All Activity
- Past hour
-
Offered an OTA update today
I don’t think so. Just have to wait our turn. Still waiting on our kodiaq
- Today
-
Diesel fuel additives
I did a bit of looking in to this using Google's AI mode. Where I got to was: Rotate between one tank full with Millers Ecomax to three tanks full with Dipetane with a "clean" tank in between to clear out the additives. Giving: Tank full with Millers Tank full with no additive Tank full with Dipetane Tank full with Dipetane Tank full with Dipetane Tank full with no additive Then back to 1. The idea being Millers does "cleaning" while Dipetane gives a cleaner burn and less carbon build up. Both are supposed to help increase MPG as well over just diesel.
-
MunsterScot started following Diesel fuel additives
-
Parts code sticker
Yes i found that out here's my vin that's for that don't see why we should have to pay extra for the information.
-
Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback – power tailgate won't open/close – VCDS diagnosis
Error Log?
-
-
Diesel fuel additives
@petertr Yes, I did the same but with Archoil, Millers wasn't available at the moment - I bought 5L can and refill a small bottle before or after I go to the gas station. Premium diesel is good, but with these fuel prices, it's just not an option. Adding this stuff makes the engine less noisy and reduces the DPF regens, or at least I think it does :D
-
Parts code sticker
Or message me with VIN.
-
Parts code sticker
Skoda haven't fitted a sticker for years.
-
New SD card not being recognised
Hi folks, I've recently got myself a 2010 Scout with what I believe to be the Bolero system. It doesn't have an sat nav in it, not an problem. It has a button that say 'phone' but all that does is mute the radio! Any ideas if it will actually connect to a mobile phone. When I try and connect via bluetooth, there are no obvious connections available. I'm guessing the answer will be "nope" It does have a slot for an SD card. I've copied a load of tracks onto an brand new card but when I insert the card, I get a message about the card not being recognised. Does anyone know a way of testing if this can be resolved. I have discovered that it can take 6 CD's so my personal music choices can be expanded. I also have a Pure Highway digital radio so all is not lost music wise. Cheers.
-
cwt started following New SD card not being recognised
-
Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback – power tailgate won't open/close – VCDS diagnosis
Hi everyone, I've searched the forum and found several similar tailgate problems, but I haven't been able to find a solution that exactly matches my case. If this has already been discussed or solved elsewhere, my apologies, and I'd really appreciate a link to the relevant thread. I preferred to start a new topic rather than resurrect an old one because my symptoms are slightly different. However, I've read the previous cases and will test the suggested solutions, particularly the latch/closing-assist mechanism, and report the results here. Car: Skoda Superb III, 2017, 3V3 Liftback (not Estate/Combi), 1.4 TSI 150 PS, DSG7 automatic. Main problemPressing the opening button operates the latch, but the tailgate does not lift by itself. If I give it a small manual push, the electric drive starts working, raises it to approximately 1/4 of its travel and stops. Normally it will not power-close either. Pressing the button only produces the "beep beep" warning. The interesting part is that when the car correctly detects the boot as open and the open-tailgate symbol appears on the instrument cluster, the tailgate can sometimes continue electrically all the way to fully open. If it reaches fully open, it can sometimes power-close normally as well. Because of this, we're particularly interested in the latch/closing-assist mechanism and the signals used by 6D to determine whether the tailgate is open or closed. VCDS findings so farBoth position sensors track each other extremely closely. For example, at approximately 24% opening: Position Sensor 1: 512 Position Sensor 2: 511 Rear lid position: 24% When completely closed, both sensors return to 0. After clearing the previous faults and reproducing the problem, 6D currently stores no new DTC. I have also tried: Rear lid: reset standardization Adapt flap opening angle Both Basic Settings start but remain indefinitely on Running and never complete. 6D controllerSW: 5Q0 959 107 L HW: 5Q0 959 107 J Component: HDSG-Modul H13 0261 Coding: 1008 ASAM: EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736 001014 I'm using VCDS 21.9.0 x64 with an AliExpress interface which cannot be updated, so I'm also keeping in mind the possibility of a limitation with this VCDS/interface setup. What I'm looking forApart from ideas about the fault itself, I'm particularly looking for data from a known-good Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback (not Estate): complete 6D Controller Map, 6D Adaptation Map / ADP map, 6D coding/configuration, and, if possible, measuring values related to the latch/closing assist and reasons for cancellation/stopping of tailgate movement. Ideally from the same or a very similar module: 5Q0 959 107 L HW: 5Q0 959 107 J HDSG-Modul H13 0261 EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736 001014 Coding: 1008 I don't want to run Resetting all adaptations until I have backed up my current configuration and, preferably, have a known-good configuration for comparison. If anyone has a 3V3 Liftback with an electric tailgate and VCDS, or has experienced similar symptoms, any information would be greatly appreciated. I'll update the thread with the results of further tests and, of course, the solution if we manage to find the cause. Thanks!
-
-
Kodiaq steering wheel vibration
Date of manufaktured is 30 05 2026
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
How long do you leave the battery on charge at each 2 month charging interval?, does it display the charging voltage and if so do you leave it charging until the voltage falls to some known/recommended level?.
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
If that's the app that lets you lock the car, start the heating etc - yes I have that. Always have. Still no OTA update other than this daily UI update one. Is there a way to trigger it to start either in the car or on the app? Have never been to a dealer with this car, its 2021, so hardly under warranty or anything. Have the SOS error too at the moment (and the charger flap fail, which is going to get fixed next week)
-
JD52 started following installed automatic lighting but not working
-
Scotty68 started following Parts For Sale
-
Diesel fuel additives
I looked into this years ago when I worked night shifts and had countless hours on my hands. Came to the conclusion that Millers Diesel Eco Max or whatever it is called wouldn't hurt, and could well help. Found it was largely the same thing that fuel stations add to their standard fuel to make it their premium version, just that it works out miles cheaper to do it yourself. So yeah, I bought a huge can of the stuff, and added it to all the diesel cars I had from then onwards. No longer own one but gave the leftovers to my dad who uses it in his Seat.
-
petertr started following Diesel fuel additives
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Yes the OTA update 0334 for the infotainment seems to fix the issue... If you have the "connect services" subscription then you should receive it automatically. If not, you can ask the dealer to do it, because of the daily updates they may accept as it's really a "Bugfix". Otherwise there is a manual way to update the firmware cus USB I think. There are some links on the forum somewhere. Gabbo
-
installed automatic lighting but not working
Hi, i installed automatic lighting into my car but I cant get it to work. I put in a sensor part number 5q0955547b, light switch 5E0941431D and add a repair cable from pin 2 on the connector block on the light switch to pin 16 on the 72 pin plug to the bcm. Then on vcds i changed byte 6 to installed. The automatic windscreen wiper work. I have tried bought another switch and also tried a different cable. 1 Fault Found: 929796 - Light Switch U110B 00 [00001001] - No Communcations [Lichtschalterkeine Kommunikation] It also shows the part number for the sensor Rain/Light Recognition Sensor: Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5Q0 955 547 B HW: 5Q0 955 547 B Labels: 5Q0-955-547.CLB Component: RLHS 042 0105 Serial number: S5Y16M12D22H06M57S19 Coding: 07805D
-
haribo862003 started following installed automatic lighting but not working
-
Auto Start-Stop not functioning
It's a RSC608, but I think this model was updated a few years ago.
-
Warrior193 started following Auto Start-Stop not functioning
-
Breakdown
Hi, please accept my apologies for not responding, this is my first time back on the forum since the car went, it was pretty much as bazz2004 has described, no clear explanation as to what the issue was, just booked into their workshop and collected it later that day and all was sorted, but I’m afraid that was it for me, we genuinely liked the car it was a good all rounder but we just couldn’t see past this breakdown, I wish you all the best 👍
-
-
Offered an OTA update today
I haven't been offered a system update, just daily for that UI update for months. Any way to trigger it to happen?
- EPC Light On During Drive Home From Purchase Of Car
-
Repeated daily Infotainment update issues
Still having the issue, assume I'm on an old FW version - is that the fix, updating the FW? Is there a simple guide to doing that?
-
Parts code sticker
I searched high and low on my 2024 Mk4.5 to find such a sticker. It appears that it was never there. VIN decoder, car info, factory equipment (PR codes) for Audi VW Seat Skoda VAG £4.72Unit price £4.72 Item number: 286236597304 The above item from an ebay seller tells you every little detail about your car.
- Strange flickering from inteface consul
-
Cleaning Veritate wheels
My first wash of the gutter channel on the barrel of the Veritate rims involved a microfibre towel and my little finger! I consoled myself that, given time, practice, ingenuity and this forum, I will find a better and faster method. It will happen!
-
Another Superb
She looks lovely, thanks for the pic! I know the wheels are a complete pain but they make such a difference to the stance of the car IMHO. My dealer ceramic coated our car as a no cost option. Unsure if I would have paid extra and I was a bit ungrateful when the Sales Manager explained it all to me. But they were right and it has made it easier to wash, the water beads brilliantly (as well as my Blackfire sealant and wax) but it will last longer than the traditional approach. Ours is the Autoglym Cerafuse coating. I haven't yet warped the toothbrushes or tried them on the car, having only washed her once since we took delivery. I have invested in some new Braun Wheel Woolies - the new ones have a 45deg angle. I absolutely hate washing the rims, any rims but especially the Veritate 19" ones. Anything that makes cleaning the inner barrel or reverse side of the spokes easier is money well spent. Enjoy your lovely new Superb.
-
Parts code sticker
Hi all anyone know where the code sticker is in a skoda octavia mk4.5 facelift 2024. I can't find it anywhere.