Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Geobrett joined the community
  3. Hi Got to change my sons front consul bushes on his mk1 1.2htp and the old bushes are so worn so not sure which way new ones fit. I think the narrow slotted section in rubber is vertical and hex section has to be horizontal but they are offset so is it the narrower side or thicker side that is nearest engine. Photo from internet as example and his are about the same. Going to replace swing arms etc at same time. Using Febi reinforced bushes. Alasdair
  4. I like this one
  5. Hi Posting for information as most of the posts I could see by searching for timing belt pricing were a few years old. Have received the following quotes in and around the Glasgow area over the past week. All quotes are for the timing belt and water pump on a Mk3 (2018) 2.0 TDi. All inclusive of parts and labour. Skoda Dealer: £990 (plus £110 extra for auxiliary belt) Local garage: £770 not incl. auxiliary belt VAG Independent: £800 incl. auxiliary belt Of course prices likely to depend on where you are / engine etc but significantly more than what seems to have been quoted a few years ago may give an idea to any prospective buyers or those planning ahead. I assume prices have just gone up over the years as all quotes are in the same / expected ballpark but if I'm being ripped off let me know!
  6. Woof! That car's seen some action!
  7. Some shots from the east coast and a poor attempt at a landscape shot with my iPhone.
  8. Roge joined the community
  9. That’s great detail thanks @JR RS sounds like @tombee and I will get what we’re after from the kind offer from @travs !
  10. Slartibartfast80 joined the community
  11. Much appreciated! I bought the extras expecting to screw up with the first or second attempt. This kind of thing is quite amusing. You pay a considerable pile of cash for what must be the most software complex car we've ever owned and.....I am buying a pack of three toothbrushes for £3 on my Tesco Clubcard to help clean the intricate wheels! It could be worse. Our RR Velar cost us £71k back in 2017 and I found myself stuffing pipe insulation to pack out the tension for the driver's window to stop it rattling - one if several DIY fixes. Whether its been the Mercedes, the Volvo x 2 or our earlier Ford Galaxy..... DIY, John Bull solutions have had their place! I'll post a photo of my remodelling attempt later in the week when I get some time to do this. Thanks again for the suggestion. Best wishes.
  12. Today
  13. This type of rear diffuser, known as the Sportline diffuser does not come with exhaust cutouts. It comes with or without towball cutouts, and it comes in chrome or black trims. I changed my basic non-Sportline diffuser with no exhaust cutout on my 220 to a Sportline diffuser with no exhaust cutout, bout 7 yrs ago. The Sportline 280 4x4 and non-Sportline 4x4 both get a different diffuser, which has the exhaust cutout. They don't get a Sportline diffuser. Also, it's the same diffuser regardless of wagon or sedan. The bumper itself though IS different between wagon and sedan.
  14. Hello everyone! I am long time lurker, this is my first post. I own a 2021 MK4 Skoda Octavia RS and I love it, but some things are annoying my autistic brain, mainly - rattles and interior random noises XD But ok, I managed to identify main culprits and solve the issues to somewhat satisfactory extend, but one kept on bugging me, until my buddy finally identified the culprit: the back seats vent controls. At higher speeds on highways (which are fairly good in Croatia, regarding the surface quality) this thing produces a high pitched rattle/buzzing noise, it is kinda hard to describe it, but imagine having a coin on a metal surface that is vibrating at high frequency. So he identified it and moved it and then it stopped. Then I tried it the next day and it worked, but I can't find a permanent solution, so I am asking you if anyone has any ideas? I do have felt tape, silicone spray and white grease spray (lithium grease), should I perhaps first try with small amounts of grease on the plastic joints and contact areas? Thanks,
  15. Martin088 joined the community
  16. Bodzio joined the community
  17. It was ignition switch I mentioned, not barrel. Much easier and cheaper to change if necessary. Sounds like it may not be though.
  18. Unforunately the car developed electrical faults, Map detail disaappearing with an image of a car in a blank screen, an intermittent warning the active sign recognition wasn't working, a booming/resonance in the cabin plus others. Took it back and rejected it under the Consumer Rights act on monday 5 oct. After my Superb it was a disapointment.
  19. Yesterday
  20. i didnt want to i just noticed it did that and thought i it was odd i . the engine cleaner goes on a luke warm engine ( stopped) then cleaned off but cheers all
  21. Ooh isn’t that pretty! Nice nick for a mk3 ?
  22. Hortiguy started following Noob!
  23. No clicks when it played up for me. It clicked when starting normally. I tried x5 times taking key out and using spare I had with me, adjusted steering wheel height and tapped it in case of ignition barrel fault. Previous time was 2 weeks ago for wife. She rattled gear stick and then it started. Of course the gearbox mechanism is inches from starter. I had previously duct taped that red trigger wire as it felt insecure, loose. I had to cut duct tape carefully and cable was still attached to started flat terminal pin. Only after checking trigger wire and tapping starter did car start on next try. I cleaned all earth points afterwards With neg on battery disconnected and they weren't too bad. The positive wire that is braided and part of solenoid on starter was a bit green. The Bosch starter has a different starter sound to the valeo. I don't like it but if the car starts... I've tried starting x4 times and it hasn't failed to start. The starter is attached with X2 18mm bolts with X2 13mm nuts for earth or for a bracket. Also another 13mm for live big current connector. I'll see how it goes over next week, if it fails to start then it will be ignition barrel which is a job I've not done. The cruise control has broke and brought up a code a few months ago, it was never good on setting speed since I bought the car.
  24. JAK joined the community
  25. You can use a bowl of hot water as an alternative for softening the plastic if Mrs A won't part with her hairdryer. Soak the brush for a few seconds in the water to warm it. Once the plastic is warmed by either method, apply firm but even pressure to bend it. You should be able to feel it moving - it's a bit like very thick toffee - and also when it starts to cool and stiffen, and becomes brittle again. You may need two or three goes to get each of the bends fully formed. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of the finished product 😄
  26. ropie joined the community
  27. Nottslan Yes. my car was new with 5 miles on the clock.
  28. Replied in PM - requested VIN to check details and prepare an offer.
  29. Apologies for the late reply. Glow plugs: in order to stop them seizing and being difficult to remove (rounded heads, seizing, snapping), I suggest replacing them every 7 years. If the head rounds, I suggest leaving it in place and not trying to extract it; the engine will start OK on the remaining glow plugs, but obviously more might fail. They are not expensive and easy to remove if not stubborn/seized. Injectors: new OEM injectors are good for about 120 - 130K miles. Reconditioned ones last about 20K miles. When one injector fails, the rest also fail within about 10 - 15K miles. Genuine, new OEM injectors are expensive. Other forum members may have different views on the above.
  30. cbzbfailure joined the community
  31. 7heob joined the community
  32. Hello, I got myself a 200ps tdi at the beginning of this year and so far I don't regret it one bit, but then again I haven't tried the 280 or 190 tsi-s. It replaced my previous 150ps tsi Octavia which I also loved, but this car had most of the bells and whistles I'd dreamed of and more power than the previous so not going to tempt myself with the tsi-s for quite a while. In regards to driving, it's my first automatic diesel and to me the throttle response on the regular "D" profile felt a bit sluggish, since I don't like to drive in "Sport" mode all the time like some people suggest. I got around that by reading the forum and doing a suggested adaptation to change the throttle response profile from "Incremental" to "Direct" and for me at least that improved the feel quite a bit. I don't know the difference in 0-60 for the 200ps tdi and 190ps tsi but I can say that you'll certainly feel the difference in power from your current 150ps, I certainly did and it hasn't left me wanting, I've had no problems passing other cars even when fully loaded. When doing research before committing to my car I found a reddit thread when googling, you'll find it with the name "VW EA288 2.0 TDI things to know before buying" and that gave me some good hints on what to check. Go take both the 200 and 190 for a stroll and who knows, maybe you'll favour one more than the other, making this an easy choice for you Best of luck on your car search!
  33. marbrifox started following Noob!
  34. Hello Evolution13! Thank you for the reply! I did not know there was a search for this forum and I thank you for the guidance for what sections to look into. Kind regards, Boifreson.
  35. marbrifox joined the community
  36. No worries. I sourced it from http://www.vangilsautomotive.nl/ via https://www.proxyparts.com Searched for the engine by engine code. Did the work with a friend of mine, so a big savings.
  37. Thanks pab567, how much would that set me back? Is it DIYable? I installed my mmi box fine, that was mostly plug and play. Is there any car coding involved when swapping the infotainment over?
  38. Monday's little purchase from Tesco. Every little helps! Just need to ask Mrs A for access to her beloved hairdryer, set heat to max and try my hand at the adaptation!
  39. Tell more about this, location please

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.