Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. What type of use does this car get - is it mainly used for short runs? There isn't normally a lot of headspace between the battery SOC level that the smart charge alternator maintains and the SS cut-off level, plus SS won't be available if one, of at least 6-8, operation parameters are met.
  3. Charging the battery: if this helps only temporarily, replace the battery regardless of age or mileage.
  4. This old chestnut seems to have been a re-occurring theme on BRISKODA forums, with various Skoda models affected although I couldn't see any reports from Mk4 Octavia owners; hence this new topic. I've had my vehicle just over a month now, so it's 10 months old with 6200 on the clock. For the first few days the auto start-stop (ASS) worked as expected, but now, for some reason it never activates. Having read other users reports, it would seem a battery issue may be the likely cause. I've tried driving without any extra drain on the battery i.e. heated steering wheel, air con. etc. but to no avail. I didn't purchase the car from a Skoda dealer, so I'm assuming that all the pre-sale checks carried out by the seller (Cinch) may have included a battery charge as standard.. Have any Mk4 owners experienced this issue and if so was there a successful resolution? Any input would be most welcome before I make a visit to my local Skoda garage. Many thanks in anticipation.
  5. Just to close this thread, I just decides to use the free version spotify on my phone. But thanks for the imput to my query.
  6. Yes, that would be reasonable, but do they actually do it? Even if they do, if they charge it at the actual cost to VWFS that's going to be way less than the dealers retail price so it would still be a good deal. But unless someone has been through this, it's unknown - hence my question.
  7. Well, no you don't. I cancelled the one on our Karoq after 5mths so as to get the cheaper rate in Black Friday offer. I hadn't used any of the elements of the plan. Not only did I not have to pay any extra, after reading of someone who got a refund, I pushed and with much grumpiness they refunded me the 5mths I'd paid as goodwill. Only issue I had is they didn't link the two plans together so it looked like there'd been a 5 mths gap in warranty cover. This meant that the plan showed a 30 day waiting period for the warranty to start. They confirmed to me in email that this was wrong and they would waive it.
  8. @lol-lol 1.4tsi 4x4 manual 5 seat. It's a good combination with none of the DSG or adblue worries and, being 5 seat takes my daughter's wheelchair in the boot with no dismantling of it, or seat folding necessary.
  9. Today
  10. So, had the battery on slow charge for 18-19 hours, Disconnected and fired the car up all warning lights cleared, I have to go out latr, about a 25 mile trip so that should give me an idea if it was just battery base, also a chum is coming round later this morning torun a vcds trial. Will keep you all updated!
  11. Well, after another fiddle yesterday evening, I have resolved but admittedly this is a bit of user error 🫢 I had convinced myself I'd turned off and tested the 'automatic activation' but lo and behold that was the culprit. Thanks for the responses.
  12. Thanks thats a good shout, I didn't know that they came with OEM ones, thanks all @ile7 @Binx1310 @JR RS
  13. I have the RPM Res Delete pipe already fitting, this is for more of a burble at idle along with looking better. Happy to change the rear valance, looking at OE, Maxton or Reiger currently hence why asking about the rear boxes as would like to have those tips, I have looked at multiple different types but thought this might be a good option for appearance and slight noise increase. Supersprint is lovely but very pricey, had a cat back system on my E34 M5, so just seeing about other options.
  14. TBH something like the basic OBD Eleven or similar will pay for itself over time if you want to save some money doing your own servicing or mtce.
  15. Originally yes, but they have a proof of concept working on Skoda. Anyone here interested in having it I wonder?
  16. Hi, anyone in Aus fitted a Catch can to their fabia 2 vrs with parts from Aus? UK parts/ postage is ridiculous.
  17. pomm started following Oil catch can
  18. Forgot to say located near Belper in Derbyshire. Also have both keys.
  19. The 3q2...051h part number is probably just for the rack, minus the track rods and ends. The 5q2...055L probably includes all the bits. You may not be able to buy 'just the rack' as a new part from Skoda, so have been given the part number of what you can buy. Have you seen the 3q2 part number on a physical label on the rack?
  20. Hi. i have a skoda superb with a 2,0 tdi commen rail system. When i first start it up in the morning, and rev the engine to about 2000 rpm is ticking until it gets warm. could it be injektors? thanks Skoda superb.html
  21. MathiasP started following Ticking noise
  22. Simple SD Card, nur for junp Firmware train you have to Patch
  23. Ah yes. Good spot. I think the process is the same but need to make sure you get the right update package. If you put your existing software train into MiB helper it will tell you the latest version. If there is more than one version between your existing and current one you may have to upgrade in stages https://mib-helper.com
  24. yes, u can fit the mufflers off a 280 on to ur 220, but u'll need to either cut out ur rear diffuser so the exhaust tip can stick out, or u need to change the rear diffuser to the 280 version. the centre exhaust pipe and rear pipes leading to the mufflers r different between the 280 and 220. the 280 having the AWD haldex routes different under the back half the car compared to the 220 without a haldex. the mufflers on the 220 point downwards. the mufflers on the 280 r straight out. BUT.....more importantly - u gain NOTHING by fitting the mufflers from a 280 on to a 220. ur better off getting sports mufflers, or resonator delete pipe and/or downpipe.
  25. mine originally came with LED lights for the interior. only the boot had halogen versions, which i replaced with LED ones from Kopacek. perhaps u can look at Kopacek for interior "OEM" versions?
  26. based on the hardware part number - u have a MIB2 Amundsen unit. the guide i created is for a MIB2 Columbus. hence i would refrain from using the how-to-guide i created. i don't know wat the firmware upgrade process is for Amundsen unit.
  27. It’s a hack of the MMI—specifically, the Audi MIB High system.
  28. Yesterday
  29. Hence, what I said the other day about the UK has zero plans, etc., and yet we allowed Grangemouth to close, Port Talbot steelworks, gas reserves, etc., to be sold. All our utilities are foreign-owned, leaving us completely vulnerable. The UK is in a very bad position because of a whole string of poorly thought-out decisions that were not in the best interests of the country or the majority of the population.
  30. I’ve got Clubsport reps holding up well. Online place called powerbrakes do SHW performance versions (I think SHW are OE supplier to BMW and Audi). Golf CS reps I made the mistake of DS2500 though which are made of more brake dust than every other brake pad put together.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.