Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Doesn’t give much to go on. Although the yellow battery indicator on the right; is OBD11 saying battery is one of the error codes? A battery on its way out is famous for all the most random errors - can you get a decent tester on it? How old is it?
  3. Not what I have done, but more what someone else has done to it. Some bad parking in a car park by someone resulted in some paint transfer to the rear drivers side door. Some hand polish has been ordered to try and correct it. I don’t think it’s gone right through but I have ordered some touch up paint too just in case. A pleasant surprise that the person actually left contact details and we agreed upon a cash transfer to cover the cost of polish and paint.
  4. I think that it's more mileage than the average non-taxi, non-courier diesel car is covering in the UK. (A friend was a driver for many years for a courier company in the UK, delivering classified documents. The cars (Skoda diesels) were doing 700K++ miles. He used to do 700++ miles in a day, no problem.) What has been the experience of other forum members with the mileage covered by glow plugs and diesel injectors?
  5. I wish more people would run thru the numbers on car ownership. EV PCP deals start at around £150 a month and that is reckoned to be only a half to a third ot typical annual cost of running a car new or old. I have both experienced and hear about it on a monthly basis how much out of warranty cars can cost to repair, freightening. Charging at home is great, tomorrow, 9th of September there are 3 price dips, 5p to 6p per KWh around 0230 am until 5 am, 2.6p to 6p between 1130 and 1530 and then again 5p to 3.8p 2130 to MDT. This can give a running mileage cost of about 1,5p per mile !! 700 miles a month, quite average, £10 for an EV, Petrol and diesel quite close at 18 to 19p per mile on average so about £130 a month, almost paying for a cheap lease deal and no MOT, fixing and cheaper servicing. I think many would find it is a good economic move to go EV rather than run a 5 or 10 year old ICE car. Charging only in public is difficult but there are some very good public charging deals which are quite close to home charging prices. For some of us it is not about only money, though that is nice, it is about stopping polluting the world. After last summer and possible this winter people and governments may reconsider and a generous 8,500 Euros.... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ZLqxtksN05I You can calculate your complete vehicle expenses using the Car Ownership Cost Calculator UK to see a full breakdown per mile and month. [1] Running a car in the UK costs an average of £290 to £429 per month (£3,484 to £5,150 per year), depending on your annual mileage and vehicle type. [1, 2] KnowTheCostCar Ownership Cost Calculator UK 2026 | True Annual Cost...Calculate the true cost of owning a car in the UK in 2026. Includes VED, insurance, fuel, servicing, depreciation and MOT. See your real cost per mile.https://brumble.co.uk/guides/cost-of-running-a-car-uk
  6. Other than the connectors and the rivets were any other changes needed? I have fitted fairly cheap pioneer speakers to my superb as the old ones were completely broken but these may be an upgrade I do in the future.
  7. I haven’t. But if they issued a tsb they may well do it for free. So long as the tsb was issued within the warranty period. I have this with the bcm recall. I just haven’t got round to taking it in yet.
  8. Ferrite beads may help. I had a similar thing with cheap usb adaptors in the cigarette lighters of my superb knocking out the dab. Changed to slightly more expensive ones and it resolved it. Strangely I can use the cheap ones in my wife’s kodiaq without issue.
  9. My superb does this a bit. It’s got 130,000 miles on the clock and previous owner missed a gearbox service so I generally forgive her a little jerkiness. If you have vcds or carscanner or similar you can adjust the autohold sensitivity which may help.
  10. Dear lord, this sounds like a right ballache. Was it able to be sorted in the end?
  11. I normally leave it on charge for up to 12 hours or overnight. Charger is completely automatic (auto recharge) but also has manual settings for 2,4, 6 or 8 Amp charge rate and setting for EFB/AGM or standard LA battery. Charger switches automatically to maintenance charge rate once it detects the battery is fully charged regardless of charge rate or mode selected. Charging voltage and Amps are displayed alternately on the screen while it is charging. 2-monthly charges are only during winter if I'm not driving it much.
  12. Ah that’s interesting. I get the daily updates but don’t have connected services so will I have to do full fw update manually? The kodiaq is due to go in for bcm recall so may ask if they can do it then too.
  13. Agreed. I’m imagining they’re Gemini wheels, so it could be one for the issue, one for the refurb/diamond cut? Not sure. I wouldn’t really worry about the tyres - any used dealership car ever comes with unbranded crap. I’ve been with someone to pick up a 718 GT4 with mismatched tyres!
  14. Delayed a day by Mum being a bit unwell. After chat with my home mechanic I bit the bullet & paid £60 for a diagnostic check in case there was anything serious. Among a whole list of stuff the likely culprits were a couple of Glow plugs, one active one passive and a passive Active Grill Air Shutter 'A' Suck On. All cleared and we drove home with none reappearing. As they were nearly all passive and I've a service due soon I'll probably leave it a week or two & see what happens.
  15. Today
  16. I don’t think so. Just have to wait our turn. Still waiting on our kodiaq
  17. I did a bit of looking in to this using Google's AI mode. Where I got to was: Rotate between one tank full with Millers Ecomax to three tanks full with Dipetane with a "clean" tank in between to clear out the additives. Giving: Tank full with Millers Tank full with no additive Tank full with Dipetane Tank full with Dipetane Tank full with Dipetane Tank full with no additive Then back to 1. The idea being Millers does "cleaning" while Dipetane gives a cleaner burn and less carbon build up. Both are supposed to help increase MPG as well over just diesel.
  18. Yes i found that out here's my vin that's for that don't see why we should have to pay extra for the information.
  19. @petertr Yes, I did the same but with Archoil, Millers wasn't available at the moment - I bought 5L can and refill a small bottle before or after I go to the gas station. Premium diesel is good, but with these fuel prices, it's just not an option. Adding this stuff makes the engine less noisy and reduces the DPF regens, or at least I think it does :D
  20. Or message me with VIN.
  21. Skoda haven't fitted a sticker for years.
  22. Hi folks, I've recently got myself a 2010 Scout with what I believe to be the Bolero system. It doesn't have an sat nav in it, not an problem. It has a button that say 'phone' but all that does is mute the radio! Any ideas if it will actually connect to a mobile phone. When I try and connect via bluetooth, there are no obvious connections available. I'm guessing the answer will be "nope" It does have a slot for an SD card. I've copied a load of tracks onto an brand new card but when I insert the card, I get a message about the card not being recognised. Does anyone know a way of testing if this can be resolved. I have discovered that it can take 6 CD's so my personal music choices can be expanded. I also have a Pure Highway digital radio so all is not lost music wise. Cheers.
  23. Hi everyone, I've searched the forum and found several similar tailgate problems, but I haven't been able to find a solution that exactly matches my case. If this has already been discussed or solved elsewhere, my apologies, and I'd really appreciate a link to the relevant thread. I preferred to start a new topic rather than resurrect an old one because my symptoms are slightly different. However, I've read the previous cases and will test the suggested solutions, particularly the latch/closing-assist mechanism, and report the results here. Car: Skoda Superb III, 2017, 3V3 Liftback (not Estate/Combi), 1.4 TSI 150 PS, DSG7 automatic. Main problemPressing the opening button operates the latch, but the tailgate does not lift by itself. If I give it a small manual push, the electric drive starts working, raises it to approximately 1/4 of its travel and stops. Normally it will not power-close either. Pressing the button only produces the "beep beep" warning. The interesting part is that when the car correctly detects the boot as open and the open-tailgate symbol appears on the instrument cluster, the tailgate can sometimes continue electrically all the way to fully open. If it reaches fully open, it can sometimes power-close normally as well. Because of this, we're particularly interested in the latch/closing-assist mechanism and the signals used by 6D to determine whether the tailgate is open or closed. VCDS findings so farBoth position sensors track each other extremely closely. For example, at approximately 24% opening: Position Sensor 1: 512 Position Sensor 2: 511 Rear lid position: 24% When completely closed, both sensors return to 0. After clearing the previous faults and reproducing the problem, 6D currently stores no new DTC. I have also tried: Rear lid: reset standardization Adapt flap opening angle Both Basic Settings start but remain indefinitely on Running and never complete. 6D controllerSW: 5Q0 959 107 L HW: 5Q0 959 107 J Component: HDSG-Modul H13 0261 Coding: 1008 ASAM: EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736 001014 I'm using VCDS 21.9.0 x64 with an AliExpress interface which cannot be updated, so I'm also keeping in mind the possibility of a limitation with this VCDS/interface setup. What I'm looking forApart from ideas about the fault itself, I'm particularly looking for data from a known-good Superb Mk3 3V3 Liftback (not Estate): complete 6D Controller Map, 6D Adaptation Map / ADP map, 6D coding/configuration, and, if possible, measuring values related to the latch/closing assist and reasons for cancellation/stopping of tailgate movement. Ideally from the same or a very similar module: 5Q0 959 107 L HW: 5Q0 959 107 J HDSG-Modul H13 0261 EV_DeckLidCONTIAU736 001014 Coding: 1008 I don't want to run Resetting all adaptations until I have backed up my current configuration and, preferably, have a known-good configuration for comparison. If anyone has a 3V3 Liftback with an electric tailgate and VCDS, or has experienced similar symptoms, any information would be greatly appreciated. I'll update the thread with the results of further tests and, of course, the solution if we manage to find the cause. Thanks!
  24. Date of manufaktured is 30 05 2026
  25. How long do you leave the battery on charge at each 2 month charging interval?, does it display the charging voltage and if so do you leave it charging until the voltage falls to some known/recommended level?.
  26. If that's the app that lets you lock the car, start the heating etc - yes I have that. Always have. Still no OTA update other than this daily UI update one. Is there a way to trigger it to start either in the car or on the app? Have never been to a dealer with this car, its 2021, so hardly under warranty or anything. Have the SOS error too at the moment (and the charger flap fail, which is going to get fixed next week)

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.