All Activity
- Past hour
-
Breakdown In France WOES
Hi fellow SKODA owners. My 2012 Superb 2.0 TDi 170CR with 203K on the clock sadly let me down whilst returning from France last week. Having effortlessly carried us to the South of France we disappointingly broke down on the way home just 30 miles into our journey but 800 miles from home. After being recovered to the nearest recovery depot we duly made alternative arrangements to get home to then start the process of dealing with our breakdown cover which happens to the AA through SKODA Assist. The first surprise was to be told that our car would be repaired through the SKODA Warranty. This came as a surprise as servicing at the local SKODA dealer ended a long time ago to be replaced by me carrying out routine servicing and more involved jobs such as clutches etc to be handled by my trusted local specialist. All I had done had maintained my breakdown cover with Skoda Assist ever since they wrote to me when the car was 3 years old. Who was I to argue if someone else was going to pay. It all started to unravel when I was told that SKODA in France do not offer the reciprocal arrangement and anyway the nearest dealer in Beziers has a 3 month waiting time for repairs. To date I have not been able to get an accurate diagnosis as to what the problem is and I need to make a decision whether to get the vehicle back to the UK and repaired. To complicate matters the current market value of the car is less than the cost of repatriation. I have the option to repatriate the car myself for which I will be reimbursed up to the value of the car. Having looked at the cost of doing so I can do so without putting my own hand in my pocket. The problem is that the breakdown cover will only reimburse my out of pocket expenses for getting the car back home once I can prove the car has been repaired. All I can share here is what happened. Car was running absolutely fine, we were on the motorway sitting happily at 70mph with the cruise control on when without any indication ie. noise etc we started to slow down. My first reaction was to put my foot on the pedal but with no response. Looking at the dash the glow plug warning light was flashing. Thankfully we were going downhill and were able to free wheel into an SOS layby. Having stopped I briefly tried to start the engine but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem. If it's a problem that is £1500-2000k or above then the car will most likely be left in France. The car has been brilliant but is nearly 14 years old and has done 203K miles. The mileage does not put me off and since I know the car and that it has never let me down I would prefer to keep it running. Some might think I am being sentimental but to buy a 3 or 4 year old replacement that has all the same features as the one I have will cost me £30K. Any help would be appreciated.
-
Junips99 started following Breakdown In France WOES
-
the truth about electric cars
EV weight may be coming down but they are still heavy - eg your 'lightweight' French Renault Scenic is heavier than my 'heavy' German petrol Kodiaq by a margin of around 300kg. In terms of tyres - yes they are designed to be quiet inside the car - hence the absorbing foam etc... BUT... the drive-by noise rating remains largely the same for similar tyre sizes - eg both the Michelin Primacy 4 and Michelin Primacy-e in 235/50R19 size both have a noise rating of 70dB. I think you may be seeing what you want to see, as opposed to what is actually being seen?
-
Very strange brake feedback - Kodiaq SE
Following on from my earlier post, one of my colleagues has exactly the same car as mine, he has no issues with the brakes on his and the front wheels on his car collect quite a bit of brake dust, mine dont, despite some ‘spirited’ driving. I can only assume that like all manufacturers Skoda have more than one supplier of brake components including pads, and the compounds are probably not the same, which would explain the differing driving experiences that seem to be prevalent amongst owners. If it were my own car i would be changing the pads, probably to Brembo, to see what difference it makes.
- Amundsen MIB1 Firmware update finally completed - MSTD_EU_SK_P6230 MU0490
-
the truth about electric cars
Two companies I have been most associated with are Ceva and DPD and Ceva are looking to bring the Windrose trucks to the UK and I presume the frightening increasing in diesel costs and strong desire to go to lower carbon footprint the Ceva UK fleet is predominately running on HVO rather than diesel. Can be a little more than diesel and is erratic pricing. Hope to see the Windrose EV HGVs on the road soon but I am sure they will want to test in cooler weather but Windrose has already done much of this and truck has 800v architecture and charging is very good in the chargers are there which is something Uk government working on with Gridserve and others to hit the 2040 deadline of all trucks being electric..... https://www.gridserve.com/electric-freightway/ https://www.cevalogistics.com/en/news-and-media/newsroom/press-release/ceva-uk-investment-low-emission-fleet DPD also breaking out from EV delivery vans not just being mainly cities..... DPD UK is expanding its electric van fleet with 341 new Mercedes-Benz eSprinters, taking the parcel carrier’s total number of electric vehicles to more than 4,000. The first vans are due to enter service in September, with the full batch scheduled to be operational by the end of October. They will be deployed both within the M25 and at locations elsewhere in the UK, ahead of the company’s peak Christmas delivery period. DPD said the new vehicles will allow it to extend the use of larger electric vans beyond the inner-city areas where much of its EV fleet has so far been concentrated. According to the company, its electric vehicles currently operate across more than 7,300 UK postcodes. In 2025, DPD delivered more than 85 million parcels using electric vehicles, including a predominantly diesel-free final-mile operation within London’s North and South Circular roads. Olly Craughan, head of sustainability at DPD UK, said larger panel vans remain central to the company’s final-mile operation. "The eSprinters can carry the same payload as the equivalent 3.5t diesel while the new battery technology and improved range mean more of our depots can start deploying larger EVs further afield,” he said". DPD pushes electric vans beyond city centres with hundred...DPD pushes electric vans beyond city centres with hundreds-strong order
- OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
-
OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
Can't pm, sorry i'm too new, could you message me?
-
OCTAVIA 3 BONNET STRUTS
Still available, pm if interested.
- Today
-
About to embark on Skoda ownership, Superb L&K Estate
@commievid how's the alu subframe? Its starting to fall on my radar so want to get some proper feedback.
- vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
-
vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
As i mentioned above, I think it is a matter of model, or specific piece, as, referring to my selection model, ventilation is pretty active...I personally use 2nd scale throughout summer, here in Greece, where it is enough to keep body dry and cool...3rd scale is too much, activated only in harsh conditions...1st scale is pretty mediocre though....maybe the nature of the material...I don t know if vrs is real leather , or it is leatherette partially, or completely....e.g. selection seats are leather in the middle where body sits and touches, where there is leatherette, at the rest of the seat....
- vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
-
vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
My experience with a previous Kodiaq L&K was quite different. The vented seats on that car when turned to max got cold very quickly, so quickly that it didn't take long for me to turn them down, even on very hot summer days. Given the weather most months in the UK vented seats are not exactly a must have.
-
Colin1051 started following vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
-
How To - Reverse Camera Fitting Guide
Hi. I have Skoda Scala 2020. I bought geniune rear camera for my car from skoda-parts. There is a fitting instructions in my order. I have a question for connectivitiy cables. I connected cable in blue socket thats ok. But now how i will other cables apply which socket because fitting instructions shows BCM to apply other cables or do i need canbus cable like i add attachment? Because there is no canbus cable in my parcel. I find BCM location and i know C socket. Please anyone tell me which one canbus pin cables? Or send me picture or like that. Thank you.
-
iskoc0636 started following How To - Reverse Camera Fitting Guide
-
Best Mid Range Tyres - MK4 Estate 1.5TSI
Think I have settled on Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance 2 205/55 R17 V (95), the variant that has an A rating for both fuel efficiency and wet braking. I've got my local Tyre fitter, who is 2 minutes away, to do all four tyres for £500, which doesn't seem bad. Here's a link for the specific tyre: https://www.blackcircles.com/brands/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance-2/205-55-r17-v-95?tyre=48109058
-
How do I save the settings?
This, and as somebody who this summer took delivery of a brand new Kodiaq after test driving a multitude of other manufacturers (a special mention to Kia who make it infuriating, with the settings buried behind 4x menus!), the ADAS systems on Skoda aren't anywhere near as intrusive as other brands. 2x (or 3x if you want lane assist off also) quick presses of a button on the steering wheel and it's off. No rooting around menus. We have it easy.
-
Windy-Miller started following How do I save the settings?
-
P30603P update file
You need 308, not 306. 308 supports almost all previous versions as you can see here Pretty sure you can get it from mibsolution as well but if not I have a mega link with a version here. once you go to 308 you can springboard straight o v332 which is the latest version widely available. We're on the cusp of v334 coming out but that hasn't been uploaded anywhere I can see
- Fabia MK2 RS Owner Australia
-
Hortiguy started following Fabia MK2 RS Owner Australia
-
vRS ventilated seats - faulty or normal?!?
This is correct, hence me going for the suite option. Just to put this to bed, my dealer finally got another vRS into stock with the vented seats, and they are exactly the same as mine. So in short, it's nice to have the leather(ette), but if you want powerful vented seats then don't bother, they're crap.
-
Software upgrade
There is. What version do you have at the moment? Go to Menu, Settings, then System then scroll to the bottom for Software Version or something like that. And do you have twisty knobs (Amundsen) or just touch screen buttons (Columbus)?
-
the truth about electric cars
Again, you are not talking about the UK; we just don't have or will have the infrastructure to allow those trucks to become more common here, for sometime to come. I do accept, however, that for some companies and scenarios an EV could be the best solution for them, but for now, it is not a direct one-for-one swap. Also, tests done by various organisations here in the UK have shown that EV vans just cannot compete on the longer trips or those that are heavily loaded, with their ICE counterparts. Note, I'm not talking about last-mile delivery vans like those used by Royal Mail or other such companies, i.e., Amazon, DPD, etc., all of which may well appear to be fully laden if you look inside them, but the fact is that many of these cardboard boxes contain a smaller blister-packed item, surrounded by bubble wrap or other such protection. I have friends who work in council technical services, etc., and they report that their council trialled some EV vans, of the same type as their existing ICE ones. These EVs were quickly rejected; they could not complete a normal day's work without either running out of power to climb hills because of their load, or they were running out of battery and needed charging to make the return trip at the end of the day. Others have tested EV cars towing caravans and found them incapable of performing as well when towing and also dramatic reductions in their range compared to ICE versions of the same cars towing the same caravans
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
Its definitely a looker and a great bit of kit @Roscio Agree the rear brakes will just need a bit of a clean up. I had originally put DS2500 pads on my front and rear but because I didn't drive it hard all the time, the rears started to squeak after a few months. Ended up having to back to standard pads. I've since read opinions that the rear brakes are oversized for the standard front size and so the rears don't end up working hard in the standard brake-balance setup). Whoever picks up the car will definitely have plenty of fun!
-
Power steering light illuminted on dash, it comes and goes
Ok, so yesterday whilst returning home said light came on, it was amber coloured, it eventually went, but returned sparodically. Is there a power steering oil top -up point somewheer or is it likely to be something else, I cannot find any references on here. The car has covered 109k and is a deisel 140 Thanks in advance Tony S
-
2011 Fabia 1.2TSI, 67,737 miles, AP Coilover conversion *non-running*
Hey yeah it’s a DQ200 as far as I know.
-
Ad blue leak - Crystalisation around injector / repair help
Quick update on this - I purchased a caliper reader to measure the outer diameter of the adblue tube and the injector nozzle to make sure the parts would fit. Injector nozzle = 6.3mm (the new part is actually designed to recieve 6mm but I measured the internal diameter of another pnuematic connector and it was exactly 6.3mm so im guessing they have a small amount of wiggle room) Ad Blue tube = 4mm (this will connect into the 6mm-4mm conversion part)