Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Sorry it has taken a while to check. It is not good news, the 14" wheel does not fit over the Mondeo calliper, even with the 25mm spacers which I have fitted.
  3. TeslaVolt joined the community
  4. marceano joined the community
  5. The 5x4mm is presumably 3-phase, 400V.
  6. Thanks binx, it's the 7 speed so that's good to know.
  7. Today
  8. The OP also asked for typical mpg. According to the MySkoda app my 2024 Karoq 1.5TSi DSG has returned 45.2mpg over the last 30 days. That has been a mix of motorways, main & minor roads & Cotswold hills. Very little town driving. Total mileage in that time around 1400 miles.
  9. David_of_York joined the community
  10. That kind of makes sense; it must be to do with the way the cars start and stop. We all know that they have tremendous torque right from the start; even the mild hybrid Qashqai had that, and we also know that the regen can also be very powerful, so unless the driver adjusts their style of driving, the passengers can experience lots of whiplash moments, especially in town driving. I know from my car that my wife can suffer from sidewise motion, as she has zero sense of how to react when taking a corner or rounding a bend, for example, and sorts of rolls with the car, whereas anyone who has driving experience automatically stiffens themselves instinctively accordingly. The author of that article suggested that could be the quietness of the car; that sucks to me, as there are simply loads of very quiet cars. Even diesel cars can be very hushed, as witnessed by the number of diesel-powered luxury cars around.
  11. Supposedly VW had a program to design a new torque converter gearbox platform to replace DSG but canned it as EV legislation meant ICE cars have a limited production lifetime. Interestingly, Skoda just launched the Slavia in India with an 8 speed torque converter auto in the 1 litre, but they've stayed with DSG for the 1.5. Touch wood, our experience of DSG in Tiguan and Karoq has been fine, but I do think they'd be a 'nicer' drive with TC autos.
  12. If it’s 6 speed dsg it should be due a gearbox service soon. Interval is every 40,000 miles. (7 speed dsg is “sealed for life”) Check the service history when you get it to make sure it had the first one. If not I’d get one done asap for peace of mind and worth asking to see if the dealer will cover the cost as it missed the first one. Expect to pay around £300 to £400 at an independent and a bit more at agent. Otherwise so long as it’s had all its other servicing then it should be all good.
  13. Dogbone one at gearbox watch the bolts. On my sons there are two but one is longer than the other. If you mix them up you can wreck the steering rack which is above. Top ones look ok but difficult to tell. Maybe replace gearbox one first and see if it make a difference. Alasdair
  14. davidb67 joined the community
  15. Younger daughter does not like me using powerful Regen. Scenic has 4 levels i can use. So when she goes in the car I stick it mild or mid Regen and just leave it there. Hard to do when so use to doing lots of variable Regen. It can add 10% to the range.
  16. Question for you electric car owners/drivers: have any of your passengers ever complained about motion sickness? Why electric cars might be making some passengers feel sick - BBC News
  17. Boifreson started following Hello guys!
  18. Hello from me! I drive a Skoda Fabia Mk3 Colour edition with 1.0L 95HP TSI engine. I have minimal knowledge on how to modify my car but everything else with maintenance I have a good idea on it. I would love to learn about modifying for a smoother ride and also the looks aswell. Thank you, Boifreson.
  19. Boifreson joined the community
  20. I'm guessing that's 1.0mm2.
  21. tetley started following Fitting twin horns
  22. Hello everyone, just to say hello to everyone here and introduce myself with my first ever Skoda purchase. Me and the missus decided to purchase a 2016 Skoda superb se 1.4tsi act. I've never owned a Skoda before so this is my first on recommendations from a friend. Bought it the 29th October so only had it a few days and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. The build quality and smoothness of driving it is amazing. Having owned range rovers over the last 8 years I thought I could never find anything to at least match it. Unfortunately due to having major surgery I needed something more economical and cheaper to run, add it was costing me £200 a month just to keep it legal. So far I've yet to find fault with anything, it's very comfortable to drive and the dsg box is very smooth indeed along with the engine just purrs like a kitten. Decided on petrol as I'm sick of the price of diesel rising along with dpf, egr and other diesel problems. Very smooth to drive along with a very quiet cabin, interior build quality is extremely well put together. My missus loves it, even more so since she found the sports mode which I failed to tell her about, but now she's found it, oh well. It's only done 75k but no service history, however I've spoken to a dealer and says it's digital and to call back Monday. The car has been very well looked after previously only doing 7-8k a year between MOT's and nothing worn on the car at all. So yes, very happy so far. Is there anything to expect as in surprising problems that may arise? Thank you all.
  23. Skinneroo started following Parts For Sale
  24. Overfinch joined the community
  25. I expect the lower mount will make a much bigger difference.
  26. Just a follow up - the part number (OEM) for the cam follower cover gasket is actually 047103727, not 047103483 as quoted earlier. I only found out when I ordered without double checking and got a rocker box cover gasket instead. The rubber seal part number is correct, but only because the seals are the same for the cam follower cover and the rocker box cover.....
  27. Skoda Fabia Mk 3, but the brakes arefrom a Mk 2- happy days
  28. Dannybee117 started following Hello
  29. My yellow 5Metre cable that came with the car is labelled 5x4 mm+ 1x0.5.mm The blue 12.5 metre cable that is suspect is labelled 3x6mm + 2x0.5mm.
  30. Hi! Sorry to bother you after two years but I think I have a similar issue with my mk3.5 Octavia Combi/estate. It's a late 2017 model fitted with the 1.4 TSI 150bhp, 6speed manual. Bought it used at 55000 Kms (35000 milles) and currently sitting at 48000 miles. Ever since I bought it, I feel annoying vibrations through the pedals (mostly the gas pedal). Also the car is loud inside the cabin, but I always thought this was due to being an estate ( I also own a 1.0 TSI hatchback version which is a lot quieter). Never crossed my mind that these two were related, but after reading your post, I think I might also have a bad wheel bearing issue. When you felt the vibration through the pedals at was it at certain speeds or RPMs? Thanks in advance!
  31. I hope you didn't deduce that from what I posted because 1967 were the days when petrol was reasonably cheap, just a couple of years later I was running a Vanden Plas 3 Litre limo which I remember having to sell reluctantly in 1973 because of the chances of rationing, we were even given ration books for petrol, and that car drank fuel like there was no tomorrow.
  32. Just noticed (Jan 2026 ) car charging at a constant 14.4V ish over the past few days, this car is only averaging ~ 7 miles/day but stop/start still operating perfectly at 53% SOC, will stick my smart (max) 5A charger on it over the next few nights and see can I restore it to around 80% SOC. 12:38:49 Jan 2026 Polo 95BHP TSI 2638kms,1639miles. Engine Idling for ~ 5 minutes. Think battery is a 59AH EFB. IDE00019 Voltage terminal 30 14.4 V MAS16744-IDE01836 12-volt battery-Battery current 24.612 A MAS16744-IDE01837 12-volt battery-Temperature of battery sensor 28 °C MAS16744-IDE01839 12-volt battery-Battery charge status 53 % MAS16744-IDE01841 12-volt battery-Battery internal resistance 7.6 mOhm MAS16744-IDE01842 12-volt battery-Usable battery charge 16 Ah MAS16744-MAS06086 12-volt battery-Total re-charge 569.2 Ah MAS16744-MAS06087 12-volt battery-Entire energy throughput 578.1 Ah MAS16744-MAS22232 12-volt battery-Battery aging: charge-related 88 % MAS16745-IDE01843 Quiescent current management-Battery voltage at rest 12.1 V IDE02756 Number of manual engine starts 936 IDE02757 Number of automatic engine starts 422
  33. Me3 joined the community
  34. Dannybee117 joined the community
  35. Salvi joined the community
  36. Hello, I need a second opinion on this engine mount, I believe that it's gone and I plan to replace it. When the engine is running it's more-less ok, but it shakes a lot during starting. P.S. I might replace the lower engine mount as well (one from the front subframe that connects to the gearbox). P.P.S. Car in question is Fabia 1.4 MPI 50KW Thanks a lot
  37. Sorry boss, wont happen again
  38. The language of this forum is English, please post only in English.
  39. Profesore nisi jedini, imam isti problem, cak sam probao sa mbr i gpt particijama medutim nikako da se azurira, stick je u autu vec 2 tjedna i nikako da se azurira...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.