VCDS options on Superb III

Your need to go in 17-Instruments. Then 10-Adaptation and then check and replace values where needed for these parameters:

IDE00512-ESI: minimum value km-driving distance/inspection

IDE00513-ESI: maximum value km-driving distance/inspection

IDE01153-SIA: maximum value of distance to service

IDE03349-FIX: Max. distance until next mileage-related inspection

IDE05931-FIX: Reset value for next mileage-dependent inspection

However, be very careful. I had made a mistake upon system reset, and I really struggled with setting default values back.

Be sure of what you're intending to do!

@Gizmodid you wanna add this one to the tried and tested?

High Beam Assist Stays On, Even After Ignition Cycle

1. Go to 09 - Central Electronics 
  2. Select Security access, code is 31347
  3. Go to Adaptation
  4. Change the channel below to deactivated/nicht activ
    - ENG141650-ENG116639-Fernlicht_assistent-Fernlichtassistent Reset

This will make it so if High Beam Assist is enabled, once you turn the car off and on again it will remember the last setting and re-enable it automatically.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ApertureS said:

3. Go to Adaptation

This will make it so if High Beam Assist is enabled, once you turn the car off and on again it will remember the last setting and re-enable it automatically.

Looking forward to doing that one. Any chance of getting it to remember individual settings from the DCC

• Like 1

On 19/03/2022 at 14:09, ApertureS said:

3. Go to Adaptation

Worked perfectly many thanks 😊

• Like 1

On 19/03/2022 at 14:09, ApertureS said:

3. Go to Adaptation

I've seen some previous posts before but can you change what soped HBA is activated at? 

6 hours ago, techsearchuk said:

I've seen some previous posts before but can you change what soped HBA is activated at? 

No, u can't change at wat speed HBA activates, or deactivates.

It's embedded in the parameter file, which can't b modified.

U can however change the speed of when the cornering lights activate/deactivate.

Edited by JR RS

Any idea how to permanently turn off interior monitoring? Adaptation or coding. 
Whenever I switch it OFF in the infotainment system it will be ON again after unlocking/locking the car. 

Thank you

Edited by Luei

I’ve got a late 2021 Superb and one registration on my VCDS - I know things have changed in the later cars and you can’t tamper as much but does that include minor things like rear daytime lights and alarm chirp? In other words is it worth spending my last VCDS credit on a 2021 Superb?

On 30/03/2022 at 15:02, Berisford said:

I’ve got a late 2021 Superb and one registration on my VCDS - I know things have changed in the later cars and you can’t tamper as much but does that include minor things like rear daytime lights and alarm chirp? In other words is it worth spending my last VCDS credit on a 2021 Superb?

I activated rear DRLs on my superb along with a few other tweaks using obdeleven, I find it less cumbersome than vcds. 

2 hours ago, komoornik said:

Why on earth are you enabling rear DRLs?

It was meant to be like that, so when you are braking it's easier to spot during the day.

The rear DRLs are enabled by default in some Scandinavian countries so I’m not sure that’s the reason,

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Not sure how that would work, by your reconning they would have less need for rear DRL's as they have less daylight hours.

Brake lights are 4 times brighter than a sidelight / rear DRL, there really is NO problem in them making the brake lights harder to see during daylight hours, especially as the vast majority of cars on the roads have the 3rd brake light.

Where they are useful is when you don't have auto lights and you go into a tunnel, or pass under trees, or it gets a little bit misty.

Also on the cars with auto lights rear DRLs are extremelly usefull from safety point of view. For example one situation in which auto lights fail 100%: fog (without rain) during day. And than you see a lot of cars driving in the fog without any lights at the back which is crazy unsafe.

I have rear DRL on all my cars and I recommend them to all my customers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mtl said:

Also on the cars with auto lights rear DRLs are extremelly usefull from safety point of view. For example one situation in which auto lights fail 100%: fog (without rain) during day. And than you see a lot of cars driving in the fog without any lights at the back which is crazy unsafe.

I have rear DRL on all my cars and I recommend them to all my customers.

The reason I specifically missed out the word 'fog' was because you really should be aware of the poor visibility and not rely on the car to do it... but yes you are absolutely correct, auto lights cannot detect fog so it won't turn on the lights.

Given a choice I too always have them enabled as well (not always possible unfortunately). 

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

The reason I specifically missed out the word 'fog' was because you really should be aware of the poor visibility and not rely on the car to do it... but yes you are absolutely correct, auto lights cannot detect fog so it won't turn on the lights.

Given a choice I too always have them enabled as well (not always possible unfortunately). 

:) If you check out what people are doing while driving, than you understand immediatelly why so many drivers drive in the fog without turning on low beams with rear lights, yet alone turning on rear fog lights. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, komoornik said:

Modified the gateway dataset, driving mode and gearbox mode are not resetting now to Normal after ignition is switched off 😉

Done based on:

https://github.com/jilleb/MQB-FPA

What do you actually do? I don't see any instructions in that link just a link to give money...

There's pretty much everything there on Github.

What I have done:

1. grabbed xml dataset for gateway using ODIS online

2. used 010 editor with the provided template to edit a few things (change for each profile to which it should go back to and also change so it would not reset the gearbox mode)

3. used provided script in 010 editor to export the dataset with new checksum to ODIS format

4. exported dataset was used for parametrization via ODIS

I might try and figure out if and how it could be done via OBD11 - but I'm not sure my laziness will not defeat me ;) 

Tried a few bits and came a cropper on a few:

Fog lights as coming home lights, doesn’t include dry and eyelashes. Also, the xenon’s give a flash which I’m not overly keen on.

Have spotted I didn’t include eyelashes always on so maybe worth doing that to see if it works.

Automatically changing clocks to dst didn’t seem to work. Both setting to Europe and Auto both disabled the menu tick (ticked but non-responsive) but the clock went back an hour so permanently wrong.

Enabling fan speed on auto mode - guide states changing bit 6 from 01 to 41 but Bit 6 on mine was 0D so wasn’t sure what’s changed but would rather not muck about with that. 

Changing the interior colour - seems there is a channel for each colour(1-10 and 11-30) and hue(rgb) to amend, but I also noticed an additional channel for each hue with “lin” in the title. I changed the blue and green for colour 2 (seemed to be the colour for Comfort mode, although not the second colour in the palette so good knows what order they’re in) and the colour just became inactive until I put the numbers back to original. Was in a bit of a rush so couldn’t be as systematic as I wanted but wonder if I need to change the “lin” channel value too. Otherwise not sure what’s not working.

• 2 weeks later...

A question. Does anyone have the “tried, tested and implemented” full idiot VCDS coding please, to enable the eyelashes to work in conjunction with the DRL? The car in question is a 2016 L&K. Additionally, would this coding also work for on a ‘21 L&K? 
All help appreciated

Num

6 hours ago, numskull said:

A question. Does anyone have the “tried, tested and implemented” full idiot VCDS coding please, to enable the eyelashes to work in conjunction with the DRL? The car in question is a 2016 L&K. Additionally, would this coding also work for on a ‘21 L&K? 
All help appreciated

Num

Did mine like this;

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

(8)Leuchte17TFL R BLK ......... C17 to Daytime running lights

(10)Leuchte17TFL R BLK ......... CD17 to 100

(8)Leuchte16BLK SLB ......... C16 to Daytime running lights

(10)Leuchte16BLK SLB......... CD16 to 100

The CD are the brightness values, tinker with them and see how you like it, i think i got mine at 80 at the moment!

As for my 21, not sure, i believe the coding might be different, as the lights are a different design, possibly different functions as well!