All Activity
- Past hour
-
Very strange brake feedback - Kodiaq SE
If your front wheels aren't showing any showing brake pad dust at all, I'd get them inspected to check that they were operating correctly - especially if you are experiencing anything 'odd' about the feel of them.
-
Warrior193 started following Very strange brake feedback - Kodiaq SE
-
Adding cruise control to Octavia 3fl
The left-hand stalk controls the indicators, while the right-hand stalk controls the wipers and has a button for the on-board computer.
-
-
Exhaust Backbox
There are 2 questions here - Is it the 4x4 only that has non fake exhaust trims whereby the exhaust exits via the rear chrome pipe sections on the rear valance If the above is the case can the back boxes only fit a 220tsi FWD car? Also are there any other options for exhaust rear, I was going to get a H tips to my backbox, but seems the company now no longer makes them as they were offset so the would work and not in the middle unless I can fine another pair which I like. Thanks
-
aalmann joined the community
-
Brighter Interior Lights
I changed my interior lights to some LED ones, these worked for a period of time but some have failed etc, mainly the overhead ones/reading lights. Now the darker months are on their way, has anyone replaced their interior lights with LED bulbs? I don't have the old ones as when having the office conversion I chucked them. Thanks
-
Adding cruise control to Octavia 3fl
Welcome to the forum. Doesn't your RH column stalk control the indicators and wipers?
-
-
Breakdown In France WOES
The first thing that needs to be done is a scan of the vehicle for any recorded DTCs. Was the car recovered to somewhere that is able do this?
-
chris_hac joined the community
- Loss of power, black smoke
-
the truth about electric cars
Its not only that EV vans are getting better year on year for the new models but us EV owners are learning new and better practices also on running the vehicles. I was on the tariffs where it was cheaper on the overnight charging which meant, particularly on cooler nights the charge would finish about 0530 and the battery cool and range would decrease. Now I am on a tariff where day time charging is oft cheaper and I have probably biult up a credit from negative priced weekend charging I routinely have the EVs charging right up to the point of departure. Battery is warmer and the cabin preheated which means more ranfw on offer and ok to charge beyond the 80% normal daily limit for NMC chemistry as the car is to be used immediately. All things learnt in the 5 years of running EVs. Continued goverment support, last government and this one makes the whole trip a pleasure and economic help to ones budget in these challenging economic times.
-
the truth about electric cars
@Evolution13 not really groundhog day, it's horses for courses, vans that are used for light duty are fine as EVs for most councils, but not so for the trades dept where Transists, Sprinters etc are the order of the day to carry 8x4 sheets of plasterboard plywood etc along with loads of heavy tools etc. My HA has a mix of both types for exap Mp
-
Software upgrade
Bluetooth is A2DP/AVRCP BT6506 Hardware is Part no. 5Q00035874A H24 Software 0245 Navigation Part no. 5L0051236E 0430 ECE 2015/16 Media codec 2101.0.0.10 one of those must mean something!
- Amundsen MIB1 Firmware update finally completed - MSTD_EU_SK_P6230 MU0490
-
the truth about electric cars
Please supply the jetb weight of your petrol Skoda ? Think my Scenic is 1746 kgs kerb weight. Be amazed if it is 300 kgs difference. 70 decibels is on the quietish for any tyre and is measured external in the noise tests as I understand. I have tge nice slim 205/55R19s on my Scenic. Cheapish to replace and its looking like none will need replacing in its 4 year PCP period as wear is so low. New current version of the Scenic has a minimum of 220 hp, mines 170 hp, so i hope it does wear tyres faster. Even with 67 KWh LFP battery I don't think it weights more than a few Kgs more. Which engine do you gave in your Skoda ?
-
Breakdown In France WOES
It's likely that the cp4 pump gave out, or that the DPF is full and needs to be replaced. To give you a price would be ridiculous, as I cannot properly diagnose your car from Germany and I have very little information about your car. Both options are expensive, but not the only possibilities.
-
Jason_E started following Breakdown In France WOES
- Today
-
Changing Cars
Have a nice continuation of a bri-Skoda journey!!
-
leolito started following Changing Cars
-
the truth about electric cars
Groundhog day again. The Councils / Local Authority discussion was done several times here. Location location location. There will be councils where VANS have to do lots of miles in a day, and others that might just be a city and the miles their vehicles might not be so much. Getting BEV,s into the mix is just a case of what the Local Authority is prepared to sort out as far as economics and efficiency and meeting the Net Zero targets that they need to be meeting.
-
Breakdown In France WOES
Hi fellow SKODA owners. My 2012 Superb 2.0 TDi 170CR with 203K on the clock sadly let me down whilst returning from France last week. Having effortlessly carried us to the South of France we disappointingly broke down on the way home just 30 miles into our journey but 800 miles from home. After being recovered to the nearest recovery depot we duly made alternative arrangements to get home to then start the process of dealing with our breakdown cover which happens to the AA through SKODA Assist. The first surprise was to be told that our car would be repaired through the SKODA Warranty. This came as a surprise as servicing at the local SKODA dealer ended a long time ago to be replaced by me carrying out routine servicing and more involved jobs such as clutches etc to be handled by my trusted local specialist. All I had done had maintained my breakdown cover with Skoda Assist ever since they wrote to me when the car was 3 years old. Who was I to argue if someone else was going to pay. It all started to unravel when I was told that SKODA in France do not offer the reciprocal arrangement and anyway the nearest dealer in Beziers has a 3 month waiting time for repairs. To date I have not been able to get an accurate diagnosis as to what the problem is and I need to make a decision whether to get the vehicle back to the UK and repaired. To complicate matters the current market value of the car is less than the cost of repatriation. I have the option to repatriate the car myself for which I will be reimbursed up to the value of the car. Having looked at the cost of doing so I can do so without putting my own hand in my pocket. The problem is that the breakdown cover will only reimburse my out of pocket expenses for getting the car back home once I can prove the car has been repaired. All I can share here is what happened. Car was running absolutely fine, we were on the motorway sitting happily at 70mph with the cruise control on when without any indication ie. noise etc we started to slow down. My first reaction was to put my foot on the pedal but with no response. Looking at the dash the glow plug warning light was flashing. Thankfully we were going downhill and were able to free wheel into an SOS layby. Having stopped I briefly tried to start the engine but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem. If it's a problem that is £1500-2000k or above then the car will most likely be left in France. The car has been brilliant but is nearly 14 years old and has done 203K miles. The mileage does not put me off and since I know the car and that it has never let me down I would prefer to keep it running. Some might think I am being sentimental but to buy a 3 or 4 year old replacement that has all the same features as the one I have will cost me £30K. Any help would be appreciated.
-
Junips99 started following Breakdown In France WOES
-
the truth about electric cars
EV weight may be coming down but they are still heavy - eg your 'lightweight' French Renault Scenic is heavier than my 'heavy' German petrol Kodiaq by a margin of around 300kg. In terms of tyres - yes they are designed to be quiet inside the car - hence the absorbing foam etc... BUT... the drive-by noise rating remains largely the same for similar tyre sizes - eg both the Michelin Primacy 4 and Michelin Primacy-e in 235/50R19 size both have a noise rating of 70dB. I think you may be seeing what you want to see, as opposed to what is actually being seen?
-
Very strange brake feedback - Kodiaq SE
Following on from my earlier post, one of my colleagues has exactly the same car as mine, he has no issues with the brakes on his and the front wheels on his car collect quite a bit of brake dust, mine dont, despite some ‘spirited’ driving. I can only assume that like all manufacturers Skoda have more than one supplier of brake components including pads, and the compounds are probably not the same, which would explain the differing driving experiences that seem to be prevalent amongst owners. If it were my own car i would be changing the pads, probably to Brembo, to see what difference it makes.
- Amundsen MIB1 Firmware update finally completed - MSTD_EU_SK_P6230 MU0490
-
the truth about electric cars
Two companies I have been most associated with are Ceva and DPD and Ceva are looking to bring the Windrose trucks to the UK and I presume the frightening increasing in diesel costs and strong desire to go to lower carbon footprint the Ceva UK fleet is predominately running on HVO rather than diesel. Can be a little more than diesel and is erratic pricing. Hope to see the Windrose EV HGVs on the road soon but I am sure they will want to test in cooler weather but Windrose has already done much of this and truck has 800v architecture and charging is very good in the chargers are there which is something Uk government working on with Gridserve and others to hit the 2040 deadline of all trucks being electric..... https://www.gridserve.com/electric-freightway/ https://www.cevalogistics.com/en/news-and-media/newsroom/press-release/ceva-uk-investment-low-emission-fleet DPD also breaking out from EV delivery vans not just being mainly cities..... DPD UK is expanding its electric van fleet with 341 new Mercedes-Benz eSprinters, taking the parcel carrier’s total number of electric vehicles to more than 4,000. The first vans are due to enter service in September, with the full batch scheduled to be operational by the end of October. They will be deployed both within the M25 and at locations elsewhere in the UK, ahead of the company’s peak Christmas delivery period. DPD said the new vehicles will allow it to extend the use of larger electric vans beyond the inner-city areas where much of its EV fleet has so far been concentrated. According to the company, its electric vehicles currently operate across more than 7,300 UK postcodes. In 2025, DPD delivered more than 85 million parcels using electric vehicles, including a predominantly diesel-free final-mile operation within London’s North and South Circular roads. Olly Craughan, head of sustainability at DPD UK, said larger panel vans remain central to the company’s final-mile operation. "The eSprinters can carry the same payload as the equivalent 3.5t diesel while the new battery technology and improved range mean more of our depots can start deploying larger EVs further afield,” he said". DPD pushes electric vans beyond city centres with hundred...DPD pushes electric vans beyond city centres with hundreds-strong order
- OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
-
OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
Can't pm, sorry i'm too new, could you message me?
-
OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
Still available, pm if interested.
-
About to embark on Skoda ownership, Superb L&K Estate
@commievid how's the alu subframe? Its starting to fall on my radar so want to get some proper feedback.
- vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?