Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Waiting for your feedback if any better on your side after changes. I am waiting if they will come to something new what it could be wrong.
  3. Well I upgraded the radiator to to the higher core 190 model. It's still crap - overheating both oil and water on incline - even at 65 kmh. Towing van is 1300 max Inc stuff in it. Not impressed.
  4. I could set it up on the table, I could test it. Why Only Columbus, MIB2 STD also have MOST
  5. I am a out to buy a 2014 superb tsi s estate, with Only 27000 miles on an EA111 engine. should i worry about the timing chain?
  6. I got air in my ABS unit once and I can confirm it causes a soft pedal. The pedal can be pumped hard with the engine off but would sink soft as soon as the engine was started. A little engine start sink is normal, an inch or so due to the servo, but I mean much more than that. Normal brake bleeding won't help but a VCDS ABS bleed procedure immediately cured the issue. You say you've refitted an ABS unit, I would not hesitate in saying you need to do the ABS bleed procedure on it. It is not only VCDS that can do that, many OBD scan tools can do ABS Brake Bleeding.
  7. Hi, Can’t say if there’s fuel in the filter but there’s residue around the top. Does the filter need priming? I’ve been searching the net and think I’ve found the fuel cut off and what I think it is is picture below. If that is it there was not “click” when ignition turned on and off. If that is it any idea where I can get a replacement?
  8. Today
  9. On the secondhand market, many sellers will simply advertise by what is on the sticker, so match that. The date code (17.05.16) on there is consistent with it being the car's original fitment. So ignore what Skoda are saying, for the reasons in my last post.
  10. This was my 2001 on a Y Reg vRS, some may remember it, yes that's the nurburgrimg. Poor thing did about 70 laps of that. After I sold it, I almost bought it back when it appeared on ebay many years after I sold it. Sadly it needed a fair amount of work to bring it back so I pulled out, and it sold to a breakers yard instead.
  11. Yes ,I have the 3Q2 423 051H on the rack ,I have and motor no is 5Q0 909 144. The showroom is not saying the part no is 5Q2 423 055L. Im planning to a get a used rack. So wanted to confirm the exact part no of RHD skoda superb.
  12. Thanks everyone, Good to see some of the old guard still around, just looked back and I joined here 24 years ago, that's scary. This is the Volvo, can't believe this is almost 10 years old now.
  13. Ah - the of a petrol or diesel! Maybe my problematic second hand 80K PHEV Octavia will come up trumps now multiple issues sorted and with ongoing oil crisis. You will still be in the money with all my recent service bills though!
  14. BillyLeach joined the community
  15. I'm fairly sure there's no lift pump on a D, I know there isn't on an SDI. Take a picture of your engine bay and I'll try to spot the stop valve. Is there fuel in the filter?
  16. Be very cautious if spraying any inflammable engine cleaner near the induction system - don't use it on a running engine!
  17. Hi, I’ve had my first attempt to look at the issue and to be honest, I didn’t get far. First of all I found that the diesel gauge isn’t working so I put 12l in. I then cranked it and was getting no fuel out or either the bleed nipple at the front or the injectors. My plan tomorrow is to disconnect the fuel feed pipe from the filter and try to prime the pump from there. I looked and place my finger on everything that had a wire going to it but I neither heard nor felt anything clicking. So, today’s questions are: 1, is there a lift pump in the tank or should the fuel pump draw the fuel up? 2, where is and what does the stop valve look like? I’ve google it and noting that’s coming up on my search looks like anything I have 🤷🏼‍♂️
  18. Hi Shakelton Snap Octavia First Skoda for me in fact. Mk iV Estate SE Technology 1.4Tsi PHEV Covid model early tech Plenty of problems Not being a spanner twirler myself left the multiple red and Orange fairy lights to the main dealers It’s been an expensive introduction to Skoda Picking up after latest issue HV chiller failure after previous incorrect diagnoses. Hopefully will start paying me back with my job now. I am not convinced but must live in hope. Tbh at least it’s not diesel and the complexity of the hybrid is maybe a silver lining in view of current oil supply crisis
  19. From Yeti to a Kamiq.
  20. I'm guessing it is due to some components that is being affected by the temperature. I'm seeing this error mostly in cold weather or in extreme hot temperatures.
  21. This rarely works on my vrs - new from Jan, 10k now on the clock. I'd say I do decent mileage, at least to charge the battery sufficiently. Work is 20 miles away, never seems to come on then randomly at weekends maybe on short journeys. Combine it with auto-hold and it's not exactly a smooth motion when it does decide to work.
  22. 2020 Superb L&K here: Columbus 9.2" (MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526, MU 1440) with the 10.25" Virtual Cockpit. The dash gets its map as video from the Columbus over the MOST fibre-optic link, which is why only Columbus cars can show a map in the cockpit. The open-source project mhi2_altscreen_carplay on GitHub feeds the CarPlay map into that same link instead. Its reference car is on exactly this firmware. It's been shown working in a real Škoda (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze), but it's developer-only for now: you need SSH access to the head unit and there's no SD-card installer yet. Anyone else on SKG13/MU 1440 looking at testing?
  23. In case anyone is interested in how this was resolved. I read that on the 4x4 saddle tank the secondary pickup on the LHS drains the left side of the fuel tank first, once that’s empty it drains the RHS. LHS is just a pickup & a float sensor while the RHS has a pump and another float sensor. The tank was only registering a drop in level after about 200 miles indicating it was the LHS that was at fault. So after a couple of false starts I sourced the correct parts. I got the RHS float sensor from Skoda for about £110, part number 3Q0-919-673-K, I figured I may as well change it at the same time. I could only get the whole LHS assembly, I picked one up on eBay for £100, part number 3Q0-919-098-B I also invested in a fuel pump ring removal tool which made life a lot easier than using a chisel to get the pumps out. LHS side first, I popped the pickup unit out and just unclipped the whole thing from the hose and replaced it with the new one. On the other side I just unclipped the float sensor, popped it out and replaced it making sure the wires were rerouted the same way. On opening up the suspect float sensor the pickups were very worn and was showing intermittent resistance so definitely where the fault was coming from. On the plus side the fuel gauge appears to be working properly again.
  24. That would be very nice, I think thats why I haven't pulled the trigger on them as I do like the factory look, with the non gloss and fins not being anywhere else on the car. Let me know how much etc
  25. Hi everyone. If I update via USB—going from version 304 to 308 and then 330—will everything still work in the MySkoda app? Things like remote unlocking, vehicle location, and alarm notifications? Will I be able to log into my account and set myself as the primary user? And here’s a crucial point: what happens if I don't clear the SVM version compatibility error after the update (since I don't have the cable)? Google AI told me that remote functions wouldn't work due to a software version mismatch. What have your experiences been with the online account after a manual update? I have active Infotainment Online and Care Connect subscriptions, but I'm stuck with old software and an endless OTA update loop for three apps that’s been going on since June. Skoda wants to charge me for an update, even though they broke the system in the first place—which really infuriated me...
  26. Seen by caffyns today. It needs a new part, which is one that needs the exhaust removing for access! Booked for 13th October. i will try to get a look at the removed part, and a photo if possible.
  27. Hi , after reading many forum entries on here I thought it would be better to join. I normally twirl spanners on motorcycles , not professionally, just a hobby. We are on our fourth Skoda , an Octavia but we also still have a 20 year old Fabia .

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.