Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. 1540kg Kerb Weight - so just over 200kg difference - the Renault website suggested your Scenic is 1853Kg which is where my 300kg comment came from but that could be for the larger battery version? Having checked your tyre size both Primacy and Primacy-e are still rated at 70db.
  3. It will be due its first service in about 3 weeks, I will mention it then but it’s a new dealership ( Doncaster ) so I doubt they will want to get too involved in looking any deeper than a cursory check over
  4. Your profile does not give your location - is this a LHD vehicle?
  5. Update: I managed to find how to quit the engineering menu & back to normal I think I’ve bricked the software, held down menu it brought up the options update software, but just got the screen shown in the pic & it doesn’t go when I turn off the engine & lock the car, I tried the usb stick, but nothing happened, that’s why I tried this route, now I’ve got no navigation or radio etc, has anyone had similar issues & know how to get out of this without a trip to Skoda
  6. Think the yeti uses electromechanic steering so no fluid. Could be a dodgy wheel sensor, steering angle sensor or as simple as low battery. Did the ESP come on as well? best option is to get it scanned with vcds to see if there are any stored codes. Alasdair
  7. I reckon that's a good price for those tyres, good effort. In due course, please let us know what you think of them.
  8. If your front wheels aren't showing any showing brake pad dust at all, I'd get them inspected to check that they were operating correctly - especially if you are experiencing anything 'odd' about the feel of them.
  9. The left-hand stalk controls the indicators, while the right-hand stalk controls the wipers and has a button for the on-board computer.
  10. There are 2 questions here - Is it the 4x4 only that has non fake exhaust trims whereby the exhaust exits via the rear chrome pipe sections on the rear valance If the above is the case can the back boxes only fit a 220tsi FWD car? Also are there any other options for exhaust rear, I was going to get a H tips to my backbox, but seems the company now no longer makes them as they were offset so the would work and not in the middle unless I can fine another pair which I like. Thanks
  11. aalmann joined the community
  12. I changed my interior lights to some LED ones, these worked for a period of time but some have failed etc, mainly the overhead ones/reading lights. Now the darker months are on their way, has anyone replaced their interior lights with LED bulbs? I don't have the old ones as when having the office conversion I chucked them. Thanks
  13. Welcome to the forum. Doesn't your RH column stalk control the indicators and wipers?
  14. The first thing that needs to be done is a scan of the vehicle for any recorded DTCs. Was the car recovered to somewhere that is able do this?
  15. chris_hac joined the community
  16. @SoundQualitySkoda Did you find a cure for this problem?
  17. Its not only that EV vans are getting better year on year for the new models but us EV owners are learning new and better practices also on running the vehicles. I was on the tariffs where it was cheaper on the overnight charging which meant, particularly on cooler nights the charge would finish about 0530 and the battery cool and range would decrease. Now I am on a tariff where day time charging is oft cheaper and I have probably biult up a credit from negative priced weekend charging I routinely have the EVs charging right up to the point of departure. Battery is warmer and the cabin preheated which means more ranfw on offer and ok to charge beyond the 80% normal daily limit for NMC chemistry as the car is to be used immediately. All things learnt in the 5 years of running EVs. Continued goverment support, last government and this one makes the whole trip a pleasure and economic help to ones budget in these challenging economic times.
  18. Today
  19. @Evolution13 not really groundhog day, it's horses for courses, vans that are used for light duty are fine as EVs for most councils, but not so for the trades dept where Transists, Sprinters etc are the order of the day to carry 8x4 sheets of plasterboard plywood etc along with loads of heavy tools etc. My HA has a mix of both types for exap Mp
  20. Bluetooth is A2DP/AVRCP BT6506 Hardware is Part no. 5Q00035874A H24 Software 0245 Navigation Part no. 5L0051236E 0430 ECE 2015/16 Media codec 2101.0.0.10 one of those must mean something!
  21. Please post only in English, that's the forum language.
  22. Please supply the jetb weight of your petrol Skoda ? Think my Scenic is 1746 kgs kerb weight. Be amazed if it is 300 kgs difference. 70 decibels is on the quietish for any tyre and is measured external in the noise tests as I understand. I have tge nice slim 205/55R19s on my Scenic. Cheapish to replace and its looking like none will need replacing in its 4 year PCP period as wear is so low. New current version of the Scenic has a minimum of 220 hp, mines 170 hp, so i hope it does wear tyres faster. Even with 67 KWh LFP battery I don't think it weights more than a few Kgs more. Which engine do you gave in your Skoda ?
  23. It's likely that the cp4 pump gave out, or that the DPF is full and needs to be replaced. To give you a price would be ridiculous, as I cannot properly diagnose your car from Germany and I have very little information about your car. Both options are expensive, but not the only possibilities.
  24. Have a nice continuation of a bri-Skoda journey!!
  25. leolito started following Changing Cars
  26. Groundhog day again. The Councils / Local Authority discussion was done several times here. Location location location. There will be councils where VANS have to do lots of miles in a day, and others that might just be a city and the miles their vehicles might not be so much. Getting BEV,s into the mix is just a case of what the Local Authority is prepared to sort out as far as economics and efficiency and meeting the Net Zero targets that they need to be meeting.
  27. Hi fellow SKODA owners. My 2012 Superb 2.0 TDi 170CR with 203K on the clock sadly let me down whilst returning from France last week. Having effortlessly carried us to the South of France we disappointingly broke down on the way home just 30 miles into our journey but 800 miles from home. After being recovered to the nearest recovery depot we duly made alternative arrangements to get home to then start the process of dealing with our breakdown cover which happens to the AA through SKODA Assist. The first surprise was to be told that our car would be repaired through the SKODA Warranty. This came as a surprise as servicing at the local SKODA dealer ended a long time ago to be replaced by me carrying out routine servicing and more involved jobs such as clutches etc to be handled by my trusted local specialist. All I had done had maintained my breakdown cover with Skoda Assist ever since they wrote to me when the car was 3 years old. Who was I to argue if someone else was going to pay. It all started to unravel when I was told that SKODA in France do not offer the reciprocal arrangement and anyway the nearest dealer in Beziers has a 3 month waiting time for repairs. To date I have not been able to get an accurate diagnosis as to what the problem is and I need to make a decision whether to get the vehicle back to the UK and repaired. To complicate matters the current market value of the car is less than the cost of repatriation. I have the option to repatriate the car myself for which I will be reimbursed up to the value of the car. Having looked at the cost of doing so I can do so without putting my own hand in my pocket. The problem is that the breakdown cover will only reimburse my out of pocket expenses for getting the car back home once I can prove the car has been repaired. All I can share here is what happened. Car was running absolutely fine, we were on the motorway sitting happily at 70mph with the cruise control on when without any indication ie. noise etc we started to slow down. My first reaction was to put my foot on the pedal but with no response. Looking at the dash the glow plug warning light was flashing. Thankfully we were going downhill and were able to free wheel into an SOS layby. Having stopped I briefly tried to start the engine but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem. If it's a problem that is £1500-2000k or above then the car will most likely be left in France. The car has been brilliant but is nearly 14 years old and has done 203K miles. The mileage does not put me off and since I know the car and that it has never let me down I would prefer to keep it running. Some might think I am being sentimental but to buy a 3 or 4 year old replacement that has all the same features as the one I have will cost me £30K. Any help would be appreciated.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.