Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Yes happy with that thank you, ahh just thought mine is a Estate does the rear lower valance still fit
  3. Ah gotcha - soz for getting mixed up. @tombee are you happy for a rear diffuser from a 2021 280 L&K with cutouts for tailpipes but also towbar cutout? You cannot see the layer unless you’re being reversed over by said car
  4. Looks great. I’m obviously biased but dechrome and black/colour coded badges look sweet on a white car…
  5. What better time to introduce the car than after a proper weekend wash. She's a 280 L&K remapped to 370bhp with eibach lowering springs and 15mm spacers all around. Loving driving her more everyday. Any suggestions for what I should do next welcome.
  6. Hello everyone, I have a 2018 Skoda Rapid and I recently upgraded the BCM (Body Control Module). The original BCM was: Old BCM: 6C0 937 087E I replaced it with: New BCM: 6C0 937 089E Both BCMs are Lear / VW AG units. My question is regarding the comfort window closing function. After upgrading from 6C0 937 087E to 6C0 937 089E, is it possible to enable a function that allows me to close all the windows by pressing and holding the LOCK button on the original remote key? I would like to know: Does the 6C0 937 089E BCM support remote window closing? Can this function be enabled by coding/adaptation only using VCDS, ODIS or OBDeleven? Do I need to install any additional hardware or modules? Is there a specific coding or adaptation channel that needs to be changed? The car already has electric windows and I am using the original Skoda remote key. Basically, I want to press and hold the LOCK button on the remote, and have all the windows close automatically, without adding any additional hardware. If anyone has experience with this BCM upgrade or knows the exact coding/adaptation required, I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!
  7. Its @tombee wanting the cut outs for tailpipes adding to his 220, and ive got diesel so want no cut outs but jumped on the thread at the prospect of a L&K type trim! so as long as Tom doesnt mind the towbar cut out then I think we are both happy!
  8. I thought you wanted cutouts because you were toying with the idea of tailpipes chatting with Martini? Either way - the one from the donor car doesn’t have cut-outs so that should serve your needs. Depends on whether tombee wants cutouts in that case…
  9. Today
  10. I happen to live in a terraced house, with a garden that in theory I could dig out and park a car but it doesn't end there, this area is over-run with students and rentals, hence the reason for 'no guaranteed parking place' and for people undertaking higher education in our Uni they do not appear to have many grey cells when it comes to car parking, the chance of being blocked in or out is remarkably high. To go electric would also mean moving house and area, I'm not rich enough
  11. There's also a new twist (to me, anyway) in that the Scrotery has taken to chopping off and departing with the flexible charging cables used to plug in the vehicle. Perhaps they think it's less hazardous than robbing railway signal and power cables?
  12. Ah it would be the one without exhaust cut outs that I would be after. Like this but for estate.
  13. No chrome on this part thankfully - just the matte abs plastic type thing.
  14. If it worked when area was disturbed and also when gearstick moved it could be a wiring fault or bad earth? Are you getting any clicks but not cranking or nothing at all. Alasdair
  15. Alasdair1 started following No crank no start
  16. NottsIan replied to royread's topic in Skoda Karoq
    That's because they probably wanted you to take the car in and pay them to investigate the fault! I've had the same issue but with using the global closing rather than opening. It happened a couple of times during the hot spells when I was trying to close the windows in the evening having left them open during the day. In my case it was one of the rear windows and a quick use of the reset sequence sorted it!
  17. Very little energy is used in traffic jams in an BEV. Best try driving one. I do and know, regularly through Glasgow it can be 40 minutes or so covering 5 miles. & you can switch the car off as you might in an ICE vehicle. Even in the coldest of weather i doubt you will keep everything running, and heating from 0*oC outside to 16*oC inside is not using much energy. not like it is a 2kW fan heater. I have my windows open a bit, wind deflectors fitted, stops steaming up. Heated seats have very little affect on the efficiency / range of a BEV. I have mine on for a few minutes at the most if the car is not pre-heated. My arse would be on fire even at the low setting. Yes you get power cuts, weather, road closure diversions. (A 60 mile one on Skye just now) Snow gates closed etc etc. Filling stations without power as well. No card usage being a use, people without cash. Public Charging might not be cheap. The last trip i did cost £3.50 for 160 miles charged at home, then the next 200 miles was £27. That was not Rapid or Ultra Rapid charging. Doing Rapid or Ultra Rapid Charging for the 360 miles could have cost anything from £60 - £92 depending on Location / Charger providers. Business / Commercial drivers getting BIK and maybe charging paid for & even if no Home / Work charging are in a whole different position from a Private Driver with no Home or Work Charging.
  18. Hi guys - I'd really appreciate some help on this please Main glovebox - the one on the passenger side. A while back the bit that you press in the open the glovebox 'exploded'. There is an inner part and then the actuator itself which has the button, a spring and when pressed in pushes the sideways spring to open the glovebox. This is the bit which exploded, the spring disappeared and the assembly looks like it is glued to the inner part. I've bought a replacement assembly to replace it but have no idea how to remove the rest of the existing one or to fit the new one. It doesn't appear to just pull out. I've attached a photo Any help or guidance very much appreciated. Thanks
  19. royread replied to royread's topic in Skoda Karoq
    How easy was that. Problem solved. Many Thanks. Wonder why the Skoda dealer never mentioned the reset??????
  20. Stone Cross windmill looking rather splendid in this afternoon's Sun: And on the way back I counted 67 Coot and two Great Crested Grebe on Shinewater Lake: Oh and not forgetting these two: Didn't expect to see them, otherwise I'd have taken some food as they came over to me, so seemed interested. Gaz
  21. Firstly why were the only two comparisons made between top of the range supercars, Mercs, it went to great lengths waving the 'go electric' banner but never touched on the real-world issues that are raising doubt about electrics [1] the everyday charging, I imagine the majority of drivers reside in terraced houses or possibly in flats, not all having a garden, being confined to street parking, not necessarily in exactly the same location each time means for them the petrol car wins hands down for convenience [2] I have never seen a program that reveals how range is effected according to weather conditions, cold, wet, dark etc, wipers, heating, air-con, lights, lets throw in heated seats, all tests I have seen are in perfect daylight conditions. Tell you what, lets add a motorway traffic jam where all the above are operational but no distance is being achieved, could be for hours ! [3] Its rare but not unknown to experience power cuts, stormy weather, fallen trees, over demand as we are being pushed into an all electric future
  22. I gave mine a tankfull of Tesco Momentum a little while ago and honestly I didn't notice any difference, either in performance or fuel economy!
  23. didn't think about grey even harder to choose now lol.
  24. aboenaam joined the community
  25. I seem to like grey, ie gun metal grey, it tends to suit many body colours. My car is Deep Sea Blue Pearlescent - which means that it looks black most of the time, and its winter wheels are gun metal grey nowadays.
  26. Are some folks using super-unleaded petrol? I put a tank of the Costco stuff in ours and I honestly think it went a bit mental - the throttle response seemed so much sharper. I switched back to ordinary fuel and it took a while to calm down again. I can't say I noticed (or remember) gear shift points changing though.
  27. Hey everyone I need to refurb my alloys, but I don't know if should stay Black or change to Silver? any feedback is helpful thank you.
  28. Cool I have standard diffuser so sportline or l&k would be an upgrade for me! It would have to be dechromed of course! @tombee and myself can fight it out who gets which one and perhaps we can go half’s on postage!
  29. Hi guys! Quick question. I have a 2020 Matrix headlight and the numbers are 3V1941015D 3V1941016D. Sadly in an incident both are cracked and i want to buy used one. Hardly i found both and it was made in 2024 but the letters are not the same. (3V1941015E, 3V1941016E) Is it plug and play if i buy the 2024 or do i need to code something? Thank you!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.