's only on MQB platform cars? Seen a few cheap facelift steering wheels on eBay but usually don't come with airbag. Will my pre facelift airbag fit? Cheers
  12. Today
  13. Sorry that this becoming a bit OT on a pad thing - thought Blue were meant to be for harder usage than Yellow. Good to know the feedback and agree the colour mix is triggering - unless you get some aero hubcaps 🤯🤢
  14. I also think that it has something to do with the regenerative braking system, but i am unsure what it is. I bought an used brake booster for the NX an teared it down to learn how it works.. But as i see there is nowhere a relay which can cause a click...
  15. On my 25 with Columbus, it only displays in Eco mode.
  16. Refined oil is really all that matters to customers of liquid fuels. Crude can be transported as and when. If sanctions on Russian Diesel and the USA having to really hold on to what they have for the home market then there is enough being refined or there is not. Or there are those that get oil and can refine but are choosing not to and controlling the market. What ever Donald Trump tries to do will hit some some places. Maybe make some of his even wealthier.
  17. dashman joined the community
  18. Who wants to drive around in 5th gear at such low speeds .it’s not good for the car when driving around try and keep it around 1700 rpm you will get better mpg
  19. As I said, I also believe it is the relay coming on and off for the 48v battery. My dealer in the UK fully charged both batteries, and it did not do it for about two weeks until, of course, the battery charge got low due to the poorly designed/coded services and useless regenerative braking system in the car, it now clicks all the time again.
  20. Having had similar problems, they seem to come and go depending on usage. The "regenerative braking" is nonsense; it barely works. This adds to the battery's woes, along with poorly designed systems that drain the battery. I have recharged with a CTEK and NOT had the issues return for a few weeks. So, I'm also leaning towards: Poor equipment and firmware draining the battery Poor charging systems Poor electrical power management Insufficient (due to emisions/saving money/poorly designed) drivetrain needed to service all these newfangled systems I've also had my 2025MY MkIV Sportline 1.5TSi e-TEC, back to the dealer, where they performed "a significant software update" that they felt would "resolve the issues with the electronics and driveability" - well... it felt so at pick-up but not really anymore, adding more weight to the battery being the source of these issues. Additionally, after a year of ownership (from new), we now have the dreaded shuddering under load and gear change, which used to disappear once warmed up, now seems to be a permanent "feature" along with the shoddy braking system. Interestingly, we hired a Fabia whilst away recently, and we nearly broke our necks when the brakes actually worked!
  21. Hi guys I am having a strange issue with what feels like the rear end of my mk3 vrs (multilink) When driving along, the car "tram lines" and feels loose at the rear. When I put the foot down to overtake someone, the car torque steers violently as I change lanes. Its on new Bilstein B8 dampers, new eibach springs and all the bushes have been replaced and 4 wheel alignment has been done. Results below. It also has new ball joints, drop links and track rod ends up front. Anyone any ideas? im almost thinking one of the rear bilstein dampers is faulty from the factory Thanks
  22. AJG1960 joined the community
  23. In a bizarre turn of events today the ASS worked as I would have expected. I initially thought the car had stalled or cut-out but the ASS symbol was active on the dashboard, and proceeded to work as expected for the next several halts in traffic. I'm baffled. BTW what does SOC stand for in relation to battery charge please.
  24. Our car showed two lanes along the M90, travelling southbound towards Edinburgh. However, the muti-lane display is not consistently shown when on all two or three lane dual carriageway or motorway. I am unsure what the parameters are for the display to show multi-lane images but I know our car has done so, and at other times it does not. I suspect it must be GPS related or the classification of the particular road. We have our big pan-euro road trip scheduled for December so will report back then if someone else hasn't solved the mystery first. Best wishes.
  25. I’m specifically asking about people who performed the update manually via a flash drive—without using a cable to clear a hidden error—to see if everything works for them in MySkoda and if they were able to add the primary user without any issues.
  26. If you fancied a trip down the M11 with a few litres of brake fluid then I'd do the ABS bleed with you. I live in Ilford, NE London. Your choice if you want to pop by. All that would cost you is the brake fluid and the petrol.
  27. ...and the winter tyres have just been delivered by DPD. Ordered from MyTyres.co.uk, effectively Delticom of Germany. I've used this company many times and have only ever had one glitch just after Brexit when a pair got lost through customs. They refunded me for the lost pair and we ordered a replacement set. The process is seamless now. I will wait until November and the colder weather, have my dealer mount the tyres onto the rims and fit the valves, balance them etc. Then they can swap them this time just to be sure everything is in order. After that, it becomes a twice yearly project for me and my trolley jack! So far, so good.
  28. The prob appears to be the front offside abs sensor, of which i have one in my garage, just need to find and fit it!
  29. Think there safe enough to use as long as you keep pressure down. I usually use old spare tyre at 10-12psi and have never had any problems and have done quite a few cars brakes including clutches. Generally working by myself so handy for one man bleeding. Reckon on my sons the air bubble was moving back and forward somewhere. Worth a try especially the rear Alasdair
  30. Sorry. As the posts above. Dowhill Farm between Turnberry and Girvan. In and asphalting and lines painted just completed today. Wind turbine on the hill. Should not be long till goes live.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.